Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new ideas for a bunker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecklesJ24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 5:56pm
take old blankets and place them on top of each other, then nail them to 2x4's on the shorter sides (rectangular blanket) and pull it really tight, and nail them between trees. and depending on how well, or if you understand my confusing explanation, paintballs wont go through, they'll bounce off because the blankets will absorb the impact. it works with any tightly woven fabric.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

semper fi.

Young Marines
-Master Gunnery Sgt.
thaY View Drop Down
This is my thingy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 6:17pm

Or take a big stinkin bed nail matress to top and use legs as supports

habubalo HUBUBALO hububalo is my word        my personal intrest would be finding my dream girl . by punpin her full of paint
Oh JoHn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oh JoHn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 6:33pm

use pallets (the things they put brickson), we use them and they work great, or nail tarps up against trees really tight

my "gats"
98 custom
evil driver barrel
expansion chamber
polished internals
and pt extremem jr and soon to come a phantom stockclass
GWAR6688 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWAR6688 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 6:28pm
me and bluemunkey42 built our own woodsball couse in my backyard. we use cinder blocks stacked like brick walls,wood stacks of choped up trees, a rlly kull stone wall bunker, big sheets of plywood, you can steal construction barrels from when they do road work nearby, road signs work great, fllaen down limbs from trees can be stacked up to make an exelent and sturdy bunker, go chopping down trees then you canuse the bulk of the tree to stack ontop of eachother, if u rlly wanna good scenario bunker go anywhere they are building houses and u can find used sheets of plywood and 2/4'rs to build the frames of houses and support em to trees, but whatch out for those possums, even tho they make great shooting galleries they never stop stareing u in the eye      grrrrr scary little critters for more ideas on fields and target ranges im me at GWAR6688.
98custom
r/t
double trig
14" extreme rage barrel

revy w/xboard
Mn-Sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mn-Sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 11:19pm
use anything and everything. me and my cousin used pallets to build walls for buildings and covered them with heavy duty plastic to keep paiont out. This works great for milsim cuz u can make rooms and crap out of them I thnk weve spent liek 40 bucks on our course. ill get some pics sometime.

HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2005 at 6:52pm
we dug a 5 foot fox hole out of clay in both bases on either end. then we took dead tree limbs and surrounded the fox hole. we later used crates after we got a trench on the inside of each base.
Because I can.
RedDragon44089 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedDragon44089 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 11:05pm

A while ago, I was thinking of ways to improve our woodsball course that my buddies and I play on, and thought of this quick, easy way to make bunkers. Well, by quick, I mean, it shouldn't take more than a day to make, if your not a lazy ass. Ok, first, dig a four or four and a half foot deep hole, whatever your preferance for how deep you want the hole. Then, get one of those small, hard-plastic kiddy swimming pools, and flip it over the top of the hole to be the walls and ceiling. Cut an entryway in the back of the pool, and some spots in the front to shoot out of. Of course, most of these pools won't blend in too great with a woodsball arena, so I suggest piling dirt or brush or whatever around or on it to act as camo. Or, you could actually paint a camoflauged pattern on the pool itself, which is what I do to my tree stands that I make. With a little ingenuity, I think this could potentially work very well as a bunker.          ; ;

Edited by RedDragon44089
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 9:22am
yeah really, me n gwar dont like that damn possum in our field. tables, barrels, sheets of plywood, nething works.
Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 3:10pm
dig a hole and put a board over it then put grass and stuff over the board and hide in it u can pop up and shoot then duck back down,no one will know where you are.just hope no one runs over the hole,but with a strong board you shouldnt have a problem.^^^ just pop the stupid thing with a .22 lol
signature
JacBacpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 7:33pm
omg use your imagination, is it relly that hard 2 think of a way 2 make a bunker
FLATLINES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T BE AFRAID OF BALLZ!
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 11:58pm
at one of the fields I go to, the owners took a bobcat and dug trenches all over the field.  other than that, good sized scrap plywood, screws and 2x4s, make them strong.  tires are great too, but i haven't tried the pallets.  spindels that have been used for cables and what not are great to have.  electric companies usually have them laying around.
It sucks being antisocial alone.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 12:19pm
 I have natural sinkholes that cover up like a 5 by 5 foot area and are about 4 foot deep. Also while I was thinking, if you get like 5 people to work on your course then you should consider getting about 35 big garbage bags full of leaaves and make pyramids or tall triangles. I've done the triangle ones, and they work pretty well as long as you aren't like 6'5.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Cerebellum'd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cerebellum'd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 12:38pm
 Me and a friend did this. You know those wooden panels called fruit crates? We used three of those in a /-\ shape and it works great!
x-mo-x View Drop Down
strike 3, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-mo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:25pm

Hey bud good topic. look the best thing is plywood and your own imagination. 

I live in Gatineau Quebec Can. and get a good wooden area with closse quarter wood and a good open place and build your self a small citie vith only plywood. the endless stuss you can do in a feild like that is crazy!!! thats what i did with a bunch of friend and we havent got sich of it yet havent mouved a thing in 2 years. So get your self some plywood from anywere dont need to be all spiffy and stuff just scrap plywood and go for it knock your self out to build anything in your mind!!!

Eyes up this one's for you!!! Brought to you by the Canadian Guy!!!
x-mo-x View Drop Down
strike 3, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-mo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by SpecklesJ24 SpecklesJ24 wrote:

take old blankets and place them on top of each other, then nail them to 2x4's on the shorter sides (rectangular blanket) and pull it really tight, and nail them between trees. and depending on how well, or if you understand my confusing explanation, paintballs wont go through, they'll bounce off because the blankets will absorb the impact. it works with any tightly woven fabric.

very very very good idea!!!! not good in canada tought cryters eat the damn thing!!! lol but its good!!

Eyes up this one's for you!!! Brought to you by the Canadian Guy!!!
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 5:16pm
Plywood.

Also go to your local cable company and tell them you'll take their big spools for free. They usually have to pay someone to take it away for them.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Cerebellum'd Cerebellum'd wrote:

Me and a friend did this. You know those wooden panels called
fruit crates? We used three of those in a /-\ shape and it works great!

more commonly known as palets(sp?) and you have to cover the holes with something else youll get shot thru the bunker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 11:30am
o ya btw if thers any houses being built around ur place, go dumpster diving and graba few sheets of ply wood, i do it all the time and half my field is made out of it
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 2:08pm
if u build the palets, try going to k-mart and asking the manager if you could have some of the outdoor sale signs(the signs they put out along the streets durring big sales).  and i am sure those signs could stop a paintball.  and if they don't give them to ya, just go and pull them outta the ground...saves them the trouble of having to pick them up.  and they don't seem to care if they disapear.  but i staple the signs to the palets and you have a solid wall.  the signs are made of a plastic cardboard.  so they'll work great if they have somekind of support behind them. 
It sucks being antisocial alone.
AceOfSpades21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AceOfSpades21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2005 at 8:52pm

What we do is dig fox-holes and stack logs around it.

By doing this you make yourself a smaller target since your partialy under ground.................this realy works>>>>>>BASTOGNE<<<<<<

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic