Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hand guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: what should i do
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [6.52%]
1 [0.72%]
55 [39.86%]
9 [6.52%]
64 [46.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hand guns
    Posted: 05 December 2004 at 11:38pm
if dont think i should buy a pistol then please explain y b/c i cant think of any reasons not to thanx
it isnt practice makes perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect
and allways remember chicks dig scars
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 12:06am
the reason i dont think you should get a pistol is that they are largely useless in normal play. think about it, compaired to a normal marker, a pistol is inacurate, doesnt hold that many shots, and needs co2 changes too often. if you are looking for a backup gun, you might as well buy another 98
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 12:29am
i used my zeus allmost exclusivly at night be i will just say i was short on cash......
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:57pm
Pistols are fun just because they're pistols. I'm a big advocate of the out of the ordinary armory.
It is the strong that make the weak.
LiLTippmann Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiLTippmann Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 5:07pm

Well said WARMONGER83

I would save money for my Tippmann. Pistols are good in weight and size, but they are inaccurate (as said above), useless (as said above) only holds about 10 shots!!, needs a Co2 change way too often. are you looking for a backup gun? Well if u r, then get a gun besides a hand gun!!!!

Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 8:40pm

zeus

AdraiVII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdraiVII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:51pm

If you really need more accessories for your 98 Custom I would say do that first, because what's a backup sidearm without a decent primary gun?

However, if you want to go the other route, get a PGP. Forget the PTXtreme! Forget the Delta .68! The PGP will save you much more $$ and fustration. Plus, the PGP is more accurate and durable.

On the other hand, if you absolutely NEED a semi pistol, get the Zeus G2+! It costs around $125 but it is worth every cent. Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT settle for the PTXtreme or Delta .68!

Most importantly, I hope you make the right decision that you will later on benefit from! Happy 'ballin!

Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 10:04pm
Get the ACP by ariakon. Since all the ariakon markers are great, why should this be any different. Go to their website www.ariakon.com and check it out for yourself.
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 2:38pm
Ya'll are too harsh on these guns. You have to understand that while many things are not good for tournament play, there is a much wider world of paintball out there. Think scenarios for example. There are many many people who enjoy having these guns just to have them, and many many people actually use them in the field too. There is a crowd that appreciates some older designs.
It is the strong that make the weak.
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 1:12am
A couple of my buddies carry pistols. Innacuarate at long range sure, but just fine short range. And those things have saved their butts several times. Go for it. I reccomend a Zeus. Thats what they carry. 
You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 11:42am
Get a PGP, or if you can find on, a PSC
Slimz.357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slimz.357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 12:01pm
PGP or the New zues, but finish upgrading your 98 first.
"If you make it idiot proof, they'll make a better idiot."
REQUIRED READING
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 10:39pm
You dont need any more upgrades for your 98 how much have you spent on it allready. No im bein serios this time i dont think you need a pistol that bad, but you 98 allready has enough bad stuff on it
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 9:15pm
Don't call a paintball pistol a hand gun
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 10:56pm

Had a Sidekick Semi-sent it back due to velocity variation problems.

Had a PT Extreme-modified the heck out of it (replaced mainspring, fixed valve, made own ball detent, added aftermarket barrel, upgraded sights, fixed valve again, added dual 12g system, fixed valve another time, modified velocity adjuster, modified magazine, fixed valve one more time) then I sold it.

Lessons learned:  (Keep in mind these are only my personal opinions based on my experience.)

I really didn't need a pistol.  That said, I will get another one eventually just for the fun of it.  When I first got it my plan was it would be for close range surprises.  I used to crawl a lot on the field to get eliminations.  (Sneak in close, fire one shot per elimination, then leave.)  While doing this I encountered several situations where a pistol would have been handy.  Usually these were situations where members of the other team passed near me, but not in my field of fire, due to a combination of factors such as marker length and the cover/concealment I was using.  In these situations I thought it would be handy to have a pistol that I could just snake out of the holster and fire easily in any direction if necessary.  Once I bought the PT this opportunity never presented itself again.  (Murphy's law probably has something to do with that.)  I did use the pistol by itself for three separate games.  I did fairly well twice and ended up being chased around a large bush by a little kid while I was trying to reload the other time.  He did eliminate me on the fifth or sixth lap by the way, but it was still fun.

I recommend a pistol with an enclosed CO2 chamber and an O-ring equipped cap.  If the 12 gram doesn't seat correctly, the chamber should still hold pressure.  Additionally, I wasted a lot of 12 grams because of my adjustable quick release on the PT.  12 grams come in slightly different sizes and you don't always realize that one won't fit until after you've pierced it.  Also the "adjustable" part of the quick release didn't stay adjusted where I wanted it and caused me to waste 12 grams. 

I recommend a removable barrel, but only because they are easier to clean.

I do not recommend an aftermarket barrel.  I considered my PT to be only for emergency use at close range when I bought it.  The after market barrel I bought for it was unimpressive and upon reflection I did not need it.

When I get another pistol, the only upgrade I will consider will be handgrips.  If it is an emergency (which is what it would be purchased for) I sure as heck don't want to drop it when I need it most.

Make sure the sights don't interfere with quickly getting it out of the holster.  (The stock PT front sight was bad for this.  It was also higher than the rear sight which meant when the sights were properly aligned on target I was shooting the ground.)

Practice with it; and I don't just mean standing target practice.  I recommend not using the sights at all.  Shoot the pistol enough that you can just point and pull the trigger and the paint breaks where you want.  Practice drawing from every conceivable position (standing, kneeling, crawling, etc) and shooting in every possible direction until you can draw and hit any target within 15 feet without even having to think about it.  I suggest practicing from all positions so you have a chance in worst case scenarios.  I picked 15 feet for two reasons; because the tactical pistol instruction I went through identified that as the average range for most pistol encounters and also because as others have mentioned, most paintball pistols are not all that accurate.

One last thought.  In the cover I usually chose to play in, opponents beyond 15-20 feet aren't likely to notice me.  I would be ready with the pistol if I couldn't get my 98 on target without attracting attention, but I wouldn't fire unless I had to.  It's better to let your target get a little farther away, then get a better position on them with the 200 rounds available in your primary marker.

Oh yeah.  Have fun.

Laquesha Iekwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laquesha Iekwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 2:01pm
im not all that serious a player and im fine just gettin stuff for my 98, i dont really need a pistol
watermelon
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 7:18pm
I love my Palmer Squall!! It has been the best marker I have ever purchased. It is a pistol size version of the Typhoon. Here is a pic of my Squall

It is expensive, $640, but has the same range as my cocker, with better accuracy. Like the Typhoon and the Autococker it uses a automated cocking system to fire from a closed bolt position then cycle another ball into the chamber. Palmers also makes the Pug which is a pump pistol, it's kinda like a PGP on steroids. It runs for like $350.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

the reason i dont think you should get a pistol is that they are largely useless in normal play. think about it, compaired to a normal marker, a pistol is inacurate, doesnt hold that many shots, and needs co2 changes too often. if you are looking for a backup gun, you might as well buy another 98

agreed, except u should get more stuff for ur 98, not get a new 1

novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
mobius_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobius_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 12:33pm
I will have to disagree with you, if you haven't actually played with a pistol then you have no room to make a judgement on pistol play. I effectively use my Squall as my main gun all the time and have a blast. It is like using a stock class pump in a way, due to the fact of using 10rnds and 12grms, except with a semi. It is especailly effective if you have a good pistol like the Squall, the Pug, or a PGP.
"Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron."

-C.S. Lewis
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:38pm
i would just save for upgrades on the 98. but if you insist on buying a pistol the zues from armotech are the best
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic