Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VF, six shooter cyclone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Strike 1 - Language (F17)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VF, six shooter cyclone
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:32pm

just a crazy idea that would however be 100% functional and would allow the A-5 to utilize awesome hoppers like most guns..

imagine instead of the side feeding cyclone, the cyclone was relocted and flipped forwards behind the barrel and chamber kinda of like a 6-shooter pistol. the cyclones chamber would be closed off all around and on top would be a normal vertical feed for a hopper.

the hopper would drop the balls down to say the right side of the cyclone, which would rotate clockwise with each shot par usual. the top of the cyclone however would be inline with the chamber and barrel so when the trigger is fully depressed, the gun fires the round from the slot and when the trigger comes back up the next ball is already loaded and ready for the trigger to come down again.

i really want to draw up a diagram of this so some of you that may not quite be able to picture it can understand.

the positives of this over a typical Vertical feed are

1. the ball is only gravity fed into the cyclone, not into the chamber so it can't get chopped because the cyclone would mechanically feed it into the chamber ENTIRELY before any gas is expelled causing the round to fire.

2. by eliminating the possibility of gravity lag (time it takes for a ball to fall from a hopper feed into the chamber) and eliminating the chance of misfire (if the balls in the hopper are positioned in a manner in which one ball obstructs another from falling thru cleanly) this system creates a perfect firin cycle.

i will try to come up with a diagram. also, please give me your thoughts. i'd love to answer all inquiries.

PitChBLaCk - Wasting Autistic Speedballers Since 2001
Tippmann A-5, 12" SP Teardrop, 20oz. CO2 w/ SP On/Off
PitchBlacK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:40pm

okay I've completely reviewed this concept and it works perfect in theory.. i think it would eliminate almost 100% of any problems with feed, chopping, or such and would be especially good if an eye could be incorporated.

i'm thinking of actually getting a professional design drawn up of this.

jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:42pm
interesting idea, i'd like to see the diagrhams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:52pm

k here are 2 diagrams.

the first is the location of the components, the second is of the feed, and rotation.

sorry for the quality but i don't have pro art skills and paint is good enough to display a concept.

Ethanhunt View Drop Down
I play in the woods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethanhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:56pm

Love The Diagrams !!!! I think you have a great idea.

"Those granite steps that stand as obstacles in the path of the weak,
are stepping stones in the path of the strong"
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:01pm
awsome diagrams that is a really good idea  make sure u get something that says its urs so no1 steals ur idea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:18pm

well on August 2nd 2004, Rich Anderson of Cold lake, alberta canada came up with the idea for the 6-shooter VF cyclone on tippmann.com.

i wish i knew how to get a patent or something. i want to as i said get a professional design done. maybe if someone with skills, or a company like tippmann teamed up with me an actual prototype could be made.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:46pm
it would work but the only thing i would find to be wrong is you would need everyone of the spaces in the cyclone to be filled at all times to keep it at the highest ROF.  after you empty your whole hopper all the balls would be gone, meaning you would need to detach the cyclone case or hopper to refil the ball spots in the cyclone...nice idea though.

waite i just thought of something.  you wouldnt have to refil the ball spots but it would take a few seconds to get balls firing again.

Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:51pm

there's that thing on the side of the cyclone that manually turns it, you can press that down.. i believe 5 times in this scenario off of a fresh load and you'll be all set. it's just 5 pushes instead of one. there's other ways but this is the simplest.

and as far as unloading balls in the cyclone. why not just have a part on the back of the cyclone, say on the left side where it's exposed, snap up and down so when you're ready to unload you just open it, use the manual revolver button thingy and take them out one at a time. keep in mind this cyclone uses a single arm rather than the multiple arms found in the cyclones on A-5's, so it'd be a quick process.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:23pm
get a copyright or patent bro.  id say you are set to go.  but you need some cash to build a prototype.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:48pm
i'll prolly need about a grand I'd say at least. i can covr that, i just need someone to build it for me.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:30am
Sorry but you would actually just be turning it back into a conventional loader. There would be no benefit to the six shooter. Because your still using a conventional gravity fed single stack loader to feed the 6 shooter.

I give you credit for the idea though. Maybe with some tweaking......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:50pm

perhaps you don't fully see the picture here. the gravity feed is not to the chamber, but only to the cyclone. the cyclone then feeds to where the ball is chambered and fired.

by loading it this way instead of by gravity it removes many problems as stated above.

using a gravity feeder to load the six shooter is more effective than a gravity loader feeding a chamber persay. there's not near as many variables that can make it go wrong. and with a good electric hopper going it would be super efficient.

so for the most part, you're wrong. because the cyclone feeding to the chamber will eliminate a ton of gravity feeding problems, and with a VF going to the cyclone players can actually use great VF loaders/hoppers etc.. not to mention the cyclone takes away the bps limit placed by a straight gravity feed.

it's okay, there's a cynic for everything. even cancer research.

holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:11pm

Sounds like a great idea to me. I just think you would have to set it up in a way so that when you fire it, and the cyclone rotates, if your firing too fast it may be possible to chop a ball. If the ball is only partly loaded into the cyclone, and you fire, the cyclone would rotate and could chop the ball. Unless Im missing something here you would definatly need an electric hopper to feed the cyclone. I think a gravity fed one would only be possible if you put a cap on how fast it fired. Or I guess you could figure out a way to incorporate an eye into the cyclone so it only rotates if there is a ball in the chamber. Also, I have a fair amount of AutoCAD skill, and no life. I just may be willing to draw something up if you would like. PM me if want to discuss anything.

Edited by holysmartone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:22pm

as i mentioned in the first post, incorporating an eye would be most excellent.

hit me up on MSN or just mail to OneDown_4Up@hotmail.com.

A-5_Ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:37pm
The Guy has a good point, even if you got this to work right, you could only shoot as fast as gravity could get those balls down, you might as well use a vertical feed gun with an agitating hopper.  plus with the cyclone their how do you plan to get gas into the chamber to fire the paintball.  it wouldn't be that much of an improvement.  the cyclone feed doesn't have any outstanding problems now. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:40pm

the point isn't to improve the cyclone feed, but to combine it's usefulness with the best tech for vertical feed guns while eliminating the few problems you may run into here and there.

just a random thing to add onto this for fun, don't elaborate on it.. i realized with my system, it would be possible to utilize 2 chambers and 2 barrels (double shot for each click) with a modification of the cyclones rotation and of course the addition of a new line chamber and barrel adaptor. the barrels wouldn't be completely in line but would be paralell horizontally. nothing like imagining a double barreled shotty of a PB gun.

thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:13pm
Why bothermaking basicly a revoler with a hopper or a double
cyclone feed. It might shoot faster but really, WHY?
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:06pm

faster, maybe. more efficiently, yes.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:09pm

It just like a force feed hopper but instead of it pointing barrel to back of gun its pointed across.

Its just taking a good idea and making it stick out the side.

Plus you say a modded seven arm cyclone..But in the pic..There is six.

And another thing, Is this going to be mounted above or below the bore. If its below...Whats the point. If its above...Why not make it like I said before, a force feed hopper.

I think you should take a long hard look at it and see if its still worth it.

EDIT: After review of the "diagram" I see your idea more clearly. But it still remains that the balls would have to be fed gravity wise into the loader. Thus you still have the probles as before. I also beleive the the cycling rate would be pathetic due to the fact that the "fins" have to go through the bore after each shot.and if you shot too fast the balls would not have a chance to enter the feeder in the first place.

I deem this a good try, but back to the drawing boards.

Edited by Monk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic