Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Homemade cyclone feed!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:33am
There is a pic somewhere of Dennis with a cyclone on a 98. I remember first hearing about the cyclone system, and I swear I heard it was for the 98, but they put it on the A5.

Go for it.
ms2013 View Drop Down
Strike 1: Political campaigning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 11:31am
have fun chopping paint. the cyclone works only because it rotates only when fired. exactly when fired. if you can do that, and get it spin once, for whatever the rotation is, good job.

john.

Edited by ms2013
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
M-1 Garande Automag 18 AA
98C RT Thompson w/ Drum mag
A5 MP5, Egrip, Armson Phantom,Stock, 12gr
98C RT HK33 Flatline

UTTER DESTRUCTION OF QUIXTAR!
SPtippmann98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SPtippmann98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 12:11pm

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/tipp_force /index.shtml

there its is how they hooked up the gas is where the little nub is where you would hook up the hose line for the response trigger

have fun they wont get mads unless u make money off it

oh yeh u dont need to make a homemade one u can find a new cyclone in classifieds cause some people that bought a-5s early in production bought a better cyclone that keeps up better

on a personal note I BROKE 100

Edited by SPtippmann98
spyderjunke View Drop Down
You heard me: Spyder = junke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyderjunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:04pm
do it  and post pics i got to see this 

I rock to my own beat
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 1:18pm
See, I was right, pic of dennis, and prototype for the 98:
smorgasborad View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam. Indecent Link (F27)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smorgasborad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2004 at 11:39am
ya i say if u can make it make it. I dont think Tippmann would really care.
A-5
Dye Excel Barrel
polished interiors
Smart Parts Flame Drop Forward
Pen Spring Mod
trigger upgrade
thats it for now
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2004 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ms2013 ms2013 wrote:

have fun chopping paint. the cyclone works only because it rotates only when fired. exactly when fired. if you can do that, and get it spin once, for whatever the rotation is, good job.

john.

Actually the cyclone spins when the bolt retracts. And it doesnt need to be exact. The sprockets rotate by spring power, not by air. The air pushes the ratchet in place, then when the gas is let off, the spring return rotates the sprockets.

Wouldnt chop if you made it wrong at all. Does your a5 chop when you push the manual feed plunger when the bolt is closed? No, it just puts a bit of pressure on the ball, and finishes rotating when the bolt clears.

And to the dude that said the cyclone patent only covers blowback power, try again. If you look up the patent number on the bottom of the cyclone, you get the patent for the factory f/a, which used spring power.

Edited by Enos Shenk
Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2004 at 6:43pm
it wouldnt really be too hard if you had just the loader. you could drill a tap into the valve and hook it up to the feeder hole thingy.

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
bigmike102 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2004 at 7:37am

i would buy it...

have fun and post pics if successful.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2004 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Uhm you dont infringe a patent by just building one for yourself. You just cant profit off it.

Have at it.

On top of that Tippmann's Cyclone Feed isn't motorized.
cockchafer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cockchafer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2004 at 9:54pm
i think you should try it. would be really cool if made.
a-5
polished internals
Tippmann Werks Barrel
CP flame drop foward
gta double trigger
pen spring mod
dtfastj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtfastj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Super NEWB Super NEWB wrote:

it wouldnt really be too hard if you had just the loader. you could drill a tap into the valve and hook it up to the feeder hole thingy.
You wouldn't need to drill and tap the valve.  Just buy the RT valve and connect accordingly.  I shouldn't chop at all since it should work just like the A-5.
A-5 RT$380
Double Trigger$29.95
Flatline$149.95
16in All American$75
WGP 70ci 45 CarbonFiber$200
ETC = $1026.75
Whomping newbies who have Markers that cost more than my entire setup...PRICELESS
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2004 at 8:28pm

you could just get a halo or something and cut it up so it drops the balls directly into the chamber.

>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 12:30am
Well a simple well atleast sorta simple buy the x or y board put that below everything and make that spin the paddles and have a normal hopper.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 10:32am
i dont see y tippmann would be mad at u....u might just inspire them to actually make a cyclone feed for the 98c....that would be great for a lot of people.....
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 2:33pm
Try it

Ashran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 5:56pm
Ya, I can see a cyclone with the bars off, in an angel over the feed actually working.
2k4 Viking
SCM, MM
JMJ roller trigger
WAS 1.6 WAS eyes, WAS switch
Dye Minidrop
CP on/off
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 7:11pm
I have a phrase i want you to remember, Retro-Fit. I am currently undertaking a project that involves adding an A-5 Cyclone to a procarbine w/ R/t. Its pretty interesting.
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2004 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by Sarge14 Sarge14 wrote:

I have a phrase i want you to remember, Retro-Fit. I am currently undertaking a project that involves adding an A-5 Cyclone to a procarbine w/ R/t. Its pretty interesting.

Share the wealth man....I wanna see it when yer done.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2004 at 1:16pm
I plan to find a way to get a cyclone on my 98c whenever I have the time and money to do it. I'll probably just butcher a 98c elbow and add the important parts onto an A5 cyclone so it can attach just like the old elbow. Then I'll get an RT powertube so I can run the gas line out the side. I'll have to buy the right half of an A5 body for that little arm that comes off though. I have to cut that off and attach it to the cyclone. Without that little arm, the paint will just spin in the cyclone and will never get pushed into the gun. I'll be sure to post something here if I manage to make it happen.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic