Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Cyclone blender issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Cyclone blender issue
    Posted: 07 January 2007 at 2:47am
I have a Tippmann X7 that I bought when it first came out ...it's serial number is 160. I've taken it to several games now and the cyclone hopper chews paint up like a blender. I've tried 3 different kinds of paints and two different barrels as well as took the cyclone apart and made sure that the parts were working correctly. I still had the issue. I was out playing today and after a game, the ratchet broke! On a brand new gun! I replaced it and I still had the blender issue. Any thoughts or ideas on what I can check or do??? This is a brand new gun so it shouldn't be having these issues.
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 9:48am
Customer Service
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:13pm

Vortex Mod :)

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:50pm

Its probably broken/defective like shadowminion said, Customer Service!

thuwindu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thuwindu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 12:01pm

yeah i'm having the same problem with my new X7 destroying balls.  every other ball was just sheared in half.

i tried 4 different types of balls.  yes i know they are all from the same manufacturer, but if i gotta get a new distributor just for the X7 i'll stop carrying the X7's.  the brands were all-star, premium, rampage and stinger.  none of them would shoot more than once or twice without the next one chopping.  this is even after barrel cleaning and changing.  this was even tested at a rate of about 1 shot per second with no better success.  it seems to do best with a 4 inch barrel and still shot straight.  unfortunately it was like shooting mustard. 

i understand the temperature was around 50 degrees so im going to go with that being the problem cause i know the balls were fresh.  i also turned down the velocity and tried different barrels. 

I didnt even take a back up gun cause i had such high hopes for the gun working and had to go home early.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 1:13pm
is the marker actually chopping the rounds (is the paint all over the bolt and in the cyclone feed?) or are they breaking in the barrel? If they are chopping, then it is a timing issue with the cyclone feed and the bolt movement. Possibly a bad ratchet.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 2:24pm
There have been reports of early X-7s having a problem with the hammer not catching properly, resulting in multi-fire and chops.  This can be fixed with replacement parts.  As suggested, make sure that this is really a Cyclone problem, and not a breech chop issue.
telder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 5:55pm
It may very well be a breech chop issue but there seems to be more paint in the cyclone itself than the bolt/breech area. After shooting several shots it's like you are shooting goop out of the end of the gun. I think tha this should have been addressed in manufacturing before the marker was released and they should have someone address this here.
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 7:02pm
new hopper?
what?
telder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 11:17pm

Unfortunately a new hopper won't fix this. I sent this info to Tippmann support and got the following answer..

NOT REAL SURE WHAT IS CAUSEING THIS BUT USUALLY THE THINGS THAT CAN CAUSE THIS ARE THE BARREL[BURRS], THE CYCLONE PUSHING TO HARD [TOO MUCH AIR PRESSURE] OR THE BALLS THEMSELVES.

Tippmann Sports

Service Dept.

2955 Adams Center Rd.

Ft, Wayne IN. 46803

1-800-533-4831

1-260-749-6022

Doesn't sound like they know what's happening with their own marker.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 11:40pm

he typed in all caps?

i'm calling schens on that post.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
TIPPY98ACT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:45am
Why would you buy any product that was just released? It is always going to have some issues that need to be worked out.

Edited by TIPPY98ACT - 09 January 2007 at 10:42am
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 3:13pm
straight from tippmann's tech support, try backing out the cyclone's center screw just a hair to free up the feeder a bit. There apparently is a feeling that it might be an issue of the cyclone feeder being secured too tightly (which may explain the stripping of the ratchet) That is the only suggestion they've got at the moment aside from sending it in.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

straight from tippmann's tech support, try backing out the cyclone's center screw just a hair to free up the feeder a bit. There apparently is a feeling that it might be an issue of the cyclone feeder being secured too tightly (which may explain the stripping of the ratchet) That is the only suggestion they've got at the moment aside from sending it in.

I have seen this happen with A-5s with too long of a screw.

My serial number 4XX gun shoots just fine.

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
telder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 3:05am
I already backed the screw out and it's definitely not the paddles being secured too well. I ordered the vortex mod kit for it so that the cyclone internals are better and I might go ahead and get a better power tube as well since I play quite a bit in cold weather, other then that the only thing I can think of is that there isn't enough air getting to the cyclone to cycle it fast enough or in time with the marker.
xOffMyMedsx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xOffMyMedsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 10:24pm
I am having the same problem. Serial # 0000114 . It was around 45 degrees outside. I have shot Blaze, Chronic, Midnight and cheap rec paint. All the same. About 10 shots before it would chop. Most of the paint was in the cyclone itself. Took it back and the guy didn't want to exchange it for the last one on the wall. Called Tippmann and they wanted me to send it in. Got it for christmas and can't even use it. What a pitty.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by xOffMyMedsx xOffMyMedsx wrote:

I am having the same problem. Serial # 0000114 . It was around 45 degrees outside. I have shot Blaze, Chronic, Midnight and cheap rec paint. All the same. About 10 shots before it would chop. Most of the paint was in the cyclone itself. Took it back and the guy didn't want to exchange it for the last one on the wall. Called Tippmann and they wanted me to send it in. Got it for christmas and can't even use it. What a pitty.

Did you try backing up the Cyclone Screw a bit? I have ran about 400 rds through mine and so far so good. Are you leaving any paint after the breaks ?

Sorry to hear about your Gun woes man. Tippmann is very promptly on getting the guns back out in Time.
Santry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 10:40pm
I seem to be having the same problem with my new a-5 ...Few rounds then splating paint out....Ended up greanading the paddle in the gear part underneath....Swapped it out for some new one thats kinda flexable and its still doin it...When I emptied the hopper out the hopper and were it meets the body were covered. I thought i was my flatline but i put stock barrel and a 14 in smart part on it and its still doing it..Talk about a pain in the ass in the middle of a game
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 8:12am
Hey guys look at the piston U-Cup O-ring. Look for tears and scratches.This may be the issue.

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
Santry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 5:23pm

Do you think it could be the ball detent getting cold and hardening up? It was about 40 when I played and was having the problem. I was using good winter paint..I shot polar ice, ramp blizzard, and an evil winter blend..All having the same issue with my gun and my buddies brand new x7...I mean others were having break issues but nothing like the every 5-6th ball comming out as soup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic