Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PHOTOS, Sigs & Avatars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Afghanistan Five-Oh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRL15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHOTOS, Sigs & Avatars
    Posted: 12 October 2003 at 11:56am

Please, keep all of your Gun Photos here, in the Gallery Section.

Threads that are started WITHOUT a photo, will either be Locked, or Deleted.

Other photos, suitable for a "Family Forum", may also find their way into this Forum, from time to time.

This helps the rest of the pages in the Forum, load onto your computer, as fast as possible.

Please, avoid putting photos of your gun into your Sig, for the same reason. The file size for a Sig should not exceed 50K.

Mods WILL Delete Sigs that exceed 50K.

"As a general rule, a sig should be less than 150 pixels high and 350 pixels wide. 50k should be considered a "hard cap" for signature file size. Of course, the smaller the file size the better." (Rock Slide)

The rules for Avatars are for a MAX File Size of 20K. Smaller is better.

I will leave this Thread open, so that some folks can leave instructions for putting photos into this Forum. I have no clue on how to do that.

Due to the dumping of files that are older than 5 weeks, on Friday 10-10-03, the previous instructions were lost. We now need new instructions.

Post Instructions, in this Thread.

Any Post in this Thread, that does not deal with INSTRUCTIONS for putting photos into the Forum, will be deleted. Any Instructions that are found to be defective, will either be Edited/corrected, or deleted.

When it is generally conceded, that we have enough versions of ACCURATE instructions, this Thread will be Locked.

Thank You!
KRL

Edited by KRL15
That which does not kill you often makes you stronger.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 2:04pm
Fair enough and easy enough.

1: Get some webspace to host your pictures
2: Follow the providers instructions for uploading your pictures to the space
3: Right click on the image you wish to display here
4: Select "View image in new window" (I believe most browsers have this) and select the URL in the address bar
5: Control+C to copy the URL
6: On the forum, in the Post area, click on this button, and Control+V to paste the URL in the box that comes up.

Viola, picture in your post.
ItsJustMe View Drop Down
Suicide by mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsJustMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 2:41pm

Also, if you do not know how to find a webpage to host your pics, feel free to send them to me or many others who do have accounts with places to post pictures.

You can just put a thread up asking, and somebody will surely help you out. You just need to send the picture to them via email.

<Replaced gigantormous sig with strike, good trade.>
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 4:46pm
Quote: Originally posted by ItsJustMe on 12 October 2003

Also, if you do not know how to find a webpage to host your pics, feel free to send them to me or many others who do have accounts with places to post pictures.

You can just put a thread up asking, and somebody will surely help you out. You just need to send the picture to them via email.

me too. i can host peoples stuff.

PaintballNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 5:31pm
Quote: Originally posted by Enos Shenk on 12 October 2003
Fair enough and easy enough.

1: Get some webspace to host your pictures
2: Follow the providers instructions for uploading your pictures to the space
3: Right click on the image you wish to display here
4: Select "View image in new window" (I believe most browsers have this) and select the URL in the address bar
5: Control+C to copy the URL
6: On the forum, in the Post area, click on this button, and Control+V to paste the URL in the box that comes up.

Viola, picture in your post.
Or you can just right click to get a menu up.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 8:24pm
That too, theres different ways to do it. I just right click and hit "Copy image location" in Mozilla.
theguy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, F-Bombs In Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2003 at 9:50pm
www.pbnationmagazine.com Has free webhosting of up to 100 images free for 90 days.
[IMG]http://www.tippmannchat.net/images/netradiosig.jpg">
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2003 at 12:32am

Quote: Originally posted by Delta Force on 12 October 2003

What if I want a picture in my avatar? Or what if I want a picture in my sig?

the edit profile thing will tell you how to do the avatar.

type [IMG]url[/IMG] and insert it in your sig.

theguy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, F-Bombs In Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2003 at 1:20am
Make sure the picture isn't really huge or that its a large file either, not everyone has cable or DSL.
[IMG]http://www.tippmannchat.net/images/netradiosig.jpg">
paintballer111 View Drop Down

GoodBye. Learn to clean up your langage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2003 at 7:41pm
y do we have to know all this stuff
I support two teams...the Yankees and whoever beats the Red Sox
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2003 at 12:17am
sos you dont get in trouble......

also, how do i make an uber-sig like civilian of's?
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2003 at 3:31pm
Another good thing to do is think about the ammount of detail you want on your pic.

If you are trying to show the trace lines left by the chrome plating, then you can keep it high. If you aren't then why not run it through a couple of Photoshop filters and reduce the detail level a bit, it makes for faster loading pictures.

KBK
huntersniper:) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntersniper:) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2003 at 5:41pm
watch the guidlines in posting pictures in your sig, i've seen many people with deleated signatures already today. out mods are hard at work every lunch break keeping this forum managable so our computers can load it quickly.
"I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse. One of two things is going to be on that contract, your signature, or your brains." Vito Corleone ~ The Godfather
Knight of Fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knight of Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2003 at 10:00am
Please also dont show us stock markers particullerly Tippmanns ( stock markers are markers basically with no upgrades, no new paintjob, all the basic parts you got it when you first bought your marker) As of we know what a stock Tippmann looks like, If we wanted to see stock markers we just have to look under the markers section of the Tippmann website or take all the upgrades out of our own and say i.e. "wow a stock silver model 98 custom"
Team Wardog -team captain
The Unknown View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - F-Bomb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2003 at 3:19pm

If you ask stuff like: "How do i make and/or host my sig or avatar?"

Look below you will find links for doing just that.

Free Hosts:

File Shack

Sig-Host

Izerop  

Free Resizers,& Converters:

Mohiv Resizer and Converter

Image Converter and Editor*30 Day Trial*                                          

Feel free to post your own below!!!!

~DAN~

Edited by The Unknown
jdna12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdna12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2004 at 1:53am

I give up. I have edited and changed this post a dozen times so far and I'm not doing it again. I tried posting a picture of the text that is needed to insert pictures into your posting. It worked great until the image hosting service died or changed. Then I would have to find another hosting service, change the text in the pictures, re-save the pics, change the script on this post. What a nightmare. I am now using www.hunt101.com. They are free and all they ask for is to put their website on your pic. They don't do this to avatars, only larger pics. If their are any posts that refer to this one and are now incorrect, I apologize.

My main point is that, in order to add a picture to your post or signature, type in this:

left bracket, I, M, G, right bracket, the web address of you hosted pic, left bracket, /, I, M, G, right bracket. Good luck.

Edited by jdna12
The sky darkens. In the distance you can hear the roar of the A-5. You shudder for you know it soon will be here.
wizno 98c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizno 98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2004 at 11:07pm

http://rhs.wizno.com/upload/uploader.php

Upload your photos there

The path to your image will be:

.gif/jpg">http://rhs.wizno.com/upload/sigs/<filename&g t;. gif/jpg

Edited by wizno 98c
hotshot22 View Drop Down

AKA: bob54, MILKMAN2, random person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2004 at 2:55pm
the best place to host is http://www.hunt101.com
ThEeViLcHiCkEn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThEeViLcHiCkEn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2004 at 9:42am

theres alot webshots.com,ophoto.com,then sony has one i think called imangine-something.com, there is yahoo.com, msn.com, and many many more

Pigtail999 View Drop Down
Guested - Childish crap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pigtail999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2004 at 8:52pm
If you want to have a more personalized layout, tripod.com is great for hosting your pictures.
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can't think for yourself in this forum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic