Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skill or Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Is it the gun or the skill that wins you a game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
120 [88.89%]
15 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
loganfordusmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loganfordusmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:27pm

Well I think it is about 35% marker and about 65%skill because my first 3 times playing I never got hit and I dont hide and wait for someone to walk out im fast, accurate and I work well with my team but I also have a model 98 and I haft to admit its a good gun but I was playing with two guys with angels and three with WGP karnivors and I never got hit.

Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 3:54am
Originally posted by pballa818 pballa818 wrote:

there should be one for "both."

Props to my Dogg BLAND
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 1:41am
Awsome D00d!
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 10:48pm
Go play against some good old school pump players. I have seen a good team sweep game after game against other teams w/ top of the line guns. I have also had my butt handed to me after they were done whipping it plenty of times. They taught me a ton about how to play smart.
pballa818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 2:04pm
there is no right answer to this.. let this thing die
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

Common sense must not be to common...

ya that and common knowledge
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 1:58am
Common sense must not be to common...
Stiffler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:42pm

so the guys that are saying its all in the gun consider this: theres more skill then just pulling the trigger. you have to aim and be able to manuever and have guts; that all takes skill. a newb that can pull a trigger on a $1000 gun will not take out a pro with a $100 gun. the gun just better enhances the players skill.

GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

It works all to well

feels good to be a lot smarter than the majority of the forum don't it
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

MoNTYandTIMMoN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNTYandTIMMoN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 9:21pm

30%luck

35%gun

35%Skill

The gun really does, matter.  If ur shooting 4bps and ur opponent is shooting 20 ur only chance is luck.

Do not tempt the lord!

MoNTYtheLoRD
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 5:43pm
It's both. Sometimes the gun and sometimes the person. Look at Tippmann Effect. They have Tippmanns and have gone against really good teams and have beaten them. That's skill. Now I hate Dynasty so I am going to have to say the guns for them. Yeah I geuss it is the gun more so than the skill.
**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Tybmx2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tybmx2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 11:27am
it's all about skill.

YOUR WRONG, IM RIGHT!
i think it is all about skill, i could send one of my friends out into a paintball game and they will have a angel, or a dm5, and they would loose, because they dont know any good tacticts. It takes time to  build up experience and be able to conquer the competition. Some people think by buying a high end gun, they buy the years of experience, i know that i can beat a spyder anyday, a a-5 anyday, and a spyder electro anyday, becuase i spend more time on skills, and i know that buying the gun does not make you that good. I have a tippmann, and it may not shoot fast, but i can still kick a dm5 or a angels ass if i really tried.
Dave_09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 7:05pm

Originally posted by radical_paint radical_paint wrote:

its the gun that makes the playa..... skill aint nuffin with out a gun yo

wow

2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:56pm

Agreed...

My 0.2

10%skill 10%gun 10%luck 10%paint color 10%opposition 10%playing surface 10%trigger sensitivity 10%weather conditions 10%your post count 10%time 10%date 10%year

Edited by 2k4kev

KH ARMY>you
red_alert204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:54pm
Ok here my take on this.  The gun can help the player alot depending on the type of person.  Take me for example or anyone who has a low self esteem, they will know what to do and how to do but dont apply themselves because with there gun its almost as you just dont want to try because you think you suck.  I played one day and did alright next day I got my angel did very well.  I was applying myself and playing bunkers correctly.  Either i got really good over night or my new gun gave me more confidence.  It may sound really dumb but is true for me and others I know.  A couple weeks ago I played and was doing good then my angel stopped working and had to use a rental and I wasnt doing things right I was scared to make moves.......  Think it about it and it makes sense for some people
Red Proto Matrix
Black Check It Uni Mount
MurderersRow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurderersRow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 6:20pm
luck has nothing to do with it, unless you mean coincedince (excuse my spelling)
"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated" "Pain is temporary, pride is forever" "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take" <- All I have to say is ACCURACY BY VOLUME!
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 4:32pm
The main use of having an awesome gun is the intimidation factor.

Its a combination:
Skill: 65%
Gun: 30%
Luck: 5%

This is true if all the players have reasonably similar guns. (Within $1000)
pballa818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

93% what you say on the internet, 6.9% the gun you have, .1% cheating.

(skill dosnt matter)

lol

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 2:31pm

93% what you say on the internet, 6.9% the gun you have, .1% cheating.

(skill dosnt matter)

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2004 at 1:00pm
80% skill
20% gun
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic