Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VF, six shooter cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2005 at 6:14pm

thank you sir. the kids were bothering me.

anyways.. I'm thinking of some way to make the thing flip down but it's really complicated when ya try and make it a reality.

but.. i have an idea in mind. might have a pic up this week

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2005 at 1:11am
Holy crap dude, that is just way too much work.
Mad Psience View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2005 at 1:51am

not really..

imagine the work that went into the cyclone..

just as much I'd say

Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:28am
working on the flip down lots lately, should have a diagram up soon. This thing is super easy to clean. What I'd like to do is design an Anti-Chop system to go on a high end version of the marker because it would be very usefull

Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 9:31pm
i really wanna see some good diagrams (no offense lol) so i can get a full understanding of the design.for now i just wont comment
signature
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 9:33pm

...i am not trying to be mean, or discouraging, but

A) to use any part/piece of a cyclone feed, you MUST have a license, contact tippmann, they might even help out finacially or something

B)ummm...whats wrong with a regular cyclone? mines never busted a ball...but i dont shoot auto, so what do i know...

C) despite your name being on numerous documents, unless you have a patent, or patent pending, anyone can use your ideas, there is nothing stopping them

i know my credibility is rather weak, seems like nobody likes the idea of blackpowder in this sport, but my close uncle is one of the top 50 American inventors of all time, and im somewhat of an inventor myself, so i know how these things work

that having been said, good job, this idea is orginal, and quite good, except for the few shortcomings i have pointed out

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 12:01am
This has got to be the dumbest idea i have ever heard.   why would you single stack-load the balls into the cyclone when with the cyclones hopper, you have no chance for the balls to not drop into the chamber, you dont need to buy an 80 dollar hopper just to keep the balls feeding.  the cyclone ELIMINATES all chance of chopping the ball as it physically puts the ball into the chamber.  the only way to chop a ball is to outshoot the cyclone, and since the cyclone  feeds as fast as the gun shoots, outshooting it is virtually impossible.  I simply see no reason to complicate an emaculate force-feeding system by adding a very flawed gravity-based feed into it.  you said your reasoning for this is so that it can utilize the hoppers that other guns use, i fail to see why you would want throw money at a problem that does not exist.  even the most expensive electro-hoppers will still chop, the cyclone wont.  the only thing that adding an 80 dollar hopper to it will do is  slow it down, and waste your time and money.  While its kinda cool that you came up with this, it simply is not value-added . i recommend that you save your time and money to create something that will be worth while.
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 4:59am
i'm sorry you don't like it but whether it's a likely idea or not it's still a completely original concept that would work. this forum is for ideas.. not just stuff that should be produced...

eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 5:38pm
Thats pretty cool man.
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

This has got to be the dumbest idea i have ever heard.   why would you single stack-load the balls into the cyclone when with the cyclones hopper, you have no chance for the balls to not drop into the chamber, you dont need to buy an 80 dollar hopper just to keep the balls feeding.  the cyclone ELIMINATES all chance of chopping the ball as it physically puts the ball into the chamber.  the only way to chop a ball is to outshoot the cyclone, and since the cyclone  feeds as fast as the gun shoots, outshooting it is virtually impossible.  I simply see no reason to complicate an emaculate force-feeding system by adding a very flawed gravity-based feed into it.  you said your reasoning for this is so that it can utilize the hoppers that other guns use, i fail to see why you would want throw money at a problem that does not exist.  even the most expensive electro-hoppers will still chop, the cyclone wont.  the only thing that adding an 80 dollar hopper to it will do is  slow it down, and waste your time and money.  While its kinda cool that you came up with this, it simply is not value-added . i recommend that you save your time and money to create something that will be worth while.

he has a very valid point

this idea is somewhat worthless, for all the effort involved...things never work as well in reality as they do in thoery

do what you want

none the less, it is quite orginal, maybe the next one will be better, good luck

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 1:13pm
I only read the first page, so forgive me for that.

But here's all I want to say...imagine the Cyclone how it is right now. 5-slots for paintballs waiting to be fired, with a stack of paintballs sitting right above them.

The secret to the Cyclone? The WIDE-MOUTHED HOPPER! Without this, gravity cannot force the balls down fast enough to keep the 5-stars full.

Above those 5 slots with paintballs seated in them, there is a ready stack of paintballs ready to fall into place.

If you went to a regular feedneck, you are reducing the amount of balls available, which would starve the Cyclone.

I don't know it y'all get what I'm saying, but my point is the wide-mouthed hopper is totally necessary for fast-feeding of the Cyclone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic