Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

impulses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 10:44pm
i have a lot to say about them, to sum it all up in one word...

tall

WWBDD?

Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 7:40am
welll you can change the feed neaks, ether than that i dont think they are really tall, they are compaired to some but i dont mind the tallness
Mag shooter
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by DRAGON DRAGON wrote:

Get an Imp......mine weighs 3.5lbs so whoever you heard that from needs to lift weights more often. You can use C02 or N2 with an Imp. Most other medium to high end markers cannot make that claim. There are a gazillion upgrades available for them. If you shot mine you would say, "To die for". Don't listen to the broken record comments made by some on these boards about Impulses. They make the exact same whimsical asinine comments in about every thread posted about the Pulse -

A gazillion upgrdes eh? What does that say about the marker as a whole?

And as mentoined before, you could indeed die for an impy, if only by jumping off the top, or having it drop on you.

And why wouldnt other makrers be able to run off co2? My viking can, as can most other high end markers. Its just recomended that you use nitrogen to keep up with the rate of fire most markers can make.

Agreed, Also Impys ARE not the only Markers that can use co2 and HPA. Alias Timmys can also use Co2 but it is not reccommended. In the BL owners manual it says you can use HPA OR CO2 but you must use a remote or some type of expansion extension. So yes you Dragon are wrong. Also I have owned the the Impy and I can tell you it is a heavy POS. The fact is you can buy a much more reliable and alot lighter gun and not have to deal with all the problems that Impys have. Everything is wrong with Impys. Thier heavy, unreliable, extreamly uneffcient in gas, need tons of upgrades to make it anywhere near good, the eye system is poop, the gun is to tall, and the aluminum is made of swiss cheese. To the person who started this thread don't make the same mistake I did, Buy a good high-end gun.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 9:53am

Originally posted by impulse4life impulse4life wrote:

impys are sick i own 3 but go for the rat jr and trick it out.......and no it isnt heavy

Its not heavy huh. Well I thought the same thing until I tried other guns and let me tell you compared to mags, Alias and Empire Timmies, Angels and other high-end guns the Impy is very heavy. Go try those guns and then come back and tell me the Impy isn't heavy. I tried a fully loaded Alias TImmy(Halo Bloader and 88 HPA tank) before I bought mine  and it was still lighter then my impy fully loaded and My Impy had a smaller tank and a smaller loader.  

Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 11:53am
ok scarface22 really why would so many people have impy an recomend them if they suck so bad? , you need to work out if you think they are heavy, yes they are heavy compaired that the 1000 + guns, and swiss chess, hmmmm never heard of that complaint about these marker, only about the shocker. Also the eye system is poo, i dont under stand that can you please explain how the "eye system" is poop
Mag shooter
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

..........Everything is wrong with Impys. Thier heavy, unreliable, extreamly uneffcient in gas, need tons of upgrades to make it anywhere near good, the eye system is poop, the gun is to tall, and the aluminum is made of swiss cheese. To the person who started this thread don't make the same mistake I did, Buy a good high-end gun.

This is some of the broken record statements I posted about. If you look at his past posts I'm quite sure he C&P's these responses lol. BTW FYI........an Impulse is a mid range marker not even close to the price of most Timmy's, DM4's, ect -

It's obvious that the only reason these phonographs are posting in these threads is because of a deep set prejudice about a law suit that essentially turned out to be nothing at all. None of the nightmares proclaimed by these Smart Part flamers ever came true. Anyone with the slightest bit of intellect could see through this repetative negative asinine jumble lol -
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 2:24pm
So many people reccomend them huh...well in this thread alone more people have reccomended not to get the Impy and have told you straight out that they are a POS. Also most of the people who said this are former owners of Impy's including me. I think they would know better then anyone how much of a true POS impys are. Why do people buy them, one word HYPE. Lets repeat this again since it seems you have trouble listening to people...its calles HYPE!!!! Smart Farts leads people to believe that Impys are SOOOO great yet the truth is they are one of the worst and cheaply made guns on the market. I don't know how you could have never heard of the Impy being made of Swiss Cheese aluminum. The Alumuinum is about the cheapest quality anything can be made of. The threads strip like crazy and one little wrong move and opps there goes the threading now i have to dump tons of money to get it helicoiled or send it to SP and wait 10 months to get my Impy back. The Solnoid is "jerryriged". That along with the lack of an LPR will eventually lead to a total solnoid blow out. Notice though that all the high-end guns come with good solnoids, good boards, and an LPR. The Impy Trigger is poop and it is either to long or to stiff also SP is so cheap they can't even make the trigger adjustable you have to dump $40 down the toilet to get an adjustable trigger. The max flo is poop and can't recharge fast enough, this leads to constant FSDO which has never been solved by the "brianiacs" at Smart Parts. None of the internals are delrin and the aluminum guts lead to bad gas effciency and severe wearing of the breech. The eye system of SP is a freaking joke and its not secret that it only works half the time its on. The Eyes are made to detect the dropping motion of the paintball which is one of the problems. All the other GOOD eye systems are made to detect the ball in the breech not while its dropping into the breech. Also SP trashy eyes are reflective not break beams. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that dark colors absorb light. Well it seems that the people at SP were to dumb to fiugure this out. They used a reflective eye that doesn't work when dark paint is being used. The laser shoots out and instead of bouncing back and telling the gun that there is a paintball in the breech the laser just gets absorbed into the paintball. I would never buy another POS like an Impy and I would never recommend anyone wasting any amount of money on a POS like a Smart Farts Impy.

Edited by ScarFace22

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 2:26pm

It's obvious that the only reason these phonographs are posting in these threads is because of a deep set prejudice about a law suit that essentially turned out to be nothing at all. None of the nightmares proclaimed by these Smart Part flamers ever came true. Anyone with the slightest bit of intellect could see through this repetative negative asinine jumble lol -

Or as I said before So many people reccomend them huh...well in this thread alone more people have reccomended not to get the Impy and have told you straight out that they are a POS. Also most of the people who said this are former owners of Impy's including me. I think they would know better then anyone how much of a true POS impys are. Why do people buy them, one word HYPE. Lets repeat this again since it seems you have trouble listening to people...its calles HYPE!!!!Asinie or maybe its just the truth..the truth that you can't handle.

Opossum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opossum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 5:01pm
Well i personally dont like impulses, one kid that i play with has one and it is nice its shoots pretty fast. Ive shot it a few times, personally i didnt like it at all. He got it from our "pro shop" (they're a joke) and spent an arm and a leg to get it along with some upgrades, and if you ask me, he overpayed for what he got. I mean its fast but not that fast, and like i said it feels weird when you shoot it. So if it were me who was getting a new gun i would either go with a bladed cocker, or a ICD gun of some sort.

The buddy system is essential to your survival; it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 5:43pm
ok this tippmann fourm thing is the ONLY one i have been on that hated them So much, i dont know why, and metle bolt  the one i saw the basic impy has a derlin bolt. none the less are you saying that my proshop is lieng to me?, that other people from other fourm are miss leading me?... then let me ask you think what marker/gun should i get that is in thr CANDIAN price of 550?
Mag shooter
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 7:23pm

The Impy comes stock with a aluminum bolt unless you find a site that is giving some special deal and is selling an Impy with a delrin bolt. Why do people hate them so much here, as I said before almost all the people who are telling you the Impy is a bad gun are people who have had first hand experiences of just how bad the Impy is. The only person in here who is really pro-Impy is Dragon.

gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by Gumbe02 Gumbe02 wrote:

ok scarface22 really why would so many people have impy an recomend them if they suck so bad? , you need to work out if you think they are heavy, yes they are heavy compaired that the 1000 + guns, and swiss chess, hmmmm never heard of that complaint about these marker, only about the shocker. Also the eye system is poo, i dont under stand that can you please explain how the "eye system" is poop

weird.. i held the vision impy at my local store and it felt lighter than my old dm4..

Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 8:23pm

hahahah your a joke kid, the people promoting them are the guy that own them,

Mag shooter
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 9:08pm

SP offers a delrin bolt.  Not sure if they come on stockers but shops may use take-offs on "aftermarket" guns that guys want nd bolts etc. for and put them on stock guns that they sell.

here's one i picked up today for tomarrows eye test session. At 1 1/8 ounce it checks in pretty light for a full length bolt.  Can't wait to weigh it after I hack the back off.

Edited by Lightningbolt
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 2:58am
Watch where you cut that bolt off at. You prolly noticed it but there is a set screw inside that holds the spring and detent in and if you cut it forward of that it'll ruin the bolt. Gonna make a stubby eh?
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 3:40am
Originally posted by KaptainKickAce KaptainKickAce wrote:

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

How does an aftermarket body make the gun faster Arikon?

It can help to make it cycle faster IF the bore is smoother.

And even though alot of you hate smart parts they still make really good stuff. And I'm sorry but they had a right to go after AKA and trust me I love AKA they make good stuff too.

I love my Imp and I still have alot of stuff to do to it...alot

ok are you talking about the solenoid cycling or the bolt cycling, cause the solenoid cycling is toal irelivant to the frame, and getting a new frame, if better will help the bolt cycle sooooo little it wouldnt be worth 10$. also the smothness of the inside is determined by lube, not the inside of the gun, all gun are generaly pretty smoth.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 6:50am

Watch where you cut that bolt off at. You prolly noticed it but there is a set screw inside that holds the spring and detent in and if you cut it forward of that it'll ruin the bolt. Gonna make a stubby eh?

Thanks for the tip.  I've already hacked an ND bolt and they're pretty much the same at the back.  I had time to cut the SP bolt last night and cut it tighter than my ND.

Off for the eye test.  Be back with vids later.

FalloutMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PRESIDENT: Tom Kaye Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Gumbe02 Gumbe02 wrote:

alot of people own KIA's and geo's too. and my 200 dollar mag was lighter than my $700 impulse. reflective eyes are used in smart parts guns, most other guns use breakbeams which are more reliable.

ive owned an impulse
ive owned a freak kit
ive owned a maxflow tank
i sold the impulse
i sold the maxflow tank
the freak kit sits in my closet because i cant sell it locally because of all the other people that have owned smart parts products make it so noone will buy them anymore.

and you would wonder why i dont recommend impulses?
"They were convicted in federal court of pennsylvania for a telemarketing scam involving invention and patent fraud."
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 11:53pm
So are you saying that not having an eye at all is better than a reflective eye or just trying to find a little nitch to poke at SP about? How is a breakbeam eye system more reliable?. Do the reflective eyes tend to break down more often or something? The only advantage of a breakbeam eye over reflective is that it has a greater threshold to black paint than a reflective eye. That has nothing to do with reliability but more to do with having a better response to black paint. I suppose if that is the case it can be simply resolved by not using black paint lol -

As far as buying and selling markers goes, in case you didn't notice, a lot of people buy markers and sell them because they get old, don't like them or in general want to move on to something else. So 'NEWS FLASH', you selling your Imp is not an isolated case as you so illusively portray it lol. Everybody wants a Freak kit, if you haven't sold it chances are you're asking too much for it. Put it up in the BST forums at PBN and see how long it lasts there lol -
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:50am
Freak kits were cool when people thought bore sizing mattered.

Imps just are not the best choice in thier price range. Simply suggesting looking at something thats more bang for your buck, better overal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic