Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stuff not to post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stuff not to post
    Posted: 21 March 2004 at 7:09pm

since i've seen a lot of this stuff popping up lately i decided to make this post to make these people shut up  this is from the uber ideas thread that nobody seems to want to read;

Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

I made this to let the newbs to the site know that there are certain ideas that are over-used and have been done.

To the Newbies:
There are certain topics that will get you flamed and ridiculed.

These topics are:
Paintball Flame-throwers or paint-throwers
Paintball Shotguns
Rifled barrels
Paintball Minigun or chaingun
Paintball Missiles
Paint-knifes and bayonets
Silencers and supressors
Bullet / Football-shaped paintballs
Tippmann Pistols

THE HELLHOUND IS NOT FOR SALE
THERE ARE ALSO NO PLANS FOR SALE
QUIT ASKING

Please use the Search feature to see if your revolutionary new idea was thought of by someone else before you concieved it.

Live long, and post inteligently

please don't post these ideas nobody wants them

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2004 at 7:12pm
I dont think this is needed, they will still think they have an "original" or "new" idea for something that comes up to often (I.E - There must be over 20 different idea's for "paintknifes"). 
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2004 at 7:15pm
just hoping it will make some sort of impact. if enough people tell me to unsticky it i will

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2004 at 7:36pm
I dont feel this is needed. People should look at the stickys first before they post but obviously they dont when the topic keeps coming up. I guess its just too much to read.

Also with a post like that where you list stuff not to post it just gives them an idea about it and they feel it needs to be posted.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2004 at 8:59pm
I think the newbies need to know this information but sadly they'll probably ignore this even though it's a sticky. If they don't see the other 3 threads identical to the one they just started even though they're on the first page, I doubt they'll see this sticky. I'm glad you're trying to put an end to the spam but sadly I don't think it's gonna work. However, I think it should be allowed to stay a sticky for a while just to see if it has an effect. If the posts don't die down then we can take it away.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2004 at 2:57pm

Sticky or no sticky, this stuff will continue to be posted, no matter how much you complain about it.

I'm going to unsticky this, because it's our duty to answer questions, not thwart someone from asking them in the first place.

?

imtheonlylp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imtheonlylp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2004 at 9:36pm

:: cuts the sticky with my paint knife ::

Psycho5785 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psycho5785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2004 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by imtheonlylp imtheonlylp wrote:

:: cuts the sticky with my paint knife ::

Thats pretty good.

The things they post are, after all, ideas. If they're new to the forum, they don't know how frustrating it is to see the ideas over and over again. They're new, so they haven't seen them before.

War Machine Paintball

Standing up for newbies everywhere! We were all newbies once.
copperhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copperhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2004 at 10:46am
If you don't like someones idea don't post a reply.
the person should get the hint when their Uber paint
knife idea is three pages back 1 day later with 0
replies. Responding only keeps it on the front page
so everyone has to look at it all day every day.
If you think an idea might get some one hurt or killed
then say so, but really only one person needs to say
it. I love it when a post is followed by ten other
people saying "I agree "
New to the Forum. Not new to the game.
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:02pm

This post should be brought back from the Dead. I think I'll push the post button.See its alive

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:20pm
its nice to see somone actually read my contribution to the FAQ... the only thing on the list ive seen reciently is a tippmann pistol so its not really that big of a deal

im more concerned with all the "out of place" posts that ive been signaling
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic