49 [37.98%]
80 [62.02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:41pm

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Clark Kent = KRL15

I'll take that compliment.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by paintbitter paintbitter wrote:

if kerry is against guns of all kinds, than i say

KERRY CAN SUCK **** FOR ALL I CARE

I can't believe I am even responding, but I can't help myself...

Kerry has made it quite clear that he is NOT anti-gun.  I don't know why people think otherwise.

*Copied from packrat toys*

This year, Kerry voted for Ted Kennedy's bill to ban all center-fire rifle hunting ammunition (Amendment 2619 to S.1805)

* In the 107th Congress, Kerry voted for the Schumer Amendment to use millions of taxpayer dollars to buy back legally owned firearms and destroy them.

* Kerry is currently a co-sponsor of S.1431, legislation to ban millions of semi-automatic shotguns and rifles. In fact his own bill would ban the very Remington 11-87 shotgun he recently posed with for the cameras in West Virginia.

* This year he voted to ban gun shows.

* In 1985, Kerry was one of only a handful of Senators to oppose the landmark Firearms Owners Protection Act.

* Kerry voted in the Senate to commend Rosie O'Donnell and the Million Mom march for their anti-gun efforts.

* In 1999, Kerry supported the Lautenberg Amendment S.254 to ban gun shows.

* In 1998, Kerry voted against the Smith Amendment to prevent the federal government from registering guns.

* In 1998, Kerry voted for the Durbin-Chafee Amendment to impose severe criminal penalties on a lawful citizen whose gun was stolen and used in a crime.

* In 1996, Kerry voted to kill the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

* In1994, Kerry voted to ban hunting in over a million acres of California desert S.21

* John Kerry has voted with Ted Kennedy on all but three Anti-gun bills.

* John Kerry has sided with Charles Schumer on all but one Anti-gun bills.

* John Kerry's voting record on guns is more anti-gun than Al Gore!

* John Kerry was given a F grade by the NRA on his stance on gun owner rights

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

My thoughts on Iraq and the mess over there:

From the information we had AT THE TIME, here were our choices:

1. Stay here, and we're right:
2. Stay here, and we blow it:
3. Go to war, and we're right:
4. Go to war, and we're wrong:

Look at the consequences of each option. The extremes of the decision were too great to hope that Saddam had nothing. 

While I can appreciate your structured approach to the problem, this is a really hideous oversimplification of cause, effect, and international relations.

Pascal's Wager only works in truly binary decision trees with equally binary outcome possibilities.  Neither applies in this case, so your analysis fails.

Clark Kent = KRL15 = robot.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by paintbitter paintbitter wrote:

I can't believe I am even responding, but I can't help myself...

Kerry has made it quite clear that he is NOT anti-gun.  I don't know why people think otherwise.

paintbitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:20pm

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 3:01pm

1. Stay here, and we're right:
2. Stay here, and we blow it:
3. Go to war, and we're right:
4. Go to war, and we're wrong:

Look at the consequences of each option. The extremes of the decision were too great to hope that Saddam had nothing. 

While I can appreciate your structured approach to the problem, this is a really hideous oversimplification of cause, effect, and international relations.

Pascal's Wager only works in truly binary decision trees with equally binary outcome possibilities.  Neither applies in this case, so your analysis fails.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:54pm
Dubya...enough said..

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:28pm

1. Stay here, and we're right: Saddam is no threat.

2. Stay here, and we blow it: Saddam has some hideous weapons system and kills a bunch of his enemies (Us, Israel, insert non-Muslim nations here).

3. Go to war, and we're right: Saddam has weapons and we find and destroy them, preventing a horrible catastrophe.

4. Go to war, and we're wrong: Everyone's pissed at us, we get Saddam out of power but have nothing really to show for it.

And a perfectly executed cover-up leaves exactly the same evidence as never having had anything to cover up. So for all we know, Saddam trucked a few tons of nuke material out of Iraq and sent it to North Korea.

I hope this gets through to SOMEBODY.

I thought of this, but never this way exactly.  Thanks, made me think some more.  I agreed with the war on Iraq for the most part.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:25pm

1. Stay here, and we're right: Saddam is no threat.

2. Stay here, and we blow it: Saddam has some hideous weapons system and kills a bunch of his enemies (Us, Israel, insert non-Muslim nations here).

3. Go to war, and we're right: Saddam has weapons and we find and destroy them, preventing a horrible catastrophe.

4. Go to war, and we're wrong: Everyone's pissed at us, we get Saddam out of power but have nothing really to show for it.

And a perfectly executed cover-up leaves exactly the same evidence as never having had anything to cover up. So for all we know, Saddam trucked a few tons of nuke material out of Iraq and sent it to North Korea.

I hope this gets through to SOMEBODY.

Edited by AdmiralSenn
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:21pm
?  The war part is over, we invaded and took a majority of control.  We are now policing while elections and what not go on.  We will be there for a long azz time until (assuming) they get all their crap under control.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:19pm
I think he means "the war on terror"...
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:19pm
Not anymore, atleast from waht i have read/heard.  The war part is over, we are now policing the country of iraq.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

I think a lot of people here support Bush because he likes guns more than Kerry.

That is something i feel strongly about, and posted earlier in this topic about, but i also think it is extremely stupid to just change leaders during the middle of a Millitary policing act, so the possiblity of everthing getting effed up is higher.

It's not military policing, it's war.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

I think a lot of people here support Bush because he likes guns more than Kerry.

That is something i feel strongly about, and posted earlier in this topic about, but i also think it is extremely stupid to just change leaders during the middle of a Millitary policing act, so the possiblity of everthing getting effed up is higher.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:16pm
Why do you say that?  Apart from his idiotic stance on the AWB (the same as Bush's), Kerry has come out pretty strongly pro-gun.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:13pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Barretm82 Barretm82 wrote:

AFDB Awareness:
Link

BAM!  Link forwarded to all my friends.  Thanks.

:)

Barretm82 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
will poop in your shoes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Minion Minion wrote:

I seems to me I must make myself more clear to our poor deluded barretm82. By the "world", I was refering to the governments and sane people of this planet (since Mars is a world also).

Had to quote this one for posterity sake.

I can honestly say In all the political debate I have ever had, I have never witnessed someone invoke Mars/Martians into the conversation, until now.

That was great, its good to see that there is a humours side to the Kerry supporters, or at least I hope your where joking.

Ahh Later;

(ps. If you want more information Minion, here is a website that should prove helpful for you. Follow the link below.)

AFDB Awareness:
Link

Edited by Barretm82
Minion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 12:24pm
Check this out for a new fuel source
Tell those Saudis to go to hell.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 11:44am
Originally posted by C.G.O. C.G.O. wrote:

Enos, you need to quit watching TV and smell the roses.

Bush is not a psycho, Saddam was, and where do get the idea that Bush attacked Iraq for no reason? I would like to know a war that America has fought or started for no reason(besides vietnam). Please explain and don't quote all that media junk. Also, when has Bush dropped a bomb over his own people for a weapons test? Bush is not a child killing, psycho, Saddam and Osama are, PEROID!

Besides, I thought us Americans already knew the media lies or gets lied to, so panic or whatever won't rise among the public during dangerous times. And...what do I mean by that... Right now, this war on Terror might look like a big blood thirst, but this war is way too underground to told yet. Who knows, maybe Saddam had missiles or nuke suit-cases planted or aimed at America? And if so, would you want everybody to know that World War III is in the hands of a terrorist? No way, it would cause huge international panic and economical crash!

I don’t want to start a fight with a Mod here, but you just popped your mouth off with nothing to back it up with. CGO out….

*EDIT* WOW! You said "frigging" maniac. What word does that mean...fruitcake with caps?? Sorry, are you a hypocrite or does this mean something else?

What the hell are you talking about? Did you forget some necessary medication?? (referring to that *edit* line)

Since when did iraq have a damned thing to do with the war on terror? Why is it that you pro-war lunatics always take opposing the pointless war in iraq as being "against the war on terror"?

Osama blew up our buildings, fine, find him and get rid of him. That much i support. I didnt have a problem with bush until he went to iraq, as i see it, obviously to divert attention away from our complete and utter failure to catch bin laden. Now that the truth is out, and everyone knows the entire "justification" for going to iraq was smoke and mirrors, i would expect more people to see reason.

If anyone needs to remove their head from their nether regions, its you. Since when is it americas job to bring freedom to other countries? Thats bunk. If they wanted freedom that bad, they would fight for it. Hell, we did. Referring to how much better off iraq is now is an after-the-fact ass-covering. I dont dispute that iraq is better off without saddam, but that does NOT excuse busting into some other country, blowing up the current government, and then pratting about saying how much better weve made the world. That is flat out not our right to do.

All weve managed to do in iraq is piss off half the known world, and get the terrorists even madder at us. As soon as we leave, there will just be another dictator. Those people just flat out dont care enough to want freedom. Sucks for them, but thats their problem.

If i was president:

Offer government grants to jumpstarting hydrogen and other alternative fuel technology
Tell the entire middle east to go to hell because we wouldnt need them anymore
Flat out walk away from the rest of the world. Screw em, let someone else be the jackass police of the world for a change.

China is going to take over everything eventually anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic