Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 cyclone feed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan51887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Id preffer that id rather carry extra batteries on the field with me instead of another co2 tank......

Why do you all think it uses more gas than a paintball gun like the 98 Custom? It doesn't! It uses excess blowback gas to power the Cyclone Feeder. No extra gas used.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 9:23pm

I think we'd be better off talking to a wall, evan. It's been said so many times yet people still refuse to accept it.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
bobsA-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsA-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:34am
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

...it would be a better and easier way

Lol, if you say so. With the current design you never have to touch it for it to work, never have to change batteries, and it always spins after each shot. How would making it electronic make it any easier or better?

He said it i meen its simple enough y do u want to make it more complicated
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 12:57pm
Qloader anyone...it doesnt use excess air or batteries
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:22pm
how bout we just manually feed the balls into the gun, hold a hand ful of balls in ur hand and just put one in everytime u fire.
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 2:31pm
the whole pint of a tippmann is reliablity, if u add those particular electronics u ruin the gun. they work fine the way they are. why change something that works?
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Sarge14 Sarge14 wrote:

the whole pint of a tippmann is reliablity, if u add those particular electronics u ruin the gun. they work fine the way they are. why change something that works?

to make it work better. Im not saying using electronics would make it better but that is why would would change something that works better. To all that say the cyclone doesnt use more gas, I understand where you are coming from. Thats what tippmann says and they give a good explanation to back it up. and i used to say exactly that. However, for one reason or another the A-5 uses more gas than other markers such as the 98. I do not no if it ia because of the cyclone or not but for some reason it does.
As for running the cyclone on battiries, my personal opinion is good idea but no.(no offense) its a good idea and it has its advantages but the one thing that keeps me from agreeing with the idea is as someone stated earlier, every feild fills air, not every feild sells batteries. So running it on air your guaranteed (if you play at a feild) never for it to let you down. And if you play at home, think of it this way. You run out of air and the cyclone still runs, you still cant play. Also, may fileds offer all day air so it doresnt cost any extra cash to "recharge" your cyclone.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

...To all that say the cyclone doesnt use more gas, I understand where you are coming from. Thats what tippmann says and they give a good explanation to back it up. and i used to say exactly that. However, for one reason or another the A-5 uses more gas than other markers such as the 98. I do not no if it ia because of the cyclone or not but for some reason it does...

If you've seen some kind of test to prove this then please show me. I own the A5 and the 98c and haven't noticed any significant difference in air efficiency between the two. I haven't had time to do an in depth experiment to prove/disprove this but from my years of experience with the two guns I haven't seen any efficiency problems with the A5 compared to the 98c so my guess is that tippmann is right when they say the cyclone doesn't use more gas. At worst the difference would probably be like 100 shots but I doubt it's even that. Since I haven't done any experiments to prove this it's possible that I'm wrong but it's not likely that I haven't noticed something like that after using these two guns for so long.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 1:23pm
If you want an electronic hopper to go on a A5, jus remove the Cyclone, mod a 98c elbow feed and place whatever hopper you want on it.....its been done before by so many players and you dont have to worry bout using excess air jus to operate the Cyclone and you would only worry bout the batteries whether theyre fresh or not.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
oelfkp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oelfkp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 3:33am
It doesnt waste gas. I cannot beleive people are complaining about loosing gas. It costs cents to pay for Co2. Wow it is said that people always rely on electricity to solve problems. It is not using EXTRA gas but is using EXCESS gas. Some people just dont get it and should actually learn a little bit about an A-5 before purchasing it and complaining
HaloMasterALL09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by n00bPber16 n00bPber16 wrote:

Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

yeah, but it would already come with the gun and probably a charger fr it too

Yea, but what happens when your battery dies in the field cuz you forgot to charge it?  Yes some fields sell 9 volts but theyre like 2 dollars.  Where co2 is like 3 dollars to fill a 20oz(mine).  I mean its a good idea and all(i thought of it when i first got mine) but just think about it for a few.  But then again some people prbly think different then i do.

then its thier damn fault for not charging it but for the smart ppl that do, it will be very benificial.

can u own me?
HaloMasterALL09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 12:32pm

imo, i think  the A-5 uses more, my friends 98c used 1 12 oz. i used 3 on my A-5.  Every game i was next to him and we shot about the same amt of paint and speed of shoting.

can u own me?
Stiffler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 8:38pm
i think the cyclone is fine the way it is, if you dont like it take it off and make the a-5 a vertical feed.
killer_paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer_paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 1:26am

Good idea but the hopper will feed faster and longer on gas

I know my **edited**!
Gurke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 8:48am

as i've heard... Tippmanns are the guns that you can run over with cars, take into a river with you, and still shoot them (i'm assuming they mean stock) so if you add electricity to this, wouldn't they be less reliable for the people who do like to get them a little rugged? I want a gun that i know will work.  

You'd think I'd be used to guns living in South Texas... Oh well.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 10:57pm

then it just be like any other electric hopper.

thats not true at all
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 11:47pm
Do you guys know how ungodly huge the cyclone feeder housing would be if they made the cyclone an electro? The only thing to be removed would be the ratchet, and sprocket, then you would need to add a motor, a board, and space for batteries. Also, "a-5 using more gas = hype".

Originally posted by <span =bold>HaloMasterALL09</span> HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

imo, i think  the A-5 uses more, my friends 98c used 1 12 oz. i used 3 on my A-5.  Every game i was next to him and we shot about the same amt of paint and speed of shoting.

I know for sure this statement is either false or you have some other problem with your gun, if it were true that the a-5 used three times as much gas as other guns then we would only get about 300 - 400 shots out of a 20oz. tank and I usually get about 1000.

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
shadowmaster78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowmaster78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:54am
ok well here is what i think, whychange agood thing? the cyclone isagood syestem. If u had a batteryhopper it adds wait and a extera 12 gramwhere would u put it?
jim_wilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim_wilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by p8ntblr02 p8ntblr02 wrote:

then it just be like any other electric hopper.

and u would have 2 worry about the battery and all of that

no not really electric hoppers dont eat up bat juice that much just carry 1 spare 1 w/ u thats all and besides then ud have ur gas for shootin, not in the cyclone feeding and yes thats a great idea

98 Custom
Collapsable M4 Style Stock
Flatline Barrel
Kingman Java Remote Coil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:54pm

Originally posted by jim_wilson jim_wilson wrote:

...no not really electric hoppers dont eat up bat juice that much just carry 1 spare 1 w/ u thats all and besides then ud have ur gas for shootin, not in the cyclone feeding and yes thats a great idea

Please read the previous posts before joining a thread, you obviously didn't read what was said already. If you did then you would know that we've already gone over how you don't lose any gas to the cyclone, it just uses the gas that is normally wasted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic