Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

impulses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiKePuNk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: impulses
    Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:39pm
are these good guns?..never shot one before..heard they were heavier then most guns
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:45pm
Impys are POS. You could commit sucide by jumping off the hopper on an impy.

Get a ICD bushy.
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:47pm

If your gonna get a impy, get one from Firballmountain(a gothic). Those rip. Otherwise get a b2k4/b2k5. Those are nice to.

You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 7:54pm
if you get an Impy get a Rat Jr.
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 2:09am
Get an Imp......mine weighs 3.5lbs so whoever you heard that from needs to lift weights more often. You can use C02 or N2 with an Imp. Most other medium to high end markers cannot make that claim. There are a gazillion upgrades available for them. If you shot mine you would say, "To die for". Don't listen to the broken record comments made by some on these boards about Impulses. They make the exact same whimsical asinine comments in about every thread posted about the Pulse -
Bdc2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdc2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 5:45pm
force of nature has a video of a WAS'ed Rat impulse, it nice and fast. Check it out, maybe ull like it
f@ll3n 5nip3r View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f@ll3n 5nip3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 7:37pm

Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

Impys are POS. You could commit sucide by jumping off the hopper on an impy.

Get a ICD bushy.

with PDS

anti:
flatline
egg 2
fender guitars
cyclone
xbox live gamertag:fall3n 5nip3r
steam tag:fallen sniper
ADD ME!!!

"SO I bought an Angel, How the hell do I shoot it.." -jmac3
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by DRAGON DRAGON wrote:

Get an Imp......mine weighs 3.5lbs so whoever you heard that from needs to lift weights more often. You can use C02 or N2 with an Imp. Most other medium to high end markers cannot make that claim. There are a gazillion upgrades available for them. If you shot mine you would say, "To die for". Don't listen to the broken record comments made by some on these boards about Impulses. They make the exact same whimsical asinine comments in about every thread posted about the Pulse -

A gazillion upgrdes eh? What does that say about the marker as a whole?

And as mentoined before, you could indeed die for an impy, if only by jumping off the top, or having it drop on you.

And why wouldnt other makrers be able to run off co2? My viking can, as can most other high end markers. Its just recomended that you use nitrogen to keep up with the rate of fire most markers can make.

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 8:59pm
^ Also C02 is dirty.. hurts the noid. Even though your using it on an Imp.. it isnt good for it.

How does an aftermarket body make the gun faster Arikon?

Dont waste your money and time on an Imp.
evil-NYX View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Motherlessly HUGE SIG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-NYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 9:22pm

imp is good, if you upgrade enuff...icd is better tho

DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

A gazillion upgrdes eh? What does that say about the marker as a whole?

That tells me that there is a lot of them being sold. Manufactrers don't process aftermarket parts for markers that aren't in great demand. Why are there so many upgrades for Timmy's and other in high demand markers? Because there is an in demand profit to be made. So as a whole, Imps are in great demand thus a great marker otherwise there would be no demand. If you were an investor, would you invest in a company that was in the Talon upgrade market? lol -

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

And why wouldnt other makrers be able to run off co2? My viking can, as can most other high end markers. Its just recomended that you use nitrogen to keep up with the rate of fire most markers can make.

Well sure, you can actually ruin any marker on C02 if you don't mind replacing the noid and regulator parts every time you use it lol. Seems that you're a little weak in the paintball knowlege department. I will outline this one for you as well. The Max-Flo is one of only regulators that can handle C02 in a proficient manner. The Palmer's is another well known for it's capacity to handle C02 decently well. Both not only regulate but help keep liquid from passing through it. This in turn prevents liquid C02 from entering a $100 electro-pneumatic solenoid to incompacitate it. I used anti-siphoned C02 on my Impulse for over a year before I saved enough for an N2 tank and had absolutely no probs at all with it. Shots and velocity are just a bit more consistant now -

Kindly explain how nitro surpasses C02 in keeping up with the rof when a C02 tank has a higher output pressure than a regulated N2 tank. When changing from C02 to N2 on my Imp, I needed to increase the pressure because of the approximate 150+ psi decrease in pressure between the two. When testing the output pressure between My Crossy and C02 tank, the Crossy was at 750psi and the C02 tank was at 950psi. A higher pressure output from the tank will naturally feed the marker faster at a higher rate, that's elementary physics or even general logic -

Your above quoted comment is in error, the reason that it's recommended to use N2 in higher end markers is because 1) the regs cannot handle C02 & 2) the noids cannot handle it either -

So glad I could assist you in your quest for knowledge -
KaptainKickAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKickAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

It can help to make it cycle faster IF the bore is smoother.

And even though alot of you hate smart parts they still make really good stuff. And I'm sorry but they had a right to go after AKA and trust me I love AKA they make good stuff too.

I love my Imp and I still have alot of stuff to do to it...alot

Edited by KaptainKickAce

A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 3:30pm

Dont waste your money and time on an Imp.
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 8:48pm
well i plan on getting an impy, unless one fo you can change my mind it out of the 04 cocker vert and the impy, whitch one is heaver by the way
Mag shooter
FalloutMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PRESIDENT: Tom Kaye Fan Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalloutMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by KaptainKickAce KaptainKickAce wrote:

It can help to make it cycle faster IF the bore is smoother.

And even though alot of you hate smart parts they still make really good stuff. And I'm sorry but they had a right to go after AKA and trust me I love AKA they make good stuff too.

I love my Imp and I still have alot of stuff to do to it...alot

the smoothness of the bore wont make a difference unless you glued sandpaper on the inside of your gun.

and smart parts DOES NOT make quality products, every smart parts product or smart parts affiliated product i have owned has had terrible quality.
"They were convicted in federal court of pennsylvania for a telemarketing scam involving invention and patent fraud."
CIA356 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIA356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 10:06pm
Get a b2k4 or b2k5 with PDS they rip and as a whole are much better than an IMP if you are goin to want to spend alot of cash upgrading your gun to make it your own go with the imp. But if you will be keeping the gun close to stock get a Bushy.
impulse4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 7:53pm
impys are sick i own 3 but go for the rat jr and trick it out.......and no it isnt heavy
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 8:27pm
well i am talking aobut the impy basic right now, i dont need an amazing gun right now i want one that will kinda grow with me as i get better so willl it
Mag shooter
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 8:38pm
The only reason there are a ton of upgrades for the Impy is because tons of little kids go crying to their mommies because they want the new-fangled gadgets. The reason they have Impys is because they didn't do their homework. B2k4 owns an Impy any day.
Gumbe02 View Drop Down
Foulmouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 9:59pm
do they know, that why my proshop doesnt even carrie them, they said the impy is better quality, and can surpass the preformce of the b2k4
Mag shooter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic