FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most over-rated band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most over-rated band
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Baller888 Baller888 wrote:

Glad to see two guys agree with me on that one...

I mean, Nirvana is/was an incredible band that was part of a major scene responsible for creating a new generation (YES, that means your precious little Linkin Park too), but they surely do not deserve all the press...

More bands were part of the whole grunge movement and don't get enough credit for it... Pearl Jam accomplished 10x more musically then Nirvana (even during that time... you can say what you want, but Ten puts Nevermind to shame musically)... Both of those bands were the major figures... Others like Soundgarden, Busch, etc should get more too...

As far as Cobain being a great guitarist, he wasn't and in no way deserved to be high up on Rolling Stone's "Greatest Guitarists" list... As a lyricist, he was one of the best, but as a guitarist, Mike McCready mops the floor with him...

I love that whole era... I'll say it again, Nirvana is one of my favorite bands, but is incredibly over-rated...

Edited by Baller888
Shaft!
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:25pm
nirvana is the most over rated band. kirk kobane didnt do **edited**. he wasnt a musical genius, he wasnt a good guitar player, and he wasnt a good song writer. he was a piece of **edited** in the road. he sucks, nirvana sucks, and grunge sucks
You base this on what? Please tell me its something other then your opinion becsue if thats what your baseing it on your argument is irrelavent.
xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam02001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:00am
no one can say a band is overated. Everyone has their own opinion about music. Someone that doesnt like rap doesnt like rap. what makes you think they will like puff daddy. they probably have never heard his music. you get the idea.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
mike_is_popular View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike_is_popular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:00am
led zepplin is definatly the most over rated band.... sure they make good music and all.. but they are way over rated.... and for people in this thread, i dont think the point of this thread is 'what music don't you like' ,over rated doesn't mean that.....
A Million Billion Trillion Stars
.....frankysock was a good guy.....
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:29am

www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

That's all I have to say to that.

paintball duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:58am
Originally posted by CarbineKid CarbineKid wrote:

Nirvana was incredible and they had a HUGE impact on the music scene, is anyone old enough to remember the crap that was on the radio pre-nirvana?? I think I will change my answer from Puff P-Diddy Daddy to EVERYTHING on MTV...well thats if and when they play a music vid.
nirvana is the most over rated band. kirk kobane didnt do **edited**. he wasnt a musical genius, he wasnt a good guitar player, and he wasnt a good song writer. he was a piece of **edited** in the road. he sucks, nirvana sucks, and grunge sucks.
paintball duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:46am
Originally posted by ¤ RaVeN ¤ ¤ RaVeN ¤ wrote:

Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

The only reason that i started listening to AC/DC was the quitar player with his "hard rock sieziers". I like a few of thier songs. I know she is not a band, but i think Brittany Spears is THE MOST over-rated person in the industry. She doesn't even sing her songs for real. When she performs, it is a recording and she mouths it. I like 311's remake of "The Love Song", but it just isn't the same as when The Cure sang it.^^ Nirvana would have been a great band, but Kurt had major problems. I think that radio head was over-rated, but i never was into thier type of songs, so i guess that makes it different. They were rated in the top 5 greatest songs by MTV or something.

i agree with everything you just said      i kinda miss nirvana...

and wtf is wrong with that. the only part of ac/dc thats over rated is angus young. everybody thinks hes the best guitar player but hes not that good at all. i can play a lot of his solos and if i wanted to i could figure them all out. he uses the same scale in every solo.
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:50am
The Who, The Rolling Stones, and Metallica

NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:19am

I seems to be a good ban or music star is on top of the world, fans at the feet. Next the be at the top and you don't hear them alot

:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:09am

Originally posted by SilentStealth67 SilentStealth67 wrote:

wow, too many ignorant people, not worth the arguements

as the toys go wiiiinnndddinggg downnn...it's pudding time

Edited by :ShockeR_ratm:

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
SilentStealth67 View Drop Down
Shakes Beef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentStealth67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:02am
wow, too many ignorant people, not worth the arguements

Its Pudding Time Children
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 11:20pm

OkOkOk

Let me address some issues here first.

I dont think that being "over-rated" necessarily means "Bad".

Most of the bands that I think are "Over-Rated" are not bad bands, they wrote good music and were (in some cases) good musicians im sure, they just get more CREDIT than what they probobly should get,

1. Nirvana. Personally I dont think that it was Nirvana that cause the change from air-rock to alternative/grunge. Sure, they may have brought the scene to the masses, but if they didnt come along I think that the industry would have gotten another north-west grunge band and made it famous. There are alot more and better grunge/alternative bands from that time that were before Nirvana, they just didnt get picked by the Orwell-like machine that is the record industry.

2. Metallica. I dont like people that say "OMGAWWD METALLIKA ROCKS TEH SOCKS TEH R TEH BEESSST METAL BAND EVERZ", Then you ask them to name another metal band and they give you a blank stare. Are they awsome? Hell yeah. Can they play great? Hell yeah. Are they the best metal act out there? Not really.

3. ACDC. Take what I just said up there, and change Metallica to AC/DC, and Metal to Hard/Classic rock.

CarbineKid View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:49pm
Nirvana was incredible and they had a HUGE impact on the music scene, is anyone old enough to remember the crap that was on the radio pre-nirvana?? I think I will change my answer from Puff P-Diddy Daddy to EVERYTHING on MTV...well thats if and when they play a music vid.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:45pm
Every band was influenced by the beatles one way or another.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:32pm
yeah LP was influenced then they all joined together I dont like thier old music as much as thier new stuff but yeah you are right they were influenced but arent a lot of singers and bands out there

Edited by Dan db09
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:29pm
Hey Dan... Don't even attempt to deny that your little Linkin Park wasn't in some way influenced by my Pearl Jam or other bands of that era...
Shaft!
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:27pm
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:25pm
Glad to see two guys agree with me on that one...

I mean, Nirvana is/was an incredible band that was part of a major scene responsible for creating a new generation (YES, that means your precious little Linkin Park too), but they surely do not deserve all the press...
Shaft!
Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

Slipknot.

Nice to see someone else realizes that Slipknot is all hype, and they aren't even all that heavy.

I would have to say that rap is the most overrated, all the posing high school students think it is the greatest thing in the world when infact its one of the most talentless genres of music (do I dare call it this?).
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:00pm
Blink 182.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic