Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most over-rated band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Definately hands down linkin park. If i have to hear one more angsty 13 year old blather on about how inspiring or perfect their "lyrics" are im going to vomit.
X
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by sniped out sniped out wrote:

i think punk is over-rated

Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

Definately hands down linkin park. If i have to hear one more angsty 13 year old blather on about how inspiring or perfect their "lyrics" are im going to vomit.
All they do is whine HEY MY GIRLFRIEND WALKED AWAY CAUSE I'M A WHINEY SUCKY SINGER BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:35pm
AFI
Metallica
Linkin Park
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:44pm
Nirvana, even though one of my favorite bands, is the most over-rated band in history... They are credited with so much more than they actually did... Pearl Jam accomplished 10x more musically then they ever did and get much less credit...

AC/DC is up there too... I like them, but I don't understand how people can listen to them religiously...

And Linkin Park isn't over-rated... They just suck...
Shaft!
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by Bomber Brigade Bomber Brigade wrote:

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

All they do is whine HEY MY GIRLFRIEND WALKED AWAY CAUSE I'M A WHINEY SUCKY SINGER BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Last time I checked, there was no song anywere near that. Don't be ignorant, if you have an opinion, then state a good reason (even "just because i don't like them would be better than that). IMO Linkin Park is over-rated, but only buy the Pop community. They are a great band, with great songs, and acctualy sound good live (plus, they are this thing called "original" in the way they sound compaired to other bands). I think that New Found Glory is good, he acctualy sings like the way he sounds. Blink 182 may have some Pop songs that people don't like, but if you have any sense of humor, then you should like the unreleased songs. The same goes for Linkin Park (except not the funny part) and New Found Glory. I think H.I.M is terribly over-rated by the metal community. He is a **edited** and seriously sucks. And as for AFI, I like the Leaving Song Pt.2 video. it's a huge mosh-like pit.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Baller888 Baller888 wrote:

Nirvana, even though one of my favorite bands, is the most over-rated band in history... They are credited with so much more than they actually did... Pearl Jam accomplished 10x more musically then they ever did and get much less credit...

I agree. I also have to throw metallica in here

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:10pm
[/QUOTE]

IMO Linkin Park is over-rated, but only buy the Pop community. They are a great band, with great songs, and acctualy sound good live (plus, they are this thing called "original" in the way they sound compaired to other bands).

[/QUOTE]

There was a little band named Limp Bizkit doing what Linkin Park is attempting to do before they were ever around... And even though they blew, they still did it better...

There is honestly nothing appealing about Linkin Park to me... They have horrid lyrics to synthetic sounds... I don't see the need for bands now a days to just come out and talk explicitly about how their lives suck and want to kill themselves while screaming into a mic...

At least Fred got some ladies too...
Shaft!
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:14pm
 They don't have but like one song like that. You obviously don't listen to them except for the songs on the radio. And buy your sig and name, you either are black, like hip hop, or are a wigro (not a slur you little punks, just a funny name for all those rich white kids listening to 25 cents and wearing thier Abocromie and Phat Pharms)
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

AFI
Metallica
Linkin Park

how is afi overated? most people haven't even heard of them.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:20pm
 AFI is allright IMO. IJ don't like Silver and Cold though. I like Dancing Through Sunday.
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:21pm
Well if that was directed towards me... You nailed it...

Wait... No you didn't...

I'm very much white... Very middle class... Very against new rap... Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor... And the user name... Well, this is a paintBALL forum right?

I've heard enough of them, besides what's on the radio, to judge...

If you like them, great... But in my opinion they suck, always have sucked, and will continue to suck for all eternity...

Have a great one...
Shaft!
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:24pm
I like samuel jackson's role in pulp fiction best.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:27pm
ide like to ask you guys a question tell me why u guys think linkin park is over rated
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:28pm
i don't. they are a very talented band. not my style, but i think they are good.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:35pm
Not are they just over-rated, they are also a bad band... They haven't accomplished anything as a band besides putting bad lyrics to mediocre music...

My main complaint with them is their lyrics... Bands in the older days (I mean BC to pre-1997) had just as much angst (probably more and probably for better reasons too) as Linkin Park did or does... However most of the good band's lyrics were not as explicit as Linkin Park's and actually took some emotional insight to write down on paper...

Screaming your heart out into a mic talking about crap in such a direct way with a mixer in the back takes 0 skill... This goes for all newer bands (not that they all do this, but a lot)... Rock and Roll is on its death bed because of this new scene...

I commend them for making millions though...
Shaft!
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:37pm
if you knew what linkin parks music was about then you wouldnt say that. Linkin park is a talented band and a band that doesnt lip sing like many other bands or singers at thier concerts.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:37pm
linkin park is not overrated...they are overplayed. Once radio and mtv gets ahold of it they play it every 5 minutes..and mtv uses it as their one and only way to reach out to the rock scene other than crappy 311/maroon 5 junk....

If were going to say linkin park is overrated for screaming....

why cant we go ahead and say all heavy metal is over rated..or, 90% of the rock genre for that matter..becuse most rock bands scream at some point.

anyways....Rap=most overrated genre ever.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:38pm
Sammy's Van Halen...
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:45pm
linkin park is my fav band i listen to them everyday and i still cant see why someone wud say they are "over rated"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic