Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

scenrio players vs. speed players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 1:24am

...who cares?

im sure one game speedballas would win, next game the wookies would win...and so on

TNTsnk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNTsnk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 3:22pm

most likely the speed ballers would win, but i'm a woodsballer and i took out a whole team yesterday once my other speedball team mates were out. but the truth is that speed ballers would probably win.  they would probably loose if the woodsballers had gradades though. but without them we would probably loose.  but back on out court (the woods) we would probably win. one thing I have noticed was when i play woods ball with speedballers most of them give themselves away to fast and dont wait for a good shot, like hunting. 

but a longer barrel would be better than a short one for speedball because you could push the baryllel safely against the bunker and shoot whithout exposing yourself to much and with a short baryllel you would have a hard time doing that.

TNTsnk
red_alert204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:16pm
wow...... its comparing apples and organes there differnt games........
Red Proto Matrix
Black Check It Uni Mount
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:48pm
Organes? oh you meant oranges....
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 3:15pm
Uh... not all Scenario guns are 3 feet long.  Most just have 12" barrels, and a stock and a remote.  Depending on the stock, it can be shorter than the co2 or whatever...  Scenario guns arent that clunky.
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 3:37pm
It depends on the field. Scenario players would definately dominate on a woodsball field. They know the specific tactics needed to play in such an environment. If you want to factor in clothing, speedballers would be seen no problem when scenario players would be able to blend in better.

In a speedball field, there is no doubt that the speedballers will be winning more often. But I don't think they would dominate as much on their own fields as much as woodsballers would on woodsball fields. The reason is that I believe the tactics used in woodsball can more easily be applied to speedball than the other way around.

But it also depends on the quality of the players.

As for me, I generally play in a woodsball field (which is slowly converting to a speedball one) that used to use small squad tactics. Playing speedball is so much easier than woodsball. In woodsball you are more used to visibility problems and having to fire through brush and having concealment being used in addition to cover. Bunkers in my closest woodsball are also very widely spaced out, so we are accustomed to moving more quickly between those bunkers than a speedball player will be between his closer bunkers.

But I never think about which format is superior. I love both formats equally, but because there is only one woodsball field near my house (that's switching to speedball like all of the others), I'd prefer going to a new woods field over a new speedball field.

Edited by Tolgak
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 6:59pm

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
PBallwarrior660 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBallwarrior660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 9:14pm

Y WOULD U WANT TO C THAT THE WOODS SCENARIO PLAYERS WOULD GET THERE A**ES WHOOPED BECAUSE SPEEDBALL PLAYERS NP HOW TO SLING IT AND THERE GUNS ARE FASTER AND ACCURATE.

I AM A SPEEDBALL/SCENARIO PLAYER I PREFER SPEEDBALL FOR ADRINALINE AND SCENARIO JUS TO WASTE SOME TIME AND HAVE FUN. I LIKE SPEEDBALL BETTR HONESTLY

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 12:02am

Why are you screamin?

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Airhead67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airhead67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 10:30am

Woodsball players would win more on a woodsball field and speedballers would win more on a speedball field

plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 11:52am
yes of course, all scenario players guns are better then speedball players guns. this is the main reason u dont see a single milsim gun in pro teams. .  as ppl have stated, two completly different games. woodsball players own in the woods, speedball players own in the ....whatever feild u call it.
One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Eye Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 12:12pm

I think they just call it 'THE FIELD'

And I'm mil-simming my gun today wit the last bit of my cash Im getting a remote and a scope I want to but I want to keep my money too so I can buy Halo 2 but I've got till christmas before I get my b0x so I should be good

<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by PBallwarrior660 PBallwarrior660 wrote:

Y WOULD U WANT TO C THAT THE WOODS SCENARIO PLAYERS WOULD GET THERE A**ES WHOOPED BECAUSE SPEEDBALL PLAYERS NP HOW TO SLING IT AND THERE GUNS ARE FASTER AND ACCURATE.

I AM A SPEEDBALL/SCENARIO PLAYER I PREFER SPEEDBALL FOR ADRINALINE AND SCENARIO JUS TO WASTE SOME TIME AND HAVE FUN. I LIKE SPEEDBALL BETTR HONESTLY

scenario guns can be fast and acurate too no speedball gun can be more acurate than any woodsball gun can be plus if u dont get an adrenalin rush from scenario its time to go to a better one

chronzak View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 5:15pm
I think the speedballers would own very quickly and get most guys off the break.  Speedballers would have all the advantages and just kick ass.

ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 5:35pm
what are all the advantages you are talkin about and also how would they get guys off the break they really cant in normal games   i think it would be a really cool game to watch because the teams have alot of interesting skills to bring

midnightsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnightsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 11:07am
speedball and woods ball are totaly diffrent games.woodsball and scenario games are very fun but so isnt speedball.i think both teams would have a good chance.
Godhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 7:12pm

Me and some buddies that love paintball decided to make a 3 man team.... I am the only one without a Tippmann but the one has a 98C and the other has an A5.... I have a stock Spyder Victor ($50 at **edited**s) and we go up against a team of Angels and cocker's all the time.  We'll switch back and forth.... sometime we'll go the PB USA in Ft. Wayne, IN and play some speedball with them.... and sometimes they come to our neighborhood and play in the woods.  It goes back and forth... but the one thing i can tell you, our skill levels increase so much playing against those guys. there is an Angel that shoots like some-odd 23 BPS and that just kicks our ass.... but we are much more accurate shots than them and their support fire.... it's not the fact that we have a home field advantage.... sometimes it helps, but we all do it for fun.... and that's what paintball is right?

- Godhand, Hammer, Mac.

Godhand's theory on speedball... tuck, jump, shoot, and run like hell!
Godhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 7:28pm

I'm just thought of this cool game we played one time, it would be a great game for woodsballers and speedballers alike.  I forget what Nick called it, but there was this huge Hay field that was just a little more than waist high... there were 12 of us and we made 3 four-man teams. we went out into this field.... and just presumed to kick ass. there were a couple guys with fully auto guns that used a little technique i like to call "Spray and Pray." (speedballer style) Chris tagged some guys off with his Flatline (woodsballer style) and of course me and the other guys sniped cause they ganged up on us so we ended up taking out all 8 guys. but if you have a mix of speedballers and woodsballers.... try playing out in a Hay field... it's more fun than either combined... and if you want an adrenaline rush... how about 50 paintballs coming at your face?

Godhand's theory on speedball... tuck, jump, shoot, and run like hell!
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 8:28pm
I'm going to stirr the pot and say that the speedball players would dominate on the speedball field AND on the scenario field. Too many woods players are inexperianced or don't know how to work together as a team/communicate/support each other. Speedball give you a chance to practice these tactics more efficiently due to shorter games. I've seen ten good speedballers eat up as many as 70 recreational woodsball player without taking any casulties in scenario games. You take a team that's played with each other at least weekly for years and put it up against a bunch of guys(but mostly kids) who've never played together or have little experiance to begin with, the rec ballers eat paint. They can wear bright red jersies and the recballers can all be decked in ghille suits for all I care. Speedball team wins hands down. Now if you were to pit a well-seasoned scenario team against a well seasoned speedball team, well, it comes down to the experiance on that type of field and to the equipment.
Stewie View Drop Down

Giving a bad name to a great cartoon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 12:05am

Well the feild I go to is made up of mostly woods players and I go there with my team and some friends and we always own in the speedball and usaully will dominate in woods to most of the kids do not use very good technique when snap shooting or when moving from bunker to bunker were as I and my team practice this (or at least I know I do) often so my shapshooting still beats there laying down in the woods or on the speedball feild also in speedball angles are key and the same can be true for woods so I just use the same strategy and it works its all the same crap just a different pile

also what angel is it shooting 23 bps cause must be a really good one

Edited by Stewie

http://www.tippmanntorment.20megsfree.com/ check it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic