Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 cyclone feed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oelfkp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oelfkp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 3:33am
It doesnt waste gas. I cannot beleive people are complaining about loosing gas. It costs cents to pay for Co2. Wow it is said that people always rely on electricity to solve problems. It is not using EXTRA gas but is using EXCESS gas. Some people just dont get it and should actually learn a little bit about an A-5 before purchasing it and complaining
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 1:23pm
If you want an electronic hopper to go on a A5, jus remove the Cyclone, mod a 98c elbow feed and place whatever hopper you want on it.....its been done before by so many players and you dont have to worry bout using excess air jus to operate the Cyclone and you would only worry bout the batteries whether theyre fresh or not.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

...To all that say the cyclone doesnt use more gas, I understand where you are coming from. Thats what tippmann says and they give a good explanation to back it up. and i used to say exactly that. However, for one reason or another the A-5 uses more gas than other markers such as the 98. I do not no if it ia because of the cyclone or not but for some reason it does...

If you've seen some kind of test to prove this then please show me. I own the A5 and the 98c and haven't noticed any significant difference in air efficiency between the two. I haven't had time to do an in depth experiment to prove/disprove this but from my years of experience with the two guns I haven't seen any efficiency problems with the A5 compared to the 98c so my guess is that tippmann is right when they say the cyclone doesn't use more gas. At worst the difference would probably be like 100 shots but I doubt it's even that. Since I haven't done any experiments to prove this it's possible that I'm wrong but it's not likely that I haven't noticed something like that after using these two guns for so long.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Sarge14 Sarge14 wrote:

the whole pint of a tippmann is reliablity, if u add those particular electronics u ruin the gun. they work fine the way they are. why change something that works?

to make it work better. Im not saying using electronics would make it better but that is why would would change something that works better. To all that say the cyclone doesnt use more gas, I understand where you are coming from. Thats what tippmann says and they give a good explanation to back it up. and i used to say exactly that. However, for one reason or another the A-5 uses more gas than other markers such as the 98. I do not no if it ia because of the cyclone or not but for some reason it does.
As for running the cyclone on battiries, my personal opinion is good idea but no.(no offense) its a good idea and it has its advantages but the one thing that keeps me from agreeing with the idea is as someone stated earlier, every feild fills air, not every feild sells batteries. So running it on air your guaranteed (if you play at a feild) never for it to let you down. And if you play at home, think of it this way. You run out of air and the cyclone still runs, you still cant play. Also, may fileds offer all day air so it doresnt cost any extra cash to "recharge" your cyclone.
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:31pm
the whole pint of a tippmann is reliablity, if u add those particular electronics u ruin the gun. they work fine the way they are. why change something that works?
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:22pm
how bout we just manually feed the balls into the gun, hold a hand ful of balls in ur hand and just put one in everytime u fire.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 12:57pm
Qloader anyone...it doesnt use excess air or batteries
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
bobsA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:34am
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

...it would be a better and easier way

Lol, if you say so. With the current design you never have to touch it for it to work, never have to change batteries, and it always spins after each shot. How would making it electronic make it any easier or better?

He said it i meen its simple enough y do u want to make it more complicated
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 9:23pm

I think we'd be better off talking to a wall, evan. It's been said so many times yet people still refuse to accept it.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
evan51887 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan51887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Id preffer that id rather carry extra batteries on the field with me instead of another co2 tank......

Why do you all think it uses more gas than a paintball gun like the 98 Custom? It doesn't! It uses excess blowback gas to power the Cyclone Feeder. No extra gas used.
n00bPber16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 5:57pm
why would you have to carry an extra co2 tank? it doenst use anymore then any other gun.  Read the other posts - uses excess gas. Cmon say it with me - excess.  Meaning doesnt use any more then some other gun.  If you really think so, then get like a expansion chamber or reg or something.

Remember your roots(woodsball)
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 5:46pm
Id preffer that id rather carry extra batteries on the field with me instead of another co2 tank......

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

...it would be a better and easier way

Lol, if you say so. With the current design you never have to touch it for it to work, never have to change batteries, and it always spins after each shot. How would making it electronic make it any easier or better?

SilentStealth67 View Drop Down
Shakes Beef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentStealth67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

You could have the cyclone run of of a 9 gram and have something that when everytime you pull the trigger or have it held down that it relaeses some gas

umm... no

Its Pudding Time Children
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:59am
You could have the cyclone run of of a 9 gram and have something that when everytime you pull the trigger or have it held down that it relaeses some gas
HaloMasterALL09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:51am

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

The cyclone was designed to run on air so that you wouldn't have to worry about having batteries or getting it wet. All the problems of electronic devices would not be present with a feeder operated by excess gas, hence the cyclone. If you run it on a battery then you defeat the purpose of it. It's only a rumor that the A5 is a gas hog because of the cyclone, it hasn't been proven as far as I know. I get the same efficiency with my A5 as I do with my 98c or at least close enough that I don't see the difference so until I see test results showing the cyclone to be drawing extra gas, I won't believe it.

it would be a better and easier way

can u own me?
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:48am
yea yall are right, lol u kno its funny i rececently polished my internals and went to a field yesterday, usually I'd go through 2 20 oz to play, now i only use one. Well anyways i think i like the cyclone feed the way it is, somethin less to worry about wit batteries.
n00bPber16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 1:26am

Originally posted by evan51887 evan51887 wrote:

Except that it doesn't waste any extra gas. It uses the excess (blowback) gas that shoots the paintball to power the cyclone.

I didnt know that... I really do learn something new everyday.  Now armed with this point I expertly attack the thought of turning the cyclone in a battery powered hopper.

loki_9808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loki_9808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:14pm
i definately agree that the cyclone feed doenst take any extra air. i was told that it uses the same amount of air as anything else because it DOES use the excess "back" air of the tank. i have gotten the same air efficiency with my a5 just like with my spyder shutter and my other various guns.
"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Indeed, he who lives by the pen, the word processor, and fax machine shall also die by the sword. Only he who lives by the tank shall remain immune."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 8:43pm
The cyclone was designed to run on air so that you wouldn't have to worry about having batteries or getting it wet. All the problems of electronic devices would not be present with a feeder operated by excess gas, hence the cyclone. If you run it on a battery then you defeat the purpose of it. It's only a rumor that the A5 is a gas hog because of the cyclone, it hasn't been proven as far as I know. I get the same efficiency with my A5 as I do with my 98c or at least close enough that I don't see the difference so until I see test results showing the cyclone to be drawing extra gas, I won't believe it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic