Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hand guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: what should i do
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [6.52%]
1 [0.72%]
55 [39.86%]
9 [6.52%]
64 [46.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:54pm
I love my Zeus G1, it is very acurate, will get 20+ shots per 15gr co2.

Edited by stanley2
Saludos
Tippmann 98C
DOP Bullet Drop 2522 Black
DOP Rocket Cock II
DOP 98C RVA
Tippmann VA
DOP X-Core
J&J Pro 1 12" Barrel
Polished Internals
9oz 12oz 20ozCO2 and 47ci 3000psiHPA
Zeus G1
shiftykyle101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiftykyle101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:57pm
how many shots does that squal hold?
stanley2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stanley2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:52am

It holds 10balls, so you get to shoot 2 loads per co2 cartridge, I usually use it as a backup, but have played with it as main, you have to make every shot count, it is great to see peoples faces when you mark them in one shot!!

Edited by stanley2
Saludos
Tippmann 98C
DOP Bullet Drop 2522 Black
DOP Rocket Cock II
DOP 98C RVA
Tippmann VA
DOP X-Core
J&J Pro 1 12" Barrel
Polished Internals
9oz 12oz 20ozCO2 and 47ci 3000psiHPA
Zeus G1
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 9:57am
u shouldnt get a pistol bcuz backup guns in play are useless. if you need more paint or air just get a viewloader belt or something the kind that holds bothc paint tubes as well as air canisters
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:00am
Well you can actually fit 1 into the breach plus 11 in the clip if you want without probs. If you don't want to run 12 grms all the time you can have PPS mount a bottomline or a rear bottle adapter and you can use a 3.5 oz tank. Which gets you about 300 shots maybe a few more.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:34pm
if you are like me and dont have alot of money to buy teh squall you get the Armotech Zeus!!!!
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Juno Trevan Juno Trevan wrote:

Ya'll are too harsh on these guns. You have to understand that while many things are not good for tournament play, there is a much wider world of paintball out there. Think scenarios for example. There are many many people who enjoy having these guns just to have them, and many many people actually use them in the field too. There is a crowd that appreciates some older designs.

ther not guns ther markers
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 12:20am
well "marker" is the P.C. word for an air powered gun that shoots a gelatin projectile that is filled with a glycol based paint, to tag, mark or show a non-lethal kill on your opponent. Because the game of paintball has started going mainstream, things have changed and to be accepted we have had to become politically correct. Ok that is my little rant.

-C.S. Lewis
Vassili Zaitzev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassili Zaitzev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 1:24am
ok here it is.. u shoudl spend ur money on upgrading ur tippmann.. pistols are practically useless when going against players with autocokers or intimidators or even tippmanns.. i have 2 freinds that both bought the delt .68 , after one year of play with it.. my one friends delta .68 had broken a seal or somthing inside the pistol.. he however has an excuse for getting a pistol ( he owns a phantom and needs the pistol for close combat). my other frinds pistol isnt doing to well either. aire leaks, balls break.. and he doesnt use it much because hes got an electric gun.. on the other hand the delta .68s look super cool especially when the paintball clip is taken off (looks almost like a desert eagle.. the right size as one too ) but it just isnt worth it.. best to take the 150 or 200 dollars and put it on ur 98.. much more worth it.. im glad i didnt buy a pistol. well hope that tells u alittle bit
Tippmann A-5
32* Car Stock
32* Remote Line
Tippmann Flatline
ADCO 30mm Red Dot Sight
Harris folding L-Bipod
Ghillie Suit
One Shot... One Kill!
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 5:16pm
Vassili Zaitzev like I posted earlier, if you have not yourself played with a pistol you can't make a real opinion cause you have no experience in both areas of play. It is all preference.

-C.S. Lewis
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 2:04am

I'm getting either a Delta .68 for Christmas, or, if not, I'll buy the new Ariakon pistol. I've played in maps where a pistol would be much more convenient than a flatlined, stocked 98. I can fight with a weapon that size in any terrain in a pinch, but my local field, for instance, has a maze with 8 foot walls where something as small and versatile as a pistol is a big benefit... Plus there's a lot of intimidation value in carrying a sidearm. ;)

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Vassili Zaitzev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassili Zaitzev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 2:53am
mobius... i know i dont use them all the time.. but i have played with them.. my a5 waws acting up so jared (myfriend) gave me his phantom and his pistol, i got into a spot where all i got to use was the pistol and let me tell u .. anything beyond maybe 40feet + .. very inacurate.  but my friends own them and they tell me.. there are two different side to it.. if u have the money and u really think that  a pistol as a backup over ur tippmann will work then by all means go for it.. but i persoanlly and my one friend wish he never got it.. although it is nice to have pistol wars.. those are fun i must say.. but me PERSONALLY.. i wouldnt get one
Tippmann A-5
32* Car Stock
32* Remote Line
Tippmann Flatline
ADCO 30mm Red Dot Sight
Harris folding L-Bipod
Ghillie Suit
One Shot... One Kill!
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 12:37pm
Vassili the accuracy of the spyder clone pistols maybe questionable. Though a pistol like my Squall which is a Typhoon but with a 12 gram quick change built into the gun is every bit as efffective. It has a the same range and better accuracy than my cocker, just like a standard Typhoon does. There are other pistols out there that are like that also, like the Pug and PGP. Don't believe me email Glenn Palmer or Craig Palmer yourself they will and can back that up. Or go to the POG forum and and ask any Squall owner there. I also have a Delta .68 and you are correct it's range and velocity are are and questionable. That is why I have a Squall, because it is a modified and shortened version of the Typhoon. I have no problem playing stock class style against other players sporting tippmanns, cockers, spyders, or electros. Especially when my buddy and I play together and he is using his stock class phantom. Because our gear is so light we can move swiftly, stealthily, and easily. This allows us to out manuever and out flank our opponents. It is very effective. If you are ever in MI near Detroit let us know and we can show you how to play stock class style. You will learn a lot.    

-C.S. Lewis
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 11:05am
Gotta love PPS Brass

-C.S. Lewis
Eyeball98c View Drop Down

Guested - Complete immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eyeball98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 11:26pm
this post is like...a year old. lol
Save our planet by helping conserve oxygen......go kill yourself
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 10:51am
nah, just about 2 months old

-C.S. Lewis
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 1:52pm
 Mobius, since when is a squall considered a pistol? Where I come from your squall is considered a stock class pump, not a pistol at all. I'm not banging on you just don't make apple and orange comparisons. Your gun is in the same class as a Phantom and they are'nt pistols.
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 6:49pm
Yes they are pistols, it is a semi-auto pistol, based off the typhoon platform. The Pug on the otherhand is a stock class pump.

this is my Squall, please tell me where you see a pump handle. Looks like to me there is a ram there, if I showed you the other side you would see a rock reg., and if I took the grips off the pistol you would see a quickswitch 3-way.

If you go to the Palmer website and look under Typhoons you will see the Squall. If you look under Pumps you won't see a Squall but you will see the Pug. I have provided the link for you.

Palmer Pursuit Shop

Edited by mobius_1

-C.S. Lewis
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 10:43pm
Sorry, you are right. Thanks for the link and the education. The one I shot must have been a houndstooth.  
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 9:40am
Liquid3, no problem and your welcome. Palmer products are very well respected in the paintball world, but not a whole lot of people actually now what Palmer has to offer.

-C.S. Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic