Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uber Ideas, A Useful Guide, Please Read!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Afghanistan Five-Oh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRL15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uber Ideas, A Useful Guide, Please Read!
    Posted: 13 December 2003 at 3:38pm

To clear up the proliferation Stickies in this Thread, we will consolidate them, as has been done in the other Forums.

Authors of Posts in this Thread, are expected to Edit them as needed, to keep them up to date.

Uninvited Posts may be Deleted from this Thread.

Edited by KRL15
That which does not kill you often makes you stronger.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2003 at 9:57pm
Hey Everybody! I've been working on this all afternoon so please read this list of ideas that have already been done to avoid spamming of ideas. So here goes and please enjoy. Also, if you can't find an idea here please use the search button. If you still can't find it RESEARCH IT! And if the idea seems plausible then by all means post it.

3/03/11- After years of neglect I've actually updated this post!
2/28/12- Update

ORDNANCE

PAINT THROWERS-

X Inventions.com Design

The Uber Soaker

(good luck getting the money for paint for one though)

GRENADE LAUNCHERS-

Metadyne HAVOC Launcher

Rusty's Paintball Gear

SHOULDER FIRED BAZOOKA-

Alias MKX Launcher

CANNON-

looking for a cannon that is actually...a cannon, not a bazooka

Here's something to think about though... >:D

MORTAR-

Maybe the Above Link, but scaled down further?

LANDMINE-

RAP4 P.A.L. Mine

CLAYMORE MINE-

BURIED MINE-

M80 Land Mine

REMOTE DETONATED MINE-

Master Mine

PROXIMITY MINE-

Po Man's Paintball Proxy Mine

WEIRD, MILSIM, & SCENARIO MARKERS-

SHOTGUNS-

DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN PROTOTYPE

GOBLIN DOUBLE & SINGLE BARREL

(Just Grab some 6mm Paintballs and the BuckShot Shells and you've got a semi effective, mostly cool looking, double barrel sawed off shotgun!)

BOLT ACTION RIFLES-

Pukin' Dog's CGW

Engler Customs Mauser 98K

GATLING GUNS-

COLLEGE PROJECT PROTOTYPE

TANKS-

ARMORED FIST PAINTBALL

WARPiG TANK TALK FORUM

GADGETS-

HEADS UP DISPLAY-

Lost in the Sand of Time

-And Just For Lolz...

-More Lolz...

-CQW FT1337W!

It's been years since I've updated this post, I've replaced some of the dead links with their newer counterparts and'm currently trying to find replacements for some of the cooler devices I came across.

Update 2/28/12- Snipa6 was kind enough to give me a new link for the po man's proxy mine. Thanks chief!

Edited by CHiKUN PiMP - 28 February 2012 at 12:21pm
www.TexasPumpAndPistolGame.com
www.pettyPb.com

MCB:Chickun
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2003 at 1:26am
I made this to let the newbs to the site know that there are certain ideas that are over-used and have been done.

To the Newbies:
There are certain ideas that will get you flamed and ridiculed.

These topics are:
Paintball Flame-throwers or paint-throwers
Paintball Shotguns
Rifled barrels
Paintball Minigun or chaingun
Paintball Missiles
Paint-knifes and bayonets
Silencers and supressors
Bullet / Football-shaped paintballs
Tippmann Pistols

THE HELLHOUND IS NOT FOR SALE
THERE ARE ALSO NO PLANS FOR SALE
QUIT ASKING

Please use the Search feature to see if your revolutionary new idea was thought of by someone else before you concieved it.

Live long, and post inteligently

Edited by warmonger83
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2003 at 12:01am
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2004 at 9:21pm
Directions for making your Ghillie Suit

I have found great instructions on making your own Ghillie Suit at home at Ghillie Suits.

If you follow it step-by-step you will have a top-of-the-line Ghillie Suit for around $100. It will take around 20 hours of work(according to the site, i have found mine has taken more, although i did not use the instructions from this site the first time).

I have also found great instructions at:http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/. I have used these instructions and found them to be very useful and detailed.

If this is not worthy of being in here mods plz delete it. I in no way want to fill this thread with stuff nobody cares about.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2004 at 7:27am
Example of what is an idea:
!!!!!New Speedball Design!!!!

And what isn't an idea:
i have a question about barrels

Example of an over-posted "idea":
flamethrower

Example of what doesn't belong...anywhere:
A new revolutionary IDEA
Bunker_Attack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunker_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2004 at 4:17pm

Search before you ask a question in the forums
Read gun ( A-5, 98 Custom, Model 98, & Pro carb.) stats before you ask anything about them.
Tippmann will never make a paintball hand gun, or an Sl-68 III.
If you are wondering about what to add to your gun next, Post in the "Upgrades and Customization" Topic Starter.
If you have a new Idea that you have thought of, and would like to share it with the forum, post it in the "Paintball Ideas" Topic Starter.
If you are new to the forum, and are not really sure on anything, Post in the "New Player Forum" Topic Starter
Please: The marker gallery is meant for posting your gun, or gun you have created on Photoshop,Illustrator, or Paint.
Please don't post in the gallery if you do not have a picture of a paintball marker.
You cannot post your marker right off of your Desktop, you will have to get it hosted.

If you dont know how to post your gun here are some sites that will host for you:
www.hunt101.com
www.tippmannchat.net
http://www.mypicgallery.com/
www.fileshack.us

I would say www.tippmannchat.net is the best for hosting.
Thanks for reading my post, I hope you liked it.

Joey

Edited by Bunker_Attack
Master_Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2004 at 4:54pm

If you dont want to make your own ghillie suit get one from

http://www.bushrag.com/ They have cheap prices compared to other websites .

If you hear it I missed
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2004 at 5:54am

I hacked off another sticky and moved the woodsball bunker thread into here.

Originally posted by Psycho5785 Psycho5785 wrote:

First let me state that I did get a mod's permission to sticky this.

I have read several posts recently asking how to build woodsball bunkers. I build most of my own bunkers, and so I thought I might try to help.

The easiest kind to make, with natural materials, is a simple stacked line log bunker. The logs are laid down two or three beside each other, and logs are placed on top of them, parallel to the ones below. The result is a long, low bunker. (Unless built very high, but this requires a lot of logs and can collapse when too much pressure is put on the bottom.) The resulting bunker often looks like this (nevermind the target on the left side)

[/url]

This bunker has it's advantages and disadvantages. It is very, very sturdy (again, when not too high), and no paintball is going to be able to make it through the logs unless firing gaps are left there intentionally, as I have. The disadvantage is that you have to be very low to get behind it, usually lying down. It is also vulnerable to being flanked.

Another kind of log bunker is a "V" bunker, my personal favorite. Take one log, and lay it on the ground. Take another log, and lay it down perpendicular to the first one, with one end slightly overlapping. Take log #3, stack it directly above log #1. Take log #4, and stack it directly above log #2. Repeat until desired height is achieved. The result should look like this from behind:

[/url]

The bunker is fairly sturdy, and can be assembled and taken down very quickly. Now your "V" bunker is built. But if you look at it, you will see that it has a bunch of gaps in between the logs. You can play with it like this for added challenge, but paintballs WILL make it through those gaps if they are not sealed. To seal the gaps, either stand up small sticks in front of the bunker along its sides until the gaps are covered, or just wedge the sticks in the gaps themselves. In the end, you may just want to take whatever you can find and put it in front of the bunkers. Just pile stuff up in front of it, and the front may end up looking like this:

[/url]

Not the prettiest thing, but not many paintballs are going to get through there.

There is another version similar to the "V" bunker, but much bigger. it is the same principle, but with another row facing forward, so instead of this- \/ you end up with this- \_/. It will look like this from behind:

[/url]

The front layer is very open, so you can use the same sealing methods that you used for the "V" bunkers. I, however, laid logs at an angle on the top front piece (it will look like a ramp), and then laid cover down on that, like so:

[/url]

As a result, not a single paintball is going to get past there. It will look like this from the front:

[/url]

If you are playing with a group, be careful about getting too many people behind a bunker. A well-placed paint grenade will work wonders on you and all your teammates.

You can get logs like this from construction sites (Ask one of the workers if you can look in those big trash bins they have), but DO NOT TRESPASS. Any logs you find out in the woods will do, particularly if you chop your own firewood every year.

Remember, you can use just about anything for cover. For more permanent cover, try one of these. Play on!

?

Longshot789 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longshot789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 9:06pm
Be sure to check out my site
Paintball Grenade Launcher
or ghetto M203

Ok This little guy ripps.  At 90 psi it'll shoot a custom made bouncing betty paint grenade at 100 fps.  100psi about 120 fps.  It is rated to 260.  I would never go above 150 with the neoprene diaphragm material.  For the basic cannon here are the plans
"M203" a la paint
diaphragm detail
here are some pictures of the rest of the cannon that are good for
complete

pre-paint

barrel and such

again pre-paint

end of gun, fill/trigger

prepaint, shows individual components better

Inner barrel opening, notice how it is lined up a little past the start of the threads so the neoprene has a minimal gap from barrel end to plug end

diaphragm in, notice imperfection, this allows equalization with the main chamber during charging and a smooth travel when trigger, as to not fit tightly against the threads

the diaphragm

The plug tapped for the fill/triggering assembly

with diaphragm to show diameter that diaphram is cut to, must still cover the rim of the plug but doesn't need much more diameter to it.

Ok that's it.  I love this thing.  You can think up your own ways to mount it. I will update once i figure out my mount. 
Please don't flame me and say, this is not safe, it's merely an idea.  It doesn't have to be used, I come from a heavy firearm backround and am a real safety anal guy.  So don't worry i haven't even shot anyone  with it yet.  And you better hope i never do cuz you'll be out.
Thanks for your time, hope this fits in the sticky!
questions concerns:pm me or IM me.  Pleez i'm happy to answer.
Be sure to check out my site for answers and help

Edited by Longshot789 - 10 February 2006 at 10:11pm
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2004 at 1:50am
Please, people, this is NOT the forum to ask what barrel to get, or what drop, or any questions about the flatline, or certain guns, etc. This is a forum for IDEAS. Can't you tell by the name of the forum that only IDEAS belong here? Do you realize that there are OTHER FORUMS besides the Ideas forum?

THIS is the forum where you can ask for tips for starting out in paintball, not the IDEAS forum:
New Players Forum

This is the forum for pictures of your guns/other paintball related things:
Marker Gallery

OK, this is the forum we're in now, for IDEAS ONLY. If you don't have an idea, DON'T POST THREADS HERE.
Paintball Ideas

This forum is for any thread about upcoming tourneys, scenarios, gatherings, field openings, etc.:
Upcoming Events

This is essentially the forum for non-paintball related topics(non-paintball DOES NOT MEAN SPAM):
Thoughts and Opinions

If you have to read this, then you can't post in this forum anyway.
Tippmann Regulars

The name says it all...
Which Gun is Best

THIS is where your questions about barrels, drops, etc. belong, and I believe there are already extensive sticky topics on these subjects there:
Upgrades and Customizing

Having problems with your gun? Go here:
Gun Maintenance and Repair

Any technical info you need STRAIGHT from the Engineers at TPI (thanks to Tippmann Tech) is right here(nothing as of yet though):
Tippmann Technical Info

Please, people, READ THIS. Don't take up any more space on this forum with off-topic threads.
RaNgEr_Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaNgEr_Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 9:03pm
Ferret's Guide to Squadbusters

For all of you who just can't get your squadbusters to work, here is a little guide to help you out. First off, after you open the squadbuster case (If you even can open it
) remove the mesh from the grenade. It prevents the thing from spinning after it detonates. Just before you throw it, shake it for about 15 - 20 seconds, then pull the pin. Now, gently squize the red cap. Finally, you can throw it, YAY! but make sure you lob the thing high up in the air and not throw it like a baseball, or else, it may not go off and the enemy will end up throwing it back at you. If, for some reason, it still doesn't detonate, move as fast and far as you can. The enemy will probably try to throw it back where it came from. Hope this guide helps some of you, and happy nading!
Watch out! Flying Barrel Plugs!

Ferrets rock!
kid145 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kid145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:13pm

i know i know no tippmann pistols.....BUT IT WOULD BE SWEET!!!!!

like....a flatline built ruite in and cyclone with a micro cap...dont think u guys know wut that is...

it would be like and uber a-98 pistol kicker!!!

yeah....

that would be sweet....

ok next idea

m98(not custom) limited edition kameleon color

flatline

stock

spyder xtra
MKB98C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MKB98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 1:24am
Paint thrower idea

I will have pictures coming soon if possible. For now i will describe it.
You must have a harness capable of holding 2 pods and a tank. a good harness for this is a harness that holds ONLY 2 pods and a tank. the tank will be c02, compressed air, or whatever you are using as a source. A remote line will connect the tank to 2 tubes of paint (you can make paint by purchasing some Venom paint packets from Specialopspaintball.com-just add water!) which are sealed, and connected. on one of the tubes there will be a hose that has a nozzle on the end for the spray of paint. youre gona need a really big air tank. and it will be more complicated than this probably. i'll do a quick diagram in ascii art. lol.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[}--------{||||||||||}---{|||||||||}======== ====>~
^^^Tank      ^remote   ^Tube 1   ^connector ^tube 2    ^Paint spray tube
this is basically the whole thing laid out straight. i'll pencil a diagram or do one in photoshop or paint or something later. right now i just have a laptop with touch pad so....
happiness is a warm gun
Spec Ops Paintball member 31942
if your looking for a job you can get one there too, you can design guns and stuff
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 5:12pm

Ok, I’ve just started constructing a tank, as in the ones on wheels that go boom boom, but I have a little problem when it comes to the boom boom, a tank is nothing without the big, what do you call it, the huge gun that rotates, I got a glimpse of that grenade launcher

all the ones I’ve seen are just PVC pipe and valves and what not, and I was thinking… how the hell do you put together one of those beasts, and you seld custom grenades, how do you do that?

raflexjrsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflexjrsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

Example of what is an idea:
!!!!!New Speedball Design!!!!

And what isn't an idea:
i have a question about barrels

Example of an over-posted "idea":
flamethrower

links do not work

Example of what doesn't belong...anywhere:
A new revolutionary IDEA
raflexjrsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflexjrsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2006 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

I made this to let the newbs to the site know that there are certain ideas that are over-used and have been done.

To the Newbies:
There are certain ideas that will get you flamed and ridiculed.

These topics are:
Paintball Flame-throwers or paint-throwers
Paintball Shotguns
Rifled barrels
Paintball Minigun or chaingun
Paintball Missiles
Paint-knifes and bayonets
Silencers and supressors
Bullet / Football-shaped paintballs
Tippmann Pistols

THE HELLHOUND IS NOT FOR SALE
THERE ARE ALSO NO PLANS FOR SALE
QUIT ASKING

Please use the Search feature to see if your revolutionary new idea was thought of by someone else before you concieved it.

Live long, and post inteligently

the search feature doesn't works
quiet riot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quiet riot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 9:08am

1. they allready make cannons I have one

2.grande luncher made

3.Mines they make them 2

4.Gatling Gun make em for 4 weeliers and golfcarts

5.shot gun make them to

6. Claymore make them to or trip wiers

7. flame througher well it could kill some one

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are the 2% that are normal, put this in your sig.

Zer0 K@y View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zer0 K@y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:53pm

They make rifled barrels too.

tearsuvscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tearsuvscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 5:08pm
Hello, myself and a group of my friends recently attended the World's Largest Paintball event Oklahoma D-Day, which I'm sure most of you have heard about. I have recently requested with the official cordinators of Oklahoma D-Day that me and my friends may built a large paintball platform that will replicate a large anti-gun. We have decided that we want our platform to have at least two markers, more likely four. We were wondering if Tippmann would be willing to sponsor our efforts so that the 4,000 paintballers will see only the finest paintball products in the finest paintball machine. If I have posted this in the worng section please alert me as to where to post it, or who to talk to in order to find out if Tippmann would like to sponsor us. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic