Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

full auto 98custom( with no upgrades)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james_8997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: full auto 98custom( with no upgrades)
    Posted: 16 October 2004 at 11:52pm
what if if you removed the thing that catches and releases the bolt, and pull it back ( with a air source and paintballs) and release it. it will have nothing to stop it for the next shot therefore will keep fireing intell it runs out of gas.( or you catch it your self) keep in mind, i dont know if this will work or how fast it will fire.
98custom,
r/t
drop forward
j&j 12in.
empire reloader 2
double trigger
polished internals
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:13am
it will fire about 68 BPS, it will freeze your valve and chop every single ball that goes into it. Many people have tried this.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 8:39am
 I think that these posts and all "You can acctualy make your trigger pull lighter!" posts should be banned. I'm not trying to make fun of you James, but please do a search before posting an idea.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
james_8997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james_8997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:25am
ok, im sry
98custom,
r/t
drop forward
j&j 12in.
empire reloader 2
double trigger
polished internals
SuperXero View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Gay Slur, 5/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperXero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 11:21am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

it will fire about 68 BPS, it will freeze your valve and chop every single ball that goes into it. Many people have tried this.

I'm gonna try that....
Tenacious and Versatile
BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:31pm
there is come mod where you stick a small nail in teh sear or something that makes is f/a
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
littlebreadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebreadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 4:48pm
i have seen this alot an i know it dont work, but i saw a few weeks ago a new loader called the Q-loader that shoots 30ish i think it should be quick enough form the video they had it looks fast enough jus a idea
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:57am
Originally posted by littlebreadman littlebreadman wrote:

i have seen this alot an i know it dont work, but i saw a few weeks ago a new loader called the Q-loader that shoots 30ish i think it should be quick enough form the video they had it looks fast enough jus a idea

It's not new anymore, and no, it couldn't keep up with a runaway blowback. All you'd hear would be a loud buzzing noise as paint comes out the barrel like water from a hose... only brightly colored.

And no, the Cyclone is not going to go fast enough, either. People have tried that as well. It takes some modding to make a Cyclone go that fast.

Besides, you'd have to somehow catch the rear bolt or re-engage the sear... from the outside.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 7:26am

SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 12:47pm

it will fire about 68 BPS

Who has ever proved this? Just out of intuition of mechanical systems and continually studying and dynamically modeling them it seems impossible for a blow-back system such as the Tippmann to reach cycling speeds such as that.
Which falls faster, a lead ball or your IQ after reading some of these posts?

PSU Paintball

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:09pm
68 is an exagerration, but it will cycle around 40-50 in runaway.
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:20pm
Yeah, but who ever came up with that?

I just did some simple motion calculations and came up with the bolt accelerating at around 125Gs to acheive cycling speeds of 68CPS!!! At 40CPS the acceleration of the rear bolt would be about 43Gs!

Something just doesn't seem right there. Who has ever proved this?

PSU Paintball

whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:33pm
Call it the blenderizer.
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 8:28pm

yea i herd that if u stick ur thumb just behind the cock that it will shoot untill u move u finger BUT thats just wat i herd so im not sayin try it or nothin

Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 9:05pm
Sounds like a waste of money... A huge waste.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 11:05am

This will give you an idea of what will happen with the lack of resistance on the bolt.

If you bought an RT kit that came with the stiffer sear spring for your 98, put the stock sear spring in, crank of the RT and sweet spot it.

Runaway train at nasty rates of fire. 

Jim @ WAS just needs to get his anti-chop eye system finished or maybe Tippmann will do something with that Intimidator board they have and you'll see ROF increase for Tippmanns.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by SnakeEyes SnakeEyes wrote:

Yeah, but who ever came up with that?

I just did some simple motion calculations and came up with the bolt accelerating at around 125Gs to acheive cycling speeds of 68CPS!!! At 40CPS the acceleration of the rear bolt would be about 43Gs!

Something just doesn't seem right there. Who has ever proved this?

Math is math, why dont you just rip out the sear, let it fly, and record it in audio and count it yourself?
SnakeEyes View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnakeEyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 2:13pm
Math may be math, but math doesn't lie.

I don't have the equipment here to do sound recording and analysis. I am stating that it seems very far fetched and am asking who ever documented it at cycling that fast? I hear people saying blah blah blah 40cps, 60cps, but there is no concrete evidence that I have seen proving that a Tippmann really will cycle that fast. I am asking those of you who have claimed these speeds to support it with some facts. This is not an argument so much as it is inquiry.

Edited by SnakeEyes

PSU Paintball

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 2:19pm

For God's sake.  Patrick just threw a number.

Here ya go.  It will cycle at an unusualy high, yet undetermined rate of fire.

maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 3:25pm
Runaway 98. Completly stock except for polished internals.

Runaway98.wav

Same as above except at 6000hz.

I counted 17 cycles in .5 seconds, so 34cps.

The mic I have is really crappy which is why it sounds like it was recorded underwater.

EDIT: Sorry for blowing the thread out wide, I thought I had resized it small enough.

EDIT #2: I was using my PMI tank at the time which has an output of 900psi, so the results might be a little higher than with an 850psi tank. Once I get my other tank rebuilt I'll try it again and see if the results come out different.

Edited by maroon out
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic