Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball armor?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 11:52pm
Who ever invented and patented the Body Armor fer Paintballing should be punished....wit extreme prejudice, like a 1000 marker firing squad....Like I said in another thread similair to this one...."body armor makes you look like a wuss" if one cant stand the pain of gettin a welt, then sell all that paintball gear to the next person who isnt afraid of gettin a few bumps and bruises.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 1:47am

Originally posted by Balazs2 Balazs2 wrote:

U know, i hate it when people call others sissies for wearing a vest, because someone may have a bruising problem(believe it or not i know someone who did) and it can hurt. Theres also the people going on a cruis and stuff who dont want welts. Paintball can hurt sometimes too ... however im not implying that i wear a vest... Speedball all the way baby

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BRUISING, DONT PLAY PB,COMMON SENSE

I'm going to the darkside...
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:01pm
You People don't understand I don't care if it hurts. It would
bew for senerio and it would look cool and give u more time in
the game because you could be hit like 2 times in stead of
being eliminated every time some one hits you.
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:18pm
Dont add me as "you" in yer posts thecorpseman, Im totally against the use of paintball armor, only a wuss would wear one and theres no way a real scenario player would wear one either.
soulhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 9:30pm
neck armor yes but notfull body armor
kapp reflex body blue W/ups e-blade 23+bps etc (Now With Zero-B Bord).A-5 with all the gta ups and some,trigger pull 1.1mm.Prolite w/mod.
DeathFromPaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathFromPaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 10:32pm

I see the point in scenario play it wouldnt be for protection but to stay in the game an make more realistic like a flak vest in a real war it gives u a chance to live. but otherwise the only armor i wear on a feild is a CUP an if uve been shot there u would too!!!

Tippmann A5
E-Grip
2X Trigger
Low Pressure Kit
JT Proteus Smoke Mask
Woodland Ghillie Suit
Next to Come
Flatline
Drop Forward
Macroline
240rd Hopper
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 10:44pm

Havent been shot there, Im too close to the ground and the closest Ive been hit was my inner thigh.

Neck Protectors are useless, makes ya sweat like crazy but, theyre useful in hidin those incriminating hickies.

98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 12:33am
i could understand neck protection...because i got shot in the throat the other day and it didnt feel to nice...other than that no i dont like the paintball armor one bit
red_LED View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_LED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 2:19am
IMHO: I think its a matter of discipline which is why paintball armor isn't very popular.... 

Face it, if your acting recklessly and stupidly while being bunkered and you get slapped with a few paintballs, your not only tagged out but in a slight bit of pain. Over time I would think a person would become smarter to stay calm while being bunkered and improve on his/her tactics a little bit, so that they don't get hit with a paintball and thus avoid that pain.

However, if your a somewhat newer paintballer and you have just bought some thick pads of armor for every place possible on your body, when you get hit no matter how many balls your not hurt, and in most cases I believe that person does not learn a lesson, instead just gets a little frusterated with the game because he was tagged.

Therefore, with the pain incentive you can learn some better ways to avoid paintballs... with armor, I would think it would be a different learning experience.

Thats my theory!

Edited by red_LED
Tippmann A5 w/
J&J Ceramic 12"
DOP X-Core
JCS RVA
20oz C02
Stewie View Drop Down

Giving a bad name to a great cartoon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 2:54pm
why dont you just play were you can take to hits to certian areas and only one to others ect... if thats what you want its all on honor system though nut so is normal paitnball mostly

http://www.tippmanntorment.20megsfree.com/ check it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic