Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skill or Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Is it the gun or the skill that wins you a game?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
120 [88.89%]
15 [11.11%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skill or Gun
    Posted: 22 December 2004 at 1:40pm

Im sick of people arguing that the gun is what makes you win, and its the skill that makes you win.

pballa818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 2:24pm
there should be one for "both."
radical_paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radical_paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 3:16pm
its the gun that makes the playa..... skill aint nuffin with out a gun yo
Hybrid-X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hybrid-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by radical_paint radical_paint wrote:

Rrrriiiiighhhhttt.... it should be like

89%Skill

10% Gun

1% Luck

-Jeremy.

radical_paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radical_paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 3:25pm

naw its 99% gun 1/2 % luck and 1/2% cheating

if u belive me ur a m0ron lol j/k!

mastersniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastersniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 4:38pm
i have played against many awsome players who would be better if they would just break down and spend some money on a good gun.......
a-5
e-grip
J&J ceramic 14in
r5 hopper

A5player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 5:43pm

so according to your logic, a newb with a cyborg or some other awesome gun would destroy an experieced player with something like a low end fenix or even a tippmann....i dont think so. A gun is nothing without someone with skill holding it

The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:18pm
Both.
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
pballa818 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by A5player A5player wrote:

so according to your logic, a newb with a cyborg or some other awesome gun would destroy an experieced player with something like a low end fenix or even a tippmann....i dont think so. A gun is nothing without someone with skill holding it

And a good player is nothing with a good gun...so its BOTH 50/50
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:21pm
You need the skill. But a good gun that can match your skill can help. But if you have the skill you can still win with any gun(unless it has problems, or its a BE). 75% player, 24% gun, 1% Luck
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 6:38pm

Who the hell argues their gun makes them a better player anyway? I have ever once seen anybody seriously think their marker made them a better player.

Darklight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darklight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 7:10pm
SKILL!!
The most important part of a gun is the player behind it.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 11:27pm

As long as the gun fires when the trigger is pulled and it shoots accurately, your skill level will determine whether you win or lose. I do about just as good when I play with my pump as I do with my other guns. Why? Because the gun will fire when I need it to and I know the right time/place to shoot. I'm sure most people don't consider an SL-68II to be high end but even if I played with a cocker or an electro I'd play the same way. The only time a gun will make me lose is if it doesn't work properly. If the gun chops like crazy or is terribly inaccurate then it will mess me up and I won't be able to play to my potential. As long as it can put a shot where I aim, I'm fine. I don't give a crap about ROF or any of that. It's good to be able to shoot fast when you have to give cover and stuff but otherwise, it's unnecessary.

But anyway, trust me on this. I've seen plenty of fairly new players go to the field with expensive guns and I've taken them out of the game with much less firepower. The reason is because I'm more experienced and I know what I'm doing, they don't. They may have more firepower but if they don't know how to use it then they're not going to be nearly as threatening as a guy who's very skilled and uses an entry level gun.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 12:40am

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard a newbie say. Thats like saying bob long will lose against me because he has a spyder victor. He would still kick my butt. And if your a weiger then just leave the freaking forum. And act like a freaking white person.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 3:14am
Its all about the gun. Why else would they be $1400?
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by pballa818 pballa818 wrote:

there should be one for "both."
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by 98c Dude13 98c Dude13 wrote:

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard a newbie say. Thats like saying bob long will lose against me because he has a spyder victor. He would still kick my butt. And if your a weiger then just leave the freaking forum. And act like a freaking white person.

werd...lol, j/k

yeah, but its both really.

Im choosing skill because once i played against a total newbie and his dad bought him the ULTIMATE SHOCKER PACKAGE w/a sp jersey and everything and i was constantly owning him on the feild with my little pirahna...so yeah, its most definitly skill.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 8:00pm
im sick of stupid threads like this

Edited by GhilleMan
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

you got a point there.
A5player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Civilian Of Civilian Of wrote:

probably because your buying a name. For example, why does a harley davidson cost so much? Because of the name. It doesnt mean it's the best, but that name has built a reputation, just like the name angel, e-blade cocker, and shocker. You hear those names and everyone of us automatically thinks of a great gun. It's skill all the way though

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic