Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skill or Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Is it the gun or the skill that wins you a game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
120 [88.89%]
15 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by MoNTYandTIMMoN MoNTYandTIMMoN wrote:

The gun really does, matter. If ur shooting 4bps and ur opponent is shooting 20 ur only chance is luck.

So what you're saying is... that every time I took my nearly stock A-5 (just a LAPCO Bigshot) and won against a kid with an Angel, Timmy, Shocker, BKO, or any of the other electros I've encountered, it was luck.

Most of the people at my field do shoot extremely fast guns and I can still consistantly eliminate 4-5 people a game on a good day. You know nothing.

This is what the true ratio is: 35% Reaction Time, 25% Marker Handling, 35% Tactics, 5% Physical Strength.
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Behemoth Behemoth wrote:

Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

^ wow your retarded arent you.

Oh, sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

except civ might be one of the best players on this forum.

Anyway, to who ever thinks you need skill to play paintball...you dont. Plain and simple. The more the gun costs, the better you will do.

You probably have never been in a real war now have you?

your probally still in middle school arent you?
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 11:22pm
wOw..

This thread deserves..

Cactus
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 9:37pm
Skill.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
tippmann ruler View Drop Down
Strike One. Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann ruler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:30pm

The answer is the paintballs they determine everything good gun bad paintballs it jus dont work oh ya and a lil skill

Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Anyway, to who ever thinks you need skill to play paintball...you dont. Plain and simple. The more the gun costs, the better you will do.

You probably have never been in a real war now have you?

Protective clothing is for **edited**gets!
paintball_idiot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball_idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 11:00pm

Ok, I know guys that play with Brass Eagle Tigersharks from like, the early 90's ON PURPOSE! Why, because it gives them a challenge. and, for some mysterious reason only God and these few guys can explain, THEY ALWAYS WIN. I can only imagine what would happen if you gave these guys semiauto's or 'cockers

Edit: this only proves that skill is 99.9999% and the gun is 0.0001%

'Nuff said

Edited by paintball_idiot
shootin' a stock A-5
*insert witty catchphrase*
Boycott Smart Parts!!
Spot1st View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spot1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 10:29pm

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAR!!!
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:09pm

boarder2k7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boarder2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 6:13pm
TheButlerDid It --- This thread was ancient untill you brought it up again. Nobody likes pointless bumping on stupid topics.
TheButlerDid It View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheButlerDid It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 3:11pm

To get all philisophical, the gun should be made to fit the player's skill. A person who loves to take a few shots is not the best equipped with a spyder imagine (well...nobody is best equipped with that....) and a guy who loves to "hold the line" and be rambo should not have a phantom. The skill should determine the gun and it should be a part of the player. I'm not saying the gun doesn't affect the outcome of a firefight, but the player makes the game a victory or defeat

But I have solved this entire dispute. Take a man off the street and lend him an angel. Next get an ex-navy seal and give him a bag of paintball. See who wins.

Tippmann 98 custom
Flatline barrel
Dye sticky grips
Expansion chamber
32 degrees gas-thru stock and remote line.
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 11:49am
You probably did, Civ doesn't have alot of self confidence.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 10:50am

glazener24 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by ss88 ss88 wrote:

Im sick of people arguing that the gun is what makes you win, and its the skill that makes you win.

what he said

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 8:11pm
Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 11:08am

Its all about the gun. Why else would they be $1400?
Oh no,another one who shoots only in full auto hoping to hit anything.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 12:31am
I've played speedball with my pump before and have done just as good as other players using mech/electro semi-auto guns. I'm not saying that I'm an amazing player or anything but unless a pump is considered better than say a cocker then I definitely didn't take these people out because of an advantage in firepower. They shot at me at whatever ROF and I shot once every few seconds back. Why did I get them instead of them hitting me? Maybe I was a better shot, maybe I'm better at playing tight to the bunker, maybe I can dodge their shots too good, maybe they're blind and couldn't hit me if I aimed the gun for them, who knows. What it came down to was a difference in skill, proving that having more skill can be more advantageous than having more firepower. I see people with "low-end" guns and rentals taking out guys with super guns all the time.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
PaintballJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:06pm
The Gun can be a difference maker. Why did they have the Thompson Machine Gun and the M1 Garand in WWII? I could stay with almost anyone on the field until the DM4 came out. We do have a Local that came in 10th at World Cup in Rookie Ball. He can outshoot me probably 8 to 2 or 9 to 1. Skill is most important.
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:54pm

why did you guys have to bump this thread, its so old...just let it die...

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Legend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 3:38pm
I think its both.  A good gun will help but without the skill your nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic