Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lighter Trigger Pull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPMANN P8NT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighter Trigger Pull
    Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:01pm

I just tried it, and I think I might just keep it this way...

It's nothing to new, but Iv never seen it posted. I took the stock, SHORT trigger spring out of my A-5 (I'm sure this would also work for both 98s) and replaced it with a spring I found in stander pin. I cute it down to size (making sure it was 1 or 2 rivets longer than the stock spring) and put it in the place of the of the stock SHORT trigger spring.

My trigger pull is SO MUCH LIGHTER, and the trigger still returns with more than enough time for the next pull.

If you have a double trigger, this will help even more-so.

Just so you know this CAN NOT cause any harm to your gun, but make sure it is only the SHOT trigger spring you change. I can't tell you what would happen if you where to mess with the LONG trigger spring, if you change either of them it cold cause damage to the sear and rear bolt.

"Caution, Lethal in large doses" www.freewebs.com/teamlethaldose

VolrathDaFallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VolrathDaFallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:03pm
wow dude gj i did that to my autococker and ur right it works great
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:08pm
this mods been around forever and posted 48754 times

Edited by jigglydude
TIPPMANN P8NT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPMANN P8NT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:12pm

I was sure it was, but iv been here over a year and have not seen it yet... Nothing wrong with bring up a little of the past

ps. Thx.Volrath. just sharing what little I know.

"Caution, Lethal in large doses" www.freewebs.com/teamlethaldose

PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:11am

Originally posted by jigglydude jigglydude wrote:

this mods been around forever and posted 48754 times

whos countin?

There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 11:17am
Sounds cool. I might try that with my 98c.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
chronzak View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 11:57am
a spring from what?
-BlAcK SuN- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BlAcK SuN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 1:19pm
stop the flaming increase the peace
What did paintballs ever do to you !!!use hollow metal balls!!! (shh they hurt more too
adam_98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 3:08pm

I have thats same thing when u r just pullin the tringger it feels light put when u actully shoot it it hasnt changed much for me.

Robert C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 8:05pm
just take out the stock spring and dont replace it.. you dont need it the trigger will still reset fine and the pull will be lighter.
drewguere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drewguere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:04pm

You need to have co2 in your gun if you don't have a spring in it though

Robert C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:54pm

^ and thats a problem why?

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 5:02am

Originally posted by VolrathDaFallen VolrathDaFallen wrote:

wow dude gj i did that to my autococker and ur right it works great

no, serious? wait you could just tke out the bolt and adjust the trig, also, i dont reccomend it, we dont want more cockers goin to the graveyard

Ashran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 9:22pm
A clciky pen spring works.... and the difference is almost negliable.  want a real nice trigger pull?
Polish the hell out of the sear,
paint thinner in both sides of the receiver and polish the trigger assembly.
polish all trigger pins
DO AT OWN RISK: shave a TINY bit from the top of the sear.
get a double trigger, shave off the middle bumb, and add atrigger stop.
2k4 Viking
SCM, MM
JMJ roller trigger
WAS 1.6 WAS eyes, WAS switch
Dye Minidrop
CP on/off
Matty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 5:21pm
wow this mod has been going for a while i did it on my 98c a year ago. u take out the stock spring, and take a spring from a clicky pen and cut it down the same size as the stock spring,and replace.
Fubu shirt-$30
Roca Wear sweatshirt-$50
Sean John hat-$20

realizing your white... priceless
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 6:37pm
 It actualy does very little once the gun is aired up and all. The sear spring has a lot to do with it also.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Travioli View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Behave or be gone (D4)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travioli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:38pm
i did that like after the second time i played with my 98c
red Halo B
Crossfire 68ci4500psi
14" Freak
Red to Black Alias Timmy

Cpl.Max View Drop Down
Guested: Greens eggs and spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cpl.Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 9:34pm
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
98 custom 16INCH thunder pig barrel double trigger e-bolt low pressure system comp air tank richochet apache crome regulator and sponsord by national paintball supply
paintballpunkGD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballpunkGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 9:51pm
so does it it shorten the pull or not, anlso benttwig33 says if you use the clicky pen spring mod + his own mod (replace sear spring with 3-4 dental rubberbands/ruberbands for braces) you get a really light pull and sum fast shooting
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 12:42pm
that sounds intrusting ^^^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic