Poll Question: Kerry Or Bush??
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
49 [37.98%]
80 [62.02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
waarp8nt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waarp8nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry Or Bush??
    Posted: 06 November 2004 at 12:05am

Well, they're also the group that insists that you can be forgiven for your sins without Jesus (it's possible to be a perfect Catholic and totally ignore Jesus).

All this by a man that they call Father .........better stop there or I'll be RC bashing too

Tippmann 68 Carbine
D-feed
X-core
Palmer Direct Stabilizer
Ricochet AK hopper
J&J 12" barrel
Y2K cradle/Drop
Trigger Mods

AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

That is the interpretation favored by many American protestant groups, but the (very old) RC church has always head that it prohibits masturbation and contraceptives.

Well, they're also the group that insists that you can be forgiven for your sins without Jesus (it's possible to be a perfect Catholic and totally ignore Jesus).

That, and they're the epitome of organized religion. They've become the stereotype for silly rules and dumb customs, and make a lot of Christians look bad. One of the things Enos says a lot is he hates being told what to do, and the Church does just that.

Not trying to bash on Catholics (I've been doing that some lately) but providing another perspective.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 11:23pm

Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

As I read the passage, Onan's sin was not in refusing to have a child, but in failing to fulfill his duty to have children for his brother-in-law (that's part of the old Jewish law).

That is the interpretation favored by many American protestant groups, but the (very old) RC church has always head that it prohibits masturbation and contraceptives.

xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam02001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 6:18pm
why did this end up being a religion thread?

Edited by xteam02001

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 5:54pm

It goes back to Onan. Spilling his seed upon the ground, etc.

Thank you. That's what I was referring to. As I read the passage, Onan's sin was not in refusing to have a child, but in failing to fulfill his duty to have children for his brother-in-law (that's part of the old Jewish law).

Of course, I'm not God. But the NLT says that "the LORD considered it a wicked thing for Onan to deny a child to his dead brother" (Genesis 38:10).That's the only one that clarifies to that extent, and it may be wrong. I don't know.

I do know that the Bible doesn't specifically state that masturbation is sin, and it also doesn't state that sex without the purpose of procreation is wrong (at least to my knowledge).

Edited by AdmiralSenn

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 4:33pm
It goes back to Onan.  Spilling his seed upon the ground, etc.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 4:21pm

Simple. Every sperm is sacred. Masturbation is a sin because it is not procreative. Therefore, all non-procreative sex is a sin. Therefore, having sex with a condom is a sin.

Been standard RC doctrine for decades/centuries.

Just because the Catholic Church says it's so doesn't make it so.

Masturbation in and of itself isn't mentioned as a sin in the Bible, but it's usually looked down on because it encourages the already hotly debated lu**edited**l thoughts.

I've never heard any part of the Bible that says every sperm is sacred. Non-procreative sex is specifically looked down on in one case (can't remember where, somebody in the Old Testament who was told to have a child and deliberately... well... missed).

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by roadrunner0535 roadrunner0535 wrote:

people r gonna hate each other cuz of this thread...or start a pm war...lol...just let this thread blow up

PM war?

Who does that?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 2:22pm

Simple.  Every sperm is sacred.  Masturbation is a sin because it is not procreative.  Therefore, all non-procreative sex is a sin.  Therefore, having sex with a condom is a sin.

Been standard RC doctrine for decades/centuries.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 2:17pm
I have no idea where the idea came up that condoms are a sin. Usually the objection is to extramarital sex, which is (durr) a big reason for buying condoms.

I don't like stupid people either. I hope the uber-extreme Christians are going to heaven, but they sometimes seem to be misguided. A lot.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

If you were in college you probably wouldn't last a month before you failed out.

I for the most part have the exact same values and moral convictions as Enos and I have been in more semsters of college then you have teeth in your mouth.

/me hands ball to you to for you to drop.

Exactly. Anyways, I think Enos would do very well at college, especially in a liberal one like I attended. I also enjoy great personal freedom without having organized religion tell me that I can't use contraception and that I have to comdem homosexuals, and that I can't eat fish on Fridays.

roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 6:56am
people r gonna hate each other cuz of this thread...or start a pm war...lol...just let this thread blow up
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 6:53am

gg Clark Kent...

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 2:50am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Didnt I make a suggestion a while back bout changing the topic heading on this thread and now you clowns are talkin bout religion....man this thread is gettin worse each day

I agree.

I am a christian and I follow their values, but c'mon this is pushing it.  Scarface, chill, on this forum religion is not something that plays a big role.  I do wish Enos and the rest would show Christianity a bit more respect as I do not press my values on him or others and I do not critizize people for their religion or for not having one, but thats up to them.

Lets just let this bloody thing die please.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 12:56am
Didnt I make a suggestion a while back bout changing the topic heading on this thread and now you clowns are talkin bout religion....man this thread is gettin worse each day
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2004 at 12:49am

If you were in college you probably wouldn't last a month before you failed out.

I for the most part have the exact same values and moral convictions as Enos and I have been in more semsters of college then you have teeth in your mouth.

/me hands ball to you to for you to drop.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 12:26pm

You are FUBAR.

I Dont know what Christian Sect you come from.... But I recall a rule, Do on to other as you would want them to do onto you, and I also recall god dis-likes hypocrites the most.

I slap you with the word.

Edited by *Stealth*
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 12:24pm

Really I haven't seenm him actually fully write out his morals and from what I've seen he still has yet to deny abortion is morally wrong and he favors the use of condoms. That seems pretty immoral if you ask me. Please all of you just go back into your little hole.

So according to your sect of Christianity, which in no way dominates the world, condoms are morally wrong. Whoop dee doo.

Why would he deny abortion as being morally wrong if he does not think that it is.(not to put words in your mouth CK)

The part in bold really cracked me up. Don't give me that nonsense, by asking you, I am actually only gettign an answer that has been pre-prgorammed into your mind by your church's beliefs.

Face the facts, you are not capable of thinking without the guidance of some priest.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 12:24pm

Really I haven't seenm him actually fully write out his morals and from what I've seen he still has yet to deny abortion is morally wrong and he favors the use of condoms. That seems pretty immoral if you ask me. Please all of you just go back into your little hole.

Ok, here are some of my moral positions:  I am in favor of the freedom of speech (radically so), I favor lots of contraception and the occasional unfortunate abortion.  Most of all, I favor an open mind.

Those are some of my positions.

Now, as I said before, they may differ from your moral positions, but that does not mean that I have no moral positions.  Different <> Zero.  To think otherwise is exceedingly narrowminded, and, in my mind, makes you no different from the people we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan right now.

Simply dismissing points of view that you do not agree with is narrowminded and foolish.

ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 12:22pm

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic