Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
49 [37.98%]
80 [62.02%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
B_Wet A-5 View Drop Down
im luvin my pecs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Wet A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:38pm
^^^ u his secretary???  JK
I need smallers sigs.
AVIATOR GANG
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by BigGun BigGun wrote:

Well go get a real job like the rest of productive society, Enos.

He does have a productive job and it is one-third completed.

BigGun View Drop Down
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:25pm
Well go get a real job like the rest of productive society, Enos.
A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:22pm
Hell hasnt been considered foul language for months now, kid. Im tired of trying to discuss things intelligently with someone as close-minded and aggressive as you.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Here are the undisputed facts of the case:

1. The taking of another independent life without cause is murder, which is and should be illegal.

I agree with your overall point, but the above is at best opinion, and most likely just simply incorrect.

This, of course, makes the abortion debate even more difficult.

No, it is mostly right.  Taking an independant life is murder and is illegal.

Murder in short is to unlawfuly kill. The deffinition of kill (as in to kill) is to deprive of life. Abortion deprives of life. However, it is not illegal, so you really can't call it murder.  Abortion is killing though, which violates one of the 10 commandments, which are great basic laws for any society, even if you don't like some of them.

Clark, I think that you type just to have a say in something. You rarely have a point. It is you that needs to be shot.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
BigGun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:17pm
Wow, strike one for Enos. Flaming. And continued foul language.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:11pm

AdmiralSenn is right, the religious bashing is getting annoying.

But they love to bash people who have morals and religious convictions, as if the things we do because of our faith just really pisses them off. Of course the things they do because of their lack of faith and religious convictions, are the things that make us question them. They hate that. They do'nt want to have to answer to anyone for what and who they are. Example: These kinds of people are the ones who support things like evolution even when it's been shown to be extremely faulty, and none of them can agree on it. They try to explain away a God.

Go figure.....perhaps they did come from apes.

Im not bashing christianity, im bashing your idiocy. I dont have a problem with god, its his fan club i cant stand.

You dont have a clue what i do or dont believe in (nor would you care, you seem much happier making things up), so i would thank you to kindly shut the hell up.
BigGun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:10pm

But they love to bash people who have morals and religious convictions, as if the things we do because of our faith just really pisses them off. Of course the things they do because of their lack of faith and religious convictions, are the things that make us question them. They hate that. They do'nt want to have to answer to anyone for what and who they are. Example: These kinds of people are the ones who support things like evolution even when it's been shown to be extremely faulty, and none of them can agree on it.

The tiered ignorance in this post is so staggering that even I am at a loss of how to best approach it.

Congratulations.

In other words you couldn't find anything to argue about in it, so you're trying to make me look stupid.

R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:05pm

But they love to bash people who have morals and religious convictions, as if the things we do because of our faith just really pisses them off. Of course the things they do because of their lack of faith and religious convictions, are the things that make us question them. They hate that. They do'nt want to have to answer to anyone for what and who they are. Example: These kinds of people are the ones who support things like evolution even when it's been shown to be extremely faulty, and none of them can agree on it.

The tiered ignorance in this post is so staggering that even I am at a loss of how to best approach it.

Congratulations.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:03pm

Can God make a rock to heavy for him to lift?

BigGun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 6:02pm

But they love to bash people who have morals and religious convictions, as if the things we do because of our faith just really pisses them off. Of course the things they do because of their lack of faith and religious convictions, are the things that make us question them. They hate that. They do'nt want to have to answer to anyone for what and who they are. Example: These kinds of people are the ones who support things like evolution even when it's been shown to be extremely faulty, and none of them can agree on it. They try to explain away a God.

Edited by BigGun
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Why don't they just settle for adoption instead of abortion?

A better question is why they dont settle for condoms or other birth control.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 5:57pm
Why don't they just settle for adoption instead of abortion?
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 5:31pm
teehee....enos's sig includes being against ohio...but enos.. its right next to indiana..you cant hate my home state...haha...ohio so owned kerry
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

1. The taking of another independent life without cause is murder, which is and should be illegal.

I agree with your overall point, but the above is at best opinion, and most likely just simply incorrect.

This, of course, makes the abortion debate even more difficult.

AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 3:36pm

Yes, you are right, all things can be boiled down to "attack" or "not attack". That is correct, but also completely irrelevant, which is my point, because failing to address those nuances completely destroys your causality.

Allow me to try another approach:

You state that if we don't attack, and Saddam does have WMD's, then general badness happens.   That is not necessarily true. Maybe we don't attack, Saddam does have WMD's but we were able to assassinate Saddam and his family, or we were able to enlist the aid of Al-Jazeera to persuade the Iraqi public to overthrow Saddam, or we changed our Israel policy and Saddam loves us, or one of a ZILLION other things happens to change your linear causality.

It isn't the breakdown that is the problem - it is your simplistic causal link.

We could also break the options down into "going to the bathroom" or "not going to the bathroom", and that would be just as helpful and accurate (which is to say, NOT), but also just as "true".

That is my point. I am not attempting to disagree for the hell of it - I am disagreeing because your structure is wrong.

*sighs*

Then change my statement to "take action" (meaning an attack or change regarding Saddam in any way). You know what I mean. We had to decide whether or not to go to war. That is the decision that everyone whines about. As I said, I'm not bringing up every possible scenario.

And yes, it is simplistic. If I made it any more complicated, the whiny little kids on this forum who just soak in the media's 'facts' without question would die in massive fireballs.

Once again, I question if people really have such a hard time understanding and/or agreeing with other people's viewpoints, or if it's just an excuse to nitpick and make a fuss.

And some of you guys need to chill with the religious remarks. This is getting out of hand, and more than a little offensive.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
SandMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

More like Rip Van Winkle AmIRite?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Well there is an assumed intelligence on the part of the reader to realize full freedoms within a context of not breaking anyone else's freedom. However, you are correct.

Therein lies the ever important, though hopelessly nebulous, dividing line... People could use that exact argument to promote the prohibition of cigarette smoking or alcoholic consumption - or even driving.

So supporting "full freedoms" as you define it is not a particularly meaningful stance. Just something to think about.
Real Men Love Cheeses
SandMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

More like Rip Van Winkle AmIRite?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Ive never liked abortion debates.

I dont like it, i wish people wouldnt do it. But im a libertarian, so
ill defend their right to do it as long as its not illegal.

Im also of the strong belief that banning abortions would just vastly
increase the amount of coathanger abortions and other stuff like that.

The problem is that neither side is bothering to base their arguments on fact. As per usual, they're riding mountainous assumptions and mindlessly deciding that everyone should fall in line with their beliefs.

2. There's not enough scientific evidence to forumlate a definitive legal standard for when, if ever, an embryo qualifies as an independent life.

People can yell taglines like "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice" at the top of their lungs for as long as they want. It does nothing to further validate their causes. Their sole cause is to force people to believe as they believe by repeating themselves.

"Pro-Life" makes a huge assumption that a life, as it is legally defined, is being taken.

"Pro-Choice" makes an equally huge assumption that they are NOT taking a life... One cannot legally choose to murder another person.

So here's my thing... Shut up about it (not you, Enos, pundits in general) and hit the lab. Leave the laws as they are until you have something more solid than "because I believe it to be so."

Real Men Love Cheeses
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 2:59pm

Bush won anyway

Kerry just decided to give up

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 2:54pm
Well there is an assumed intelligence on the part of the reader to realize full freedoms within a context of not breaking anyone else's freedom. However, you are correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic