Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uber Ideas, A Useful Guide, Please Read!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worshipthepaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2008 at 12:59am
do they have videos for the Oklahoma D_Day?
CDNcplred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDNcplred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:17pm
Hey, I'm looking to bounce some ideas for a different type of marker. I'm an adult and don't need to be told I'm an idiot or blown off. I've searched these forums and see mostly mods, not a whole new style. Who do you guys think would be the best to start a thread with and where? Is this the best place? I don't think my ideas are revolutionary. I'm surprised I haven't seen them anywhere yet. That leads me to think there is an expense limit or demand (lack of) minimum. I've talked to guys who build custom guns and they believe I have some good ideas. They can't really answer questions about HP tank manufacturing or cost versus design expense, etc. That's the stuff I'm looking for. Thanks for your time if you read this.
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 3:43pm

If you want to start a thread, go ahead. Just be prepared for your idea to ripped apart, all of its flaws exposed, and then thrown back at you. Also you should know that Tippmann doesn't actually read this board, so don't expect a response from them.

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
CDNcplred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CDNcplred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 11:52pm

How about a bullpup design like an SA-80, Steyr AUG, or a CAW. The hopper is built in above the air tank at the back, in the butt of the weapon. The hopper could be fixed or removeable. It's the size that I can't get right. How wide do you think a weapon could be before it's too wide? As wide as a pod 2" to 2 1/2"? The feed tube would be a hollow worm gear that feeds to the same position as an existing top loading marker. Air or electric driven? If you know what a CAW is then you know the shape of what I'm thinking of. The Israeli's are making a bullpup as well. Another probleme is the size of the air tank. Large capacity HP tanks are fat. Could you go longer and thinner. Then the distance from butt stock to pistol grip becomes an issue. The thumb hole style butts look cool but you lose ambidexterity. Thanks so far.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:05am
They already make bullpup mods for the A-5 like that. They are called B-5's. The rest of the design is not feasible and impossible to implement profitably. 
KSTIPPHEAD View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSTIPPHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 1:57am
Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

I made this to let the newbs to the site know that there are certain ideas that are over-used and have been done.

To the Newbies:
There are certain ideas that will get you flamed and ridiculed.
[msg truncated]
Tippmann Pistols

Actually I just got an email about a Tippmann Pistol.  Honestly, the thought had never occurred to me, but (I'm happy with my T-9) but I am excited to try this Tippmann Pistol out...

Not much of a pic, and there was NO info included.  Not even a hint.. jerks.   This was the only clue included:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/mapexman115/Paintbal l/pistol_logo.jpg
matthew98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:01pm

Thinking about how so many people were talking about paintball knives,i thought of something: why not have a fake plastic knife, and have the inside filled with some sort of sponge. The sponge is saturated with paint, and when it is swiped across something or somebody, paint could come out of holes in the edge of the blade, making a large paint smear.

Oh and btw hello everybody

Orpackrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orpackrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2009 at 2:14am
Originally posted by matthew98 matthew98 wrote:

Thinking about how so many people were talking about paintball knives,i thought of something: why not have a fake plastic knife, and have the inside filled with some sort of sponge. The sponge is saturated with paint, and when it is swiped across something or somebody, paint could come out of holes in the edge of the blade, making a large paint smear.

Oh and btw hello everybody

These are what most of the people I play with use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cold-Steel-Rubber-R1-Military-Training-Knife-92R14R1_W0QQitemZ270336080764QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270336080764&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4|65%3A15|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Its basically for barrel tagging without the gun or barrel.  Makes you more mobile.

malaki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Bunker_Attack Bunker_Attack wrote:

Tippmann will never make a paintball hand gun, or an Sl-68 III.

I thought that line was pretty funny, given the new gun coming out next month
Spidey667 View Drop Down
Banned - Swearing/idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidey667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2009 at 8:46pm
im not sure if many will agree but i just thought of this
how about shields
yes shields

but they have to be a certain weight

i think it will make every sigle game a hell of a lot more challenging

think
guy with shield in one hand
and then shooting his gun with the other
i know not very accurate

but then another buddy behind him blasting away
while at the same time ducking for cover

maybe a guy with a shield slowly moving up
while the rest of the team flanks

just imagine ur out playing and this guy with a shield shows up
........u can either flank him or run
it changes the whole mind set

but remember it has to be heavy
cause if it was light well then
i would just call that cheating

Edited by Spidey667 - 14 June 2009 at 8:49pm
Gravdigr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravdigr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Spidey667 Spidey667 wrote:

im not sure if many will agree but i just thought of this
how about shields
yes shields

but they have to be a certain weight

i think it will make every sigle game a hell of a lot more challenging

think
guy with shield in one hand
and then shooting his gun with the other
i know not very accurate

but then another buddy behind him blasting away
while at the same time ducking for cover

maybe a guy with a shield slowly moving up
while the rest of the team flanks

just imagine ur out playing and this guy with a shield shows up
........u can either flank him or run
it changes the whole mind set

but remember it has to be heavy
cause if it was light well then
i would just call that cheating

Actually the urban combat arena I play at has riot shields for some scenerios.  It's a nice idea but most people don't use it, though it's not too hard to use with my tippmann TPX HANDGUN hehe.  Never say never.
Aero IV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aero IV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:39pm
Tippmann made a paintball handgun.
unclebob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:03pm
how bout a scenario with radar, everyone get a beacon then a small squad consisting of about 2-3 people get the detectors so they know when someone is coming around the corner, this would work best in a large scale scenario. also for a bayonet that ive seen on some other forums how bout tie a paintbrush to the tip of ur marker just a quick idea
HercTPA View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HercTPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 9:15am
1 price and all the paintballs you can shoot for x amount of hrs.

It's time to bring down the average cost per player and get people playing again.
Unfortunately you awesome sig was to much of a resource hog on others. Thanks for understading.
branmaaan12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote branmaaan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:30pm
-no slip paintball shoes. iv'e climbed stairs and ran down hallways and slipped because of the paint on the floor.
-paint thrower. fun to use and stuff.
-paint knife. of all the times iv'e chosen to use the courtesy rule when i flanked them. they would reject it and shoot me at point blank.
branmaaan12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote branmaaan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 10:34pm
oh and paintball blow guns. quiet and accurate. fits to a special mask.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2010 at 12:08am
^^^ You don't have to double-post; you can edit in the post options menu at the upper-right corner of your post.  Also, regarding your ideas, read the first three or so posts on the first page of this thread.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 3:23am
Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

I made this to let the newbs to the site know that there are certain ideas that are over-used and have been done.

To the Newbies:
There are certain ideas that will get you flamed and ridiculed.

These topics are:
Paintball Flame-throwers or paint-throwers
Paintball Shotguns
Rifled barrels
Paintball Minigun or chaingun
Paintball Missiles
Paint-knifes and bayonets
Silencers and supressors
Bullet / Football-shaped paintballs
Tippmann Pistols

THE HELLHOUND IS NOT FOR SALE
THERE ARE ALSO NO PLANS FOR SALE
QUIT ASKING

Please use the Search feature to see if your revolutionary new idea was thought of by someone else before you concieved it.

Live long, and post inteligently
Lol, this post should be taken down as most of those things are common place now or at least possible
www.TexasPumpAndPistolGame.com
www.pettyPb.com

MCB:Chickun
WolfG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:43pm

I would feel like a Ghostbuster, but this would be awesome!
See you on the field!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 10:33am
^^^ Who ya gonna call?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic