Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is the DM5 the gun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is the DM5 the gun?
    Posted: 25 January 2005 at 11:17pm

I am shopping for a new speedball gun. I am in Smart Parts territory so I'll have to travel to see the Dye line.  I don't know anybody that has one yet that I could try. If anybody does here, I want to know if it is actually all they claim. I've read up on them but I need the inside info. Actual BPS,Problems,Maint. hassels, ect..... Alternate is a Shocker which I am very familiar with.       Thanks

Edited by Liquid3
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 12:30am
Go for the DM4, save yourself some cash and get something thats just a tad heavier, but just as good. Then spend that money on a tadao 5 chip with musashi 3 and rip faces off. All you really have to do is lube it after every 2 cases or so, and it should be fine for a long time. Use Slick Honey for this.

Actual BPS (with musashi 3) = 22BPS+ if a loader can keep up.
Problems = Keep it lubed and you should be fine.
Maintenance = Lube it after 2 cases or so.
Hassels = Spending too much on paint.
///AMG What?
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 12:44am
Problem with that is I'm planning on having it until it dies ,so I wanted to get DM5 to get ahead of the game as much as possible. They say it does 23BPS stock and you know next year they'll have a board for it too. Money is not a prob.(big tax return) Everybody is saying it's smaller,lighter,faster, and smarter than the DM4. I just wanted the inside skinny on it.
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 12:31pm
IMO get a Sonic borg it will shot as fast as you can boards caped at 35bps. It's lighter (1.9pds),smaller, and more gas efficient. No upgrades needed it comes with the best already. I had a chance to shot a DM5 a couple weekend I was disipointed sp? It felf just like a dm4 it was only a tad bit smaller and lighter than a DM4 efficiency still sucked. The Sonic is also very easy to mantain you only need to lube it every 15-20 cases. I'm ot saying the DM5 sucks but look into the Sonic borg. Any questions about it let me know.
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 2:35pm
Dude that thing is $2000. Money isn't a big prob. but for that much money. Why don't I see more of them around. I just answered my question with that statement didn't I? There is nowhere even close to me that carries them. I won't buy without tring it. You can ship me your's to try out. I'll send it back, I promise 
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 2:37pm

$2000... not quite.

KH ARMY>you
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 2:51pm

So sell me on it guys.

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 3:06pm
I still say if youre looking at the DM's, the 4 is the way to go. My friend bought a 5 and he was wishing he saved the extra hundred and got the 4... The tadao with musashi chip is already out for the dm5, its the same software as the dm4's meaning it will shoot the same speed, which is still faster then you can pull the trigger.

Other guns to look into:
-Cyborg (stock is fine...)
-Egos
-05 Speeds
-Timmys (i would suggest staying away from them, but if you like the feel, then whatever...)
-Vikings or Excaliburs
-Predator 2'd angels
-Vision shockers (not as bad as people say but not my cup of tea)
///AMG What?
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 3:41pm
LOL it's not $2000 it's 1250. The reason you don't see too many Sonics around is because it's not a widly know marker which does not make it bad, people generaly want the marker every one else has Macdev has yet to hit it big in the US there more popular over in europe with pro team ignition using them. Macdev will make it big in the US it will just take time. It out preformes nearly marker at my field 2200+ shots off a 71/4500psi +3-3 over the chrono and it's not even broken in yet! First time using it no trigger adjustments I hit 17bps over the chrono. I can rip even faster with it now.The Stock barrel is great, Comes with a clamping feedneck,nice trigg, and alot other things. Where are you located? I could direct you to a macdev dealer. I'm like you I had to try it out before i got one I shot one at the world cup.
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 10:45pm
Thanks I will try and get my hands on one and check it out. Sorry about the price. I went back and saw it was euros $ not american $ .There site has a dealer link so I'll see who is around Ohio. Again, Thanks.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 11:15pm
If it was euros it would be a number LESS than the price in american dollars, not greater than.
///AMG What?
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:58pm

THERES ONLY ONE BAD THING ABOUT THE DM4/5.. theres this o ring on the back of the bolt that needs to be replaced almost every other time i play. pm me if you have any other questions

Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 6:52pm
I would go for the DM4. Save some money for the bottom line.
**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 10:12pm
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to add a Sonic Borg to the shopping list.
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 6:57am

you made the right choice

KH ARMY>you
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Fast Splat Fast Splat wrote:

I agree. The DM4 is cheaper and just as good as the DM5. There isn't really a HUGE difference between the two guns.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

Originally posted by Fast Splat Fast Splat wrote:

I agree. The DM4 is cheaper and just as good as the DM5. There isn't really a HUGE difference between the two guns.

I thought the same thing.. when i had a dm4. Then i shot the dm5 at the cup and i guess being a matrix owner i was wow`d. I aggree there isnt a HUGE difference but if you have the money go for the dm5, TO ME all those small changes did make it a better gun.

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 5:21pm
^^^Which is why I just bought one, inspite of people telling me save my money and get a DM4.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 9:06pm
I REALLY hope you got a good deal on it... How much did you spend? Over 1200 and you should have looked harder.
///AMG What?
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 5:49pm
$1225
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic