Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Your Spyders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2004 at 1:42pm
I guess if you like wasting money on parts that have absolutely performance effect what so ever then that is your perogative.

I just think of all that money spent on those said parts that could or should be spent on other things. Things like better paint, or a nice mask.
Which falls faster, a lead ball or your IQ after reading some of these posts?

PSU Paintball

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2004 at 1:46pm

well what good is money if you dont spend it?

im going to end this lil argument, your starting to anoy me with those opionated coments, just let people do what they want, if they have the money to but the parts then more power to them, if they dont(like me) then o well, im not gona complain about it

Edited by ¤ RaVeN ¤

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2004 at 1:59pm
What good is money if you don't have it?

And what's wrong with an opposing point of view? I am just saying that I feel that people are being exploited by being bombarded with all these little trinkets that really don't do too much.

As I said "then that is your perogative" if you like to buy those things. I personally don't. I feel they offer nothing to the game except giving companies more avenues to take money from unsuspecting players.

PSU Paintball

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2004 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by SnakeEyes SnakeEyes wrote:

What good is money if you don't have it?

And what's wrong with an opposing point of view? I am just saying that I feel that people are being exploited by being bombarded with all these little trinkets that really don't do too much.

As I said "then that is your perogative" if you like to buy those things. I personally don't. I feel they offer nothing to the game except giving companies more avenues to take money from unsuspecting players.

you make me laph so much

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Evil98E View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (D8)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil98E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 10:56am

well you know, your attitude toward the sport and the people who play it sucks, people like to have thier markers looking cool to them and other people, its their money so why should you care? let them make their cool looking markers

also there is a reason for people to want to buy all those things, its called being individual, not being like everyone else, if everyone had a 98 custom with a LPS and ebolt and i dono...i boomstick for example...then the sport would be so boring becase everyone would be the same. add on parts alow people to seporate from the rest and become their own person with their own defined look

^id have to agree with raven^ ive put in quite a bit of money into my 98 custom, and i do it to to have something different than anyone else. and most of all i just cant stand having a plain gun, call me greedy, stupid, whatever you want, but like someone said, if it shoots a paintball, and works, thats what matters.

You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 11:10am
So you have something different by buying all the same parts that everyone else can?

Customize your gun all you want, I am merely talking about the superficial/ineffective upgrades. I have said it before and I have to keep saying it because you only read what you want to, if you want to do something, go for it. I am merely voicing my opinion the same exact as you are doing. Because I have a different point of view from yours doesn't mean that either is more or less right.

As for my attitude towards the sport, I don't think you have the capacity to make that judgment for me. I am dedicated to keeping it fun and safe. I have coached my fair share of young guns and they and their parents have all appreciated it. It's your attitude towards me that needs correcting.

As for your individual speil, I guess you haven't been introduced to the real world where individuality really doesn't exist. You make yourself stand out by your accomplishments, not by how you look or what you can buy.

PSU Paintball

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 12:10pm
Hey snakeEyes, you should post that homeade LP kit mod somewhere. I'd like to see it. As for what Raven said, amen brotha. We shouldn't judge people on their guns. I've dumped almost a grand into my tippy and I don't have any regrets about it whatsoever. I did it because I wanted to do it. I liked the durability of a Tippmann, and after seeing a lot of people playing with near-stock Tippmanns, I wanted to make a more high performance one. What matters here is that we all play paintball. Sometimes we forget that.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 1:01pm
Let me get all of the fine details of the LP kit ironed out and I will contact a mod to see if I can have it stickied or placed along side the other LP kit instructions that I can no longer find on these forums.

PSU Paintball

Evil98E View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (D8)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil98E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 2:22pm

http://groups.msn.com/SickandTwiztidPaintball/markersandacce ssories.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=15

^my first gun^ and was proud to use it....about 25-30 cases of paint through it and still working...somewhat...lol

Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 4:44pm

Mine Wins!

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 5:23pm
hmmmm, i dont think thats a paintball gun

Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 5:45pm

hmm.... I know it is because i carved the stock out of wood myself and assembled everything.

There it is before the bi-pod and the scope and paintjob. the scope is next to my shoe because i was showing a friend how big the scope was (my shoe size is 13 1/2). I'm not using 12g anymore because it didnt give enough gas to the gun.

Rick_James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 9:06pm
Does it really matter what gun everyone has? I'd play with a
slingshot if I had to (actually, I did once-- I bunkered a newb,
but it didn't break; then I got ripped on), and you know what? I'd
make the best of whatever I was shootin'. Gimme a Blade- I'll
still have a blast. I think everyone should feel fortunate that
they have a marker and that they can play paintball and have
fun. I know a lot of kids who would kill to have a Spyder,
but they can't. Make the best of what you have and go play
your heart out.

Brass Eagle still pwns, though
¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by Rick_James Rick_James wrote:

Does it really matter what gun everyone has? I'd play with a
slingshot if I had to (actually, I did once-- I bunkered a newb,
but it didn't break; then I got ripped on), and you know what? I'd
make the best of whatever I was shootin'. Gimme a Blade- I'll
still have a blast. I think everyone should feel fortunate that
they have a marker and that they can play paintball and have
fun. I know a lot of kids who would kill to have a Spyder,
but they can't. Make the best of what you have and go play
your heart out.

Brass Eagle still pwns, though

thats what im talkin about bro...thats a true paintballer right there people, learn from him

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 9:28pm
dude snipa...that is awsome...what kind marker is that, like what was it before you turned it into a sniper marker?

Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2004 at 10:56pm

I started out on a slingshot, and my upgrade to an actuall marker was a PGP and then a Stingray.

The marker was a Spyder Compact 2000 before I got my hands on it.

red_alert204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2004 at 9:09am
i would just like to say something.  Now i know about 5 people that have sypders, two of them have had it for a year, the other three about a year and a half.  They never had probelms.  Now that doesnt mean there THE UBER AGG PWNER OF TIPPYS no there not.  Lets face it there designed for differnet things.  Most people who have sypders (now this is from my expernice it may be different for u) have heard of tippys ultra duribalty(sp).  So they think sypders are the same becasue the price is the same.  Sypders take maintiaing big deal oil the bolt mop the gun down not hard.  Now 16 balls second on a victor BAH that is not true.  I will agree about 1/2 of the sypders suck.  The more expensive ones are good for speed, if u want a semi fast firing gun for cheap.. Now sypders can rip add a good trigger acp slasher or check it products sweetspot the triggers are about 25-35 dollars.   Add a lighter swicth to make it lighter pull, a 50 gram swicth- 5 dollars.  Now you will still be capped at 13 balls a second.  Add a t-board and it comes with eyes which elemiate choping for 60 dollars.  Now u have a fast sypder but u have matnian it for it to work.  Now take a tippmann lets say 98 custom for example.  A very good woodsball gun because of its durabilty it wont get ruined it the woods.  Add a flatline if u like it, or a stock.  Then add rt or e-bolt and u have a good tippmann that can shoot fast, but it is rellay meant for woods and rec-ball.  Where as the sypder i said before would work better for tournys, why the rt would be illgeal same with full auto for e-bolt.  Now as shown above tippmanns and sypders can both be very good if you know what to do.  Except they are designed for different things.  See i like playing speed and will be entering torunys soon so if i wanted a cheap gun the sypder said above would be better, but if i like woods and outdoor play the tipmann would be the best chocie.  NEITHER GUN SUCKS IT IS WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT FOR.  

Edited by red_alert204
Evil98E View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (D8)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil98E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2004 at 2:09pm
i beg to differ on ther neither gun sucks part.....if you have a gun that was crap...then it sucks...
Rbmllr412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rbmllr412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2004 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Daniel Webber Daniel Webber wrote:

Jeez, can't we all just get along?

On to the topic, most of you need to shut up. Some of you have no idea why you hate spyders besides the fact that everyone else does and you think it's "cool" to get on the bandwagon.

Spyders are great guns, they're quality might not be that bad but what do you expect from $60 worth of equipment? You can't compare a $60 Spyder Victor to a $130 Tippmann 98 Custom in quality, thats like comparing a Geo to a Jaguar. However, once you get up there in the Tippmann price range, some Spyders have better quality and a load of goodies built in (unlike Tippmanns).

In my book, Spyders and Tippmanns are equal.

You say it brother. I just bought a Spyder Victor for 50 bucks as a project gun. I am going to make it rip like my Impulse. 

SP Nerve, Max-flo 68/45, Halo B w/ V35 victory board, and RIP drive--All black
tippysnyper98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippysnyper98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2004 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by red_alert204 red_alert204 wrote:

Then add rt or e-bolt and u have a good tippmann that can shoot fast, but it is rellay meant for woods and rec-ball.

Yeah just tell Tippmann Effect that or go on www.model98.net and say that. Tippys can be just as good for tournaments. You can buy a morlock board if you have an ebolt and that makes it fast as hell. My entire team uses tippys and we took 2nd in our league to kids with a bunch of angels and timmys. I just hate when people say that tippys are meant for woodsball and recball.

Edited by tippysnyper98
Angels? We dont need no stinkin Angels!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic