Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 cyclone feed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball plyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 12:22am
the A-5 does use more gas because of they cyclone because my 20oz was low on gas and the bolt on my A-5 wasn't coming all the way back so i disengaged the tank and hooked it up to my 98c and got anoth fifteen or so shot before it started acting up. so therefore the A-5 does use more gas. now back to the topic how would the cyclone know when to feed if it was battery powered
Tippmann A-5
BT-16 six position stock (for sale)
R/T (Sold)
E-grip w/ WAS board (in transit)

soon to come:
double trig
palmers stabilizer
QEV

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by paintball plyr paintball plyr wrote:

the A-5 does use more gas because of they cyclone because my 20oz was low on gas and the bolt on my A-5 wasn't coming all the way back so i disengaged the tank and hooked it up to my 98c and got anoth fifteen or so shot before it started acting up. so therefore the A-5 does use more gas.

By 15 huh? Wow.

Ive never figured out why people claim the a5 uses "excess" gas. It siphons gas directly heading to the powertube to propell the ball.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

...Ive never figured out why people claim the a5 uses "excess" gas.

People say that because that's what they were told by tippmann. I haven't noticed a difference in efficiency between the A5 and 98c so if there is one it's obviously very small. That one guy says 15 shots. You know what you can do with 15 shots? Not all that much so what's the big deal? You trade 15 shots for an excellent feeding system that won't need new batteries or break if it gets wet. I think that's a pretty good deal.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 5:54pm

Originally posted by paintball plyr paintball plyr wrote:

the A-5 does use more gas because of they cyclone because my 20oz was low on gas and the bolt on my A-5 wasn't coming all the way back so i disengaged the tank and hooked it up to my 98c and got anoth fifteen or so shot before it started acting up. so therefore the A-5 does use more gas.

By 15 huh? Wow.

Ive never figured out why people claim the a5 uses "excess" gas. It siphons gas directly heading to the powertube to propell the ball.

I think it's referred to as excess gas because it isn't required to recock the gun or propell the paintball, if it was the a-5 just wouldn't work, and neither would the response trigger on both the a-5 and 98c.

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 3:01pm
Repeat after me:

The A-5 uses gas that would likely be wasted anyway.

All the people I know that own A-5s say that the difference is hardly noticeable.

Edited by Homer J
Blackbetty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Crack is teh Illegal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 5:33am
not to mention the noise that electric motors make,
Buy a corvette and show the world that you know absolutely nothing about cars.
The new VW convertible beatle..... now you can actaully hear people call u and idiot.
Dawrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 7:09am
Maybe it should run off 12 grams then.  Other than air, there is really nothing you can use that will be as efficient as gas.  A battery would take up some space on the gun, and would be yet another thing to have to watch for functionality.  If the battery dies midgame, you have to replace it.  Same goes for E-grip.  1 battery is hard enough to keep track off.  LEt alone 2
Smart Parts Shocker SFT Vision
PE 48/3k
All-Am. 14" Barrel
Q-loader kit
Eggy2 Z-boarded
NDZ V3 He Bolt
34 bps

A-5, E-gripped
WAS board to come
16" Werks
JC F/X Stock
Q-loader
30 bps
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 12:50pm
if u add an electric motor to it it would eather make the can on the side alot longer or add a big bump on the side off your gun
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 4:42pm
No, everyone stop trying, the cyclone is fine the way it is. There would be no point in completely redisinging the cyclone feed system to be operated by battery and motor or 12 gram. The electronic idea would make it uber huge and there would be timing issues that would need to be worked out, not to mention it would make the a-5 more expensive. The 12 gram idea would be even more rediculous since it would make it even bigger, you would need not only room for a 12 gram but then you would need room for all the other stuff to make it work. You cant just hook up pressurized air to the cyclone, you would need something to release a little bit of air to work the cyclone everytime it shot, and wouldn't it suck if after a few games you forgot to change your 12 gram then in the middle of the next game your ungodly huge, gas saving, 12 gram operated cyclone feed died.

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 4:57pm

On a stock Tippmann, it is "excess," in the sense that Tippmanns waste gas with every shot - might as well use it for something.

In stock configuration, with a fixed drive spring, the same amount of gas is used for each shot (more or less), regardless of velocity settings.  This amount is quite a bit more than is required to actually operate the mechanism.  Some of this excess can be redirected to an RT or a Cyclone, but adding either of those does not change the amount of gas being used per shot.  Therefore, "excess" or waste.

Now, on a Tippmann with a regulator or RVA, having a Cyclone or RT will limit how closely you can tune your gun's efficiency, since the Cyclone and the RT need a certain amount of this "excess" to operate.  It is very possible to set your A-5 RT, using an RVA, so that the gun will fire flawlessly at high velocity, but neither the Cyclone or RT will do anything at all.  In this sense, the Cyclone does lower potential efficiency, but it does not affect the efficiency of a stock gun at all.

For this same reason, when you get low on air, the Cyclone and RT are the first to give.  If you manually pump the Cyclone you will get another 15 (give or take) shots from your A-5 before you are empty.  This gives the illusion of lower efficiency, when what is actually happening is that the A-5 simply needs a slightly higher operating pressure than the 98, because of the Cyclone.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic