Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Game ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

Metal Slugs

d00dz, yes!! metal slug rocked hardcore.

Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 4:46pm
Hasn't anyone here even played Doom3?
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:23pm

lots of great games

but you have to give it up for the myth, the legend...MARIO!!!!

Vitamin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vitamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Hasn't anyone here even played Doom3?
Still playing.

Half-Life 2 should be fun too as well as many other future shooters, STALKER, FEAR, Swat 4, Quale 4.

And yes the first Skaarj interaction made me madly drop 20 flares and run. 

Best Audio- Unreal 2

Best Graphics- Doom 3

Best Overall package- Half Life 2

Best Storyline- Doom

Best Level desighn/theme- Painkiller

Best Mulitplayer- Unreal Tournament 2004

This year is one of the best for PC games.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:47pm
Half-Life
Zelda - Ocarina
Goldeneye
Pilot Wings 64 wasn't great but it was definately fun
Call of Duty
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

Metal Slugs

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:50pm
Mario is  a classic...what a tankalicous game
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:06pm
Rainbow 6 3 black arrow is the bestest game ever.
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:17pm
Ocarina of time was unbelievable, yes, it is one of thetop games ever easily.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:21pm
Heretic, i think that is what it was called.

Original doom 1 and 2

Any original Nintendo game.

Rainbowsix 3: Ravenshield
Any OFP
COD, any of them.
DOD

On a side note,  CS, original, is probably the game i hate most of all time. 
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:47pm
pong
rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:48pm
I'm gonna get everyone mad and go ahead and say Halo is one of my favs. along with Super Mario 3, the whole Metroid Series, and Doom (haven't played 3 yet, but i hear awesome things) I'd say HL-2, but that isn't comming out anyways, so Halo 2. Also, many other classics that are so awesome i can't think of any
WWBDD?

Flogging_molly View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flogging_molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:00pm
Battletoads provided me with 12 years of ultimate entertainment.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by rootsradicals rootsradicals wrote:

I'm gonna get everyone mad and go ahead and say Halo is one of my favs. along with Super Mario 3, the whole Metroid Series, and Doom (haven't played 3 yet, but i hear awesome things) I'd say HL-2, but that isn't comming out anyways, so Halo 2. Also, many other classics that are so awesome i can't think of any

HL-2 is comming out, they just prolonged it like any other company who decides to set an unreasonable relase date, or they just decided to screw up.  Halo is a good game, i like it.  It entertains me, although i do not have X-box.  Halo 2 looks good, i hope it comes for PC.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:29pm
Conker's Bad Fur Day is so sweet stuff
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:33pm
/\ new one commin out for Xbox in '05, it looks fun. But I gotta say Flogging_Molly named one of the awesomest(yes thats a word now) funnest (that one too) games ever. Then there was Biker Mice from Mars, the racing game. Randomly rented it one day, and fell in love with it.
WWBDD?

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:46pm
1. Far Cry
2. Half Life
3. Halo

You guys may say 2 and 3 are overrated, but you have to admit, for their time they were awesome games. And still are good games.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 2:37am
Sammy, half life was a good game because it had good level design and overall polish. Halo sets new records in how NOT to design levels. The entire game rests its dificulty on shooting swarms of tiny things with little thumbsticks on the suckbox, so when you play it on a real machine with a real input device like a mouse, its an excercise in point and click.

Halo sucks very very much compared to other games that the stupid fanboys have never even heard of.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

1. Far Cry

I don't know how I could forget that. The graphics are just amazing. And the levels, you can tackle a mission in almost any way you want as long as you get they key components to pass like blowing up crap. I've been able to avoid getting attacked by a bunch of enemies by just going around and taking the objective from behind. The AI is really smart, and the environment can also be interacted with to a certain degree (shooting chains to cut down a bridge, craters forming in the sand from rocket impacts etc...)
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 6:16am
I'm gonna have to say the Zelda series and Call of Duty.  Call of Duty for the sound, fast actoin, and coolness and Zelda for the freaking awesomeness of it...
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic