Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHomemade ghillie suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homemade ghillie suit
    Posted: 20 January 2008 at 11:44am
Im thinking about making a homemade ghillie suit out of fish net and burlap. I dont know any good techniques. I live in florida so im sure green and brownish burlap will do any good ideas!
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 12:43pm
You have fun with that, but be prepared to have an entire hopper unloaded on you when you get seen. Wanna be ghillie ub3r 1337 5n1p3rs normally get 30-100 rounds done their throat from normal players.
CobraA-5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 1:15pm
i dont always snipe just haveing a ghillie suit wood be nice when i play woodsball     illl have a less likely chance of geting a hopper unloaded on me when i have a ghillie suit

Edited by CobraA-5 - 20 January 2008 at 1:46pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:15pm
No, you have ten times the chance because ghillie suit are not designed for paintball. A ghillie suit used by a untrained person sticks out like a sore thumb. You can tell a ghillie suited player from a mile away. Because of this wanna be snipers get unloaded on, because they use the ghillie suits to cheat alot of the time by "not feeling the hits" Therefore most players will insure that you feel the hits by unloading a hopper on you.
CobraA-5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2008 at 2:48pm
ya your right i gues ill just stick with real tree lol but im sure a little extra commo will be ok my gun is allready real tree so i gues i dont need a ghillie  Thanks

Edited by CobraA-5 - 20 January 2008 at 2:49pm
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 2:18pm
I know you have posted that you wont be. However if you do ever plan on making a ghillie suit, or for those potential readers who may. Make sure to spray it with a flame retardant...
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Zippo25 Zippo25 wrote:

I know you have posted that you wont be. However if you do ever plan on making a ghillie suit, or for those potential readers who may. Make sure to spray it with a flame retardant...

ZIGN
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:10pm
This is why flame retardant is recommended for ghillies.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 4:46pm
The flame retardant works both ways.
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 1:25am
zign?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 9:03am

Originally posted by Zippo25 Zippo25 wrote:

zign?

Its a internet thing. It's hard to explain.

CobraA-5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2008 at 6:00pm
thanks i was just playing today and i made a temp. ghillie suit out of the trees that were around my woods they worked fine
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

scary
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by mamasboi mamasboi wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

scary

He deserved it.

[Evangelical voice]
AND LORDA DID SMITE THEE UBER 1337 SNIPERS DOWN TO THE FIRES OF HELLLL! REPENT ELSE HE WILL RAIN HIS HOLY FIRE DOWN ON YOU 'TILL YOU WISH YOU NEVER BEEN BORNA!! THUS SAYS THE LORDA YOUR GODA!!!!!

[/evangelical voice]
Zippo25 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2008 at 11:24pm
ok..
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2008 at 2:46am

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

You have fun with that, but be prepared to have an entire hopper unloaded on you when you get seen. Wanna be ghillie ub3r 1337 5n1p3rs normally get 30-100 rounds done their throat from normal players.

Thus says the Lord GODA, 'A disaster, unique disaster, behold it is coming!

last year, i was playing with some people and i seen that happen, every one pretended that we dident know where he was and then, 10 vs 1, it was funny as hell, over 2,000 pb were raining on him.

Edited by kurieitaa - 25 January 2008 at 2:49am
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 9:19pm

I disagree about this whole "ghille suit 'wanna be snipers' get unloaded on".  I think that's way to over-generalized.  I have played with many people using ghillie suits and never before have I seen or heard of someone cheating by claiming they 'didnt feel the hit'.  I think if it was a REAL ghillie suit this could be a problem as they have many, many layers of different fabrics and textures.  However, a ghillie suit made of burlap and fish-net? You'd feel it though burlap no problem, unless you're planning on wearing a whole lot of layers. 

I say go for it.  If it does happen you're bonous balled to an extreme extent for the reason of wearing a ghillie suit then that field has more problems than just over-dressed players and should consider more/better refs to keep an eye on things.  Just my 2 cents. 

And to suggest that people who wear a ghillie suit are 'wanna be snipers' etc etc is quite ignorant.  Ghillie suits, much like normal camo BDU's and clothing of that sort can be used by any player, whether they think they are 'snipers' or not.  If used properly ghillie and you wear a ghillie that matches the environment you are playing in it can hide you very nicely and help you set up ambushes and/or remain hidden to give you an advantage over others. 

Edited by bmax - 28 January 2008 at 9:21pm
<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by bmax bmax wrote:

I disagree about this whole "ghille suit 'wanna be snipers' get unloaded on".  I think that's way to over-generalized. 

No, its not. I have seen it time and again at many scenario games. It happens quite frequently.

I have played with many people using ghillie suits and never before have I seen or heard of someone cheating by claiming they 'didnt feel the hit'.

You haven't played very long have you? I see that or someone using a ghillie suit to make balls bounce more at every scenario game I have been to.

I think if it was a REAL ghillie suit this could be a problem as they have many, many layers of different fabrics and textures.  However, a ghillie suit made of burlap and fish-net? You'd feel it though burlap no problem, unless you're planning on wearing a whole lot of layers.

Just because someone claims that they couldn't feel the hits doesn't mean they didn't feel them...

I say go for it.  If it does happen you're bonous balled to an extreme extent for the reason of wearing a ghillie suit then that field has more problems than just over-dressed players and should consider more/better refs to keep an eye on things.  Just my 2 cents.

At large scenerio games a ref cannot be everywhere at once. Besides that most refs could care less about wanna be "ub3r 1337 5n1p3r5"

And to suggest that people who wear a ghillie suit are 'wanna be snipers' etc etc is quite ignorant. 

No, it is not. There are only two kinds of people that really try to wear a ghillie suit on a field, sniper wannabes or cheaters. Sometimes they are both.

Ghillie suits, much like normal camo BDU's and clothing of that sort can be used by any player, whether they think they are 'snipers' or not.  If used properly ghillie

The vast majority of players have not been trained in the proper use of a ghillie, so therefore they cannot use one properly or effectively. The fact of the matter is that ghillies are not designed with situations like paintball in mind. Ghillie suits are not designed for close range combat, they are designed to camouflage at medium range where the outline of the wearer is broken up by the surrounding environment. I have never seen a bust shaped like a ghillie suit and anyone with a half trained eye can tell the difference.

and you wear a ghillie that matches the environment you are playing in it can hide you very nicely and help you set up ambushes and/or remain hidden to give you an advantage over others.

The problem is that the environment that you work in changes from season to season, and from field to field. This would require you to change your ghillie almost every time you played on a particular field, and everytime you go to a different field. It would also require that you scouted the field before you palyed it so you know what colors you need to use in your ghillie that day. This is simply impractical to do in paintball and a waste of time.

Like it or not ghillie suits are stupid and impractical in paintball.
bmax View Drop Down
1 strike, language violation in sig. 1/3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:26pm

To each their own snake.  I guess 4-5 years isn't very long in the long run.  I think it very low if some wears a ghillie suit to make balls bounce and for that reason alone.  If they wear it becuase they think it gives them an advantage, fine.  If they cheat, then it says something about them and that should be closure enough.  If one feels the need to bonus ball them to get them out, fine.  I know I wouldn't do either and I expect those on my team wouldn't either.  If you see it done, you should say something to the player. 

And this forum sure has something against the aspect of paintball 'snipers'.  Obviously the range and ballistics advantage does not exist, but similar aspects of sniping can be adopted (if done properly) to give one an advantage on the paintball field. 

Oh, and Cobra A5 you have a PM

Edited by bmax - 28 January 2008 at 10:28pm
<Sig deleted due to language violation kthnx >
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2008 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by bmax bmax wrote:

To each their own snake.

Agreed.

I guess 4-5 years isn't very long in the long run. 

How many large scenarios have you played? What type of experience do you have outside of the realm of paintball? Have you ever been trained in the proper use of one?

I think it very low if some wears a ghillie suit to make balls bounce and for that reason alone.  If they wear it becuase they think it gives them an advantage, fine.  If they cheat, then it says something about them and that should be closure enough.  If one feels the need to bonus ball them to get them out, fine.  I know I wouldn't do either and I expect those on my team wouldn't either.  If you see it done, you should say something to the player.

Agreed. But you are missing something. There is a HUGE difference between unloading on a player until he calls himself out, and bonus balling. You have obviously never played tournaments, otherwise you would know this. If it takes 5 rounds for a player to call himself out, fine. If it takes 50, fine. Either way most people are not going to stop shooting until he shows some sign of surrender. Bonus balling is when you continue firing on a player after he has clearly called himself out.  Anyone who fires a couple of rounds in the direction of the threat and then looks away is an idiot.

And this forum sure has something against the aspect of paintball 'snipers'.  Obviously the range and ballistics advantage does not exist, but similar aspects of sniping can be adopted (if done properly) to give one an advantage on the paintball field.

Of course we have something against it, sniping is not physically possible in paintball so we will refute all arguments to the contrary with a cold hard injection of fact. What would you do if someone came up to you and told you the earth was flat even though all science proves differently?

Oh, and Cobra A5 you have a PM

Don't even try to argue paintball sniper with me. You will lose everytime.

Edited by Snake6 - 28 January 2008 at 10:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic