Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stalingrad Scenario Game (Skirmish PA)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stalingrad Scenario Game (Skirmish PA)
    Posted: 04 January 2005 at 8:58pm

Theres a scenario game of the battle of Stalingrad coming up in march at Skirmish USA in Jim Thorpe PA. the 8 hour event will take place on March 12th, but registration is due feb 21, so dont take your time to register! it will be my first scenario game, and i will be on the German side in full uniform as well as two friends. anyone interested or planning to go? i hope to see some of you guys there in march.

more info- http://www.skirmish.com/scenario.html#stalingrad

Edited by triggerhappy1
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2005 at 10:47pm

only 8 hours...

well for a first one thats ok but see if you can get in on a 26 hour or go to d-day then you will know what a senario truly is.

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2005 at 2:48pm

i dont want to start my scenario "career" with a long event like that. i guess a short one will be good experiance for me. 26 hours is a long time, but that really sounds like fun.

Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2005 at 5:32pm

there is nothing like it out there.

it the most fun i have ever had with my pants on

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
PISTOL_WRAITH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISTOL_WRAITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2005 at 8:33pm

The team that I play on will be there. That is about 40+ players, if everyone shows.(Team P.P.O.N.T.I. = Paintball Players Of No Tactical Importance)

See you there

Take the challenge, try to make 200 paintballs last for 8 or more hours(other than not shooting).
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 11:53am
I'm going to be thier also it will be my first scenario game and my first time to Skirmish....hope to see u all thier and shoot the guy with the Nazi uniform
SchoolU101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 6:56am
I'll be there on the Russian side (in Uniform) w/ a bunch of my friends + family.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:14pm

does anyone know what fields its going to be played on? and what side holds the city?

paintballdude23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballdude23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 1:26pm
German side holds the city, if this is after they captured it from Russia. The biggest part was when Russia re-claimed it. It would make more sence to make it when Germans hold the city.

Edited by paintballdude23
My Setup:
-Black 98 Custom
-16oz CO2 Tank
-32 Degrees Remote Line
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:56pm
are the teams going to be split evenly? i dont want to be one of 150 germans vs 600 russians, i dont care about historical accuracy, but thats just not fair. i havent found a single person on here, pbnation, or anywhere (about 100 total) thats going to be a german.
-2gd4u- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -2gd4u- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 5:40pm
after how poorly they ran d-day i will never go back there, over priced, poor reffing, dont care about safety only making money, dont waste ur time at skirmish.
What could possibly go wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2005 at 7:12pm
I think that the Russians will be holding the city. Paintballdude23 is right, it would make more sense to do it after the Germans took it, but I think I remember hearing somewhere that the Russians would be on the defensive. But maybe my memory is just bad.

When it comes to making money, Skirmish has their stuff together. Beyond that all bets are off. However, I continue to go because I always manage to have an AWSOME time. But it would be really nice if the would get the reffing under control. The problem is that there are just too many people to watch when the feilds are so HUGE. it would take aprox 600 refs to adequately ref a D-Day game. They could definately afford it, but they choose not to.

Thinking about it makes me mad. I'm gonna write Chuck Stoner am email right now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 1:38pm
I just got one of those flyers in the mail from Skirmish. It says "Siege of Stalingrad: 2 Castles + 3 Vilages, 8hrs of Play, Missions every 15 mins, Lighted fields, Props, Raffle, Costume prizes."

So, it's gonna be played on the same fields as the Castle Keep games, which is what I expected/AWSOME. One of those 2 castles is the Tippmann Castle which is FREAKIN HUGE!

The villages are sweet too.

I hope I can win something from the costume prizes.

Oh, and there's something else...

"Just let me say this, the past weekend was the most enjoyable scenario game I've ever been to! The game play was outstanding, the refs were good beyond all previous games and the set up was the BEST! Don't stop the progress on being the best field in the nation! ROCK ON!"
~ Tom B., Operations Officer, Team American Anthem

That's also on the Stalingrad flyer. I don't know what game it's in refference to, but it gives me hope. They are getting better.

Oh, and the "Missions every 15mins" sounds like a big improvement aswell.

Edited by SchoolU101
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 3:36pm

i just called Skirmish with a few questions. she said so far there were 19 russians, and i think 16 germans registered. but theres a lot that reserved a spot. i asked if the teams were split up fairly, and she said theres so many russians and not many germans and they cant tell if they will be fair yet.  so which side will be attacking the castle?

so im pretty sure im going to be a german since theres a shortness of them, and i enjoy a challenge. "Got to bring the Russian Bear to his knees!"

Edited by triggerhappy1
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:25am
i wish there were more 24 hour battles around. It would entice me to travel.
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 9:18pm
Oh man, this is the first I've heard about this. I'm definatly going and I'm definatly gonna be a russian!
98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 9:41pm
whys everybody being a russian? the russians killed more civilians than the germans, and commis are just worse. whatever, im being german, and were very underestimated. youll see...
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 8:07am

No, see the Germans killed civilians (Jews, Slavs, Russians, Handicapped, Homosexuals, etc.) The Russians just killed soldiers that tried to retreat (cowards) and traitors to the state (Cossacks). I mean, it wasn't their finest hour, but still...

And to answer your question, the Russians were protecting their homeland after the Hitler and the Germans invaded. Without the eastern front and a victory at Stalingrad, its quite possible the Germans would have won the war. Since I come from Russian heritage, I feel its only right that I play as a Russian.

Plus, its just a game

98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 4:35pm

email sent to me from skirmish The Russians will be holding Stalingrad.  Based on numbers,  we are
expecting it to be similar to last year...between 600 and 800 players.
The fields we will be using for Stalingrad will be:  The Pentagon, Gauntlet, Airfield, Dye Castle, Tippmann Castle, Bobcat, H.O.D., Shadow, Fox, Bandito, Brookside, Firebase, Alamo, and Fort Skirmish.

that should asnswer some questions about the game

MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 11:53pm

Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

Based on numbers,  we are
expecting it to be similar to last year...between 600 and 800 players.
The fields we will be using for Stalingrad will be:  The Pentagon, Gauntlet, Airfield, Dye Castle, Tippmann Castle, Bobcat, H.O.D., Shadow, Fox, Bandito, Brookside, Firebase, Alamo, and Fort Skirmish.

In other words, freaking awesome!!

98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic