Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skill or Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Poll Question: Is it the gun or the skill that wins you a game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
120 [88.89%]
15 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Behemoth Behemoth wrote:

Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

^ wow your retarded arent you.

Oh, sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

except civ might be one of the best players on this forum.

Anyway, to who ever thinks you need skill to play paintball...you dont. Plain and simple. The more the gun costs, the better you will do.

Spot1st View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spot1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 10:29pm

BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAR!!!
paintball_idiot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball_idiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 11:00pm

Ok, I know guys that play with Brass Eagle Tigersharks from like, the early 90's ON PURPOSE! Why, because it gives them a challenge. and, for some mysterious reason only God and these few guys can explain, THEY ALWAYS WIN. I can only imagine what would happen if you gave these guys semiauto's or 'cockers

Edit: this only proves that skill is 99.9999% and the gun is 0.0001%

'Nuff said

Edited by paintball_idiot
shootin' a stock A-5
*insert witty catchphrase*
Boycott Smart Parts!!
Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Anyway, to who ever thinks you need skill to play paintball...you dont. Plain and simple. The more the gun costs, the better you will do.

You probably have never been in a real war now have you?

Protective clothing is for **edited**gets!
tippmann ruler View Drop Down
Strike One. Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann ruler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 8:30pm

The answer is the paintballs they determine everything good gun bad paintballs it jus dont work oh ya and a lil skill

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 9:37pm
Skill.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 11:22pm
wOw..

This thread deserves..

Cactus
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 4:14pm

your probally still in middle school arent you?
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by MoNTYandTIMMoN MoNTYandTIMMoN wrote:

The gun really does, matter. If ur shooting 4bps and ur opponent is shooting 20 ur only chance is luck.

So what you're saying is... that every time I took my nearly stock A-5 (just a LAPCO Bigshot) and won against a kid with an Angel, Timmy, Shocker, BKO, or any of the other electros I've encountered, it was luck.

Most of the people at my field do shoot extremely fast guns and I can still consistantly eliminate 4-5 people a game on a good day. You know nothing.

This is what the true ratio is: 35% Reaction Time, 25% Marker Handling, 35% Tactics, 5% Physical Strength.
playin in paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playin in paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by radical_paint radical_paint wrote:

its the gun that makes the playa..... skill aint nuffin with out a gun yo
     Thats bull u have to have skill to work the gun
Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by GhilleMan GhilleMan wrote:

your probally still in middle school arent you?

Ha ha, good one !

Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 6:39pm
i think he is still in middle skool to bump a thread like this just for a dumb comeback
signature
RamboBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamboBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 8:03pm
when i started playing paintball i thought that it was just the marker. So my cusin who has been playing for about 4 years traded me guns. he has a a5 with a flatline and e-grip. and i has a stock pmi r6. lets just say he beat my ass, so that proof right there that its not yr marker its how much skill and experance.
TIPPMANN KICKS ASS
Champions know pain, endure pain, and never complain
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 8:18pm

Its always great to have both but skill always comes first, if you focus your money on upgrades you won't have enough for praticing/going paintballin, and even if your rich you'll be sadly disappointed that your pimped up gun will be beatin by its stock self or by some other lesser gun by a guy that has great talent.

Imo Skill+gun>Skill>gun

Edited by Ihaveanitch
TowShen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TowShen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by radical_paint radical_paint wrote:

its the gun that makes the playa..... skill aint nuffin with out a gun yo

so what your saying, is that i some one who has not yet paintballed befor would be able to own if i had a top of the line gun?

i dont think so...a friend of mine had a wal-mart brass eagle pump and he pawned people with decked out guns and even some one how has a Angel.

so just my nobish opinion i would have to say at least 75% skill and 20% gun and 5% luck.
DrexelSkaPB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 11:10pm
Equipment reinforces your skill, and vice versa, more skill though. But nothing comes close to the importance of good communication and teamwork. I don't care if you're throwing paintballs, if your communicating better than the other team, you have a better chance of winning.
It seems like all the cool cats do this:
Custom 98, Flatline, r/t, CAR stock, custom camo paintjob, which every hopper I feel like putting on it, vertical adapter, oh dibs, I'm running out of charact
Behemoth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behemoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2005 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by Curlyman666 Curlyman666 wrote:

i think he is still in middle skool to bump a thread like this just for a dumb comeback

He Curlyboy,who asked you anything?

ProPaiNTbaLLA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProPaiNTbaLLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 7:38pm

I say its probably like 97% skill, 1 % luck and 2% gun because Ive got a tippmann and I own every1 at the field, I mean theres frickin kids w/ brand new Dm5s and shockers and there shootin at me, I'm not intimidatid at all I just shoot back, I meen I love pointing at them as soon as I lite them up, and for they to know that they were hiw by a young gun w/ a tippmann. Thtaz the best feelin ever lol!!

Hey Setup:
Tippmann 98
Progressive 14"
Pure Energy 20oz.
Dead on paintball Drop, double tigger
W.G.P Trilogy Competition
V.L Revi 12 volt
J&J 2-pieceperformance 12"
cya on the field!!!

Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 8:45pm
Spelling helps your game a lot!
RamboBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamboBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 4:46pm

anyone who thinks that its the gun that wins the game must be a noob who dosnt know anything about paintball

TIPPMANN KICKS ASS
Champions know pain, endure pain, and never complain
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic