Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Paintball Gun Design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob the Slob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2005 at 10:18pm

I like your design but you should have a 16" barrel and a huge, awesome banana clip. That would be AWESOME!!!

Awesome Possum
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 11:26am
Matty: probably throught the mid grip, but i dont know yet, i want to have almost no externaly runing parts. want to have it as a solid gun. so it looks more like more compact product, this drawing just an illustration, i am working on autocad right now. thats where i will be able to manupulate the exact sizes, so we will see: )

Edited by gnrlbzik
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 3:50pm
Since the 'pod' goes right over the barrel almost to the end, he could have a feed mechanism built into the pod that would actuate using blowback gasses that are expanding behind the ball, like the gas tube in the Eugene Stoner action used on AR-15 family rifles. Naturally, gravity would make the balls fall to the bottom of the 'pod', so the mechanism would have to feed it from the bottom rather than the top. Of course, since the entire barrel/pod assembly is interchangeable, I doubt this is the way he went... I'll certainly be curious to see if this goes anywhere, and if so, how the action works...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 9:07pm
so is there a hole through the pod for the barrel to go through or when u switch them is there a barrel on each pod? that could get expensive.
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
Civeta Dei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civeta Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 9:58pm
Looks heavy as hell.  What are you planning to make it out of?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 10:48pm
Heavy is relative. Work out.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Heavy is a factor when most smaller kids play woodsball and not speedball. Heavy is a factor when you have a 24 hour senerio and you have to lug the thing up hills and whatever else.

Heavy is a factor.

gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 3:32pm

well the part of the gun wth out cartridge will weight like any normal gun. cartridge will be made out of plastic ( it may be will weight 2 time more may be 3 time more that hoper loaded wih balls). maybe it will have aluminium casting so it matches the gun and makes cartridge even stronger we will see. about balls in the cartridge, they will not just fall under gravity, if that would be so, there would be no point of building this gun. system is =>>on demend feading<<=. like in real guns.

Edited by gnrlbzik
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 3:37pm

oh yeah and it will be all mechanical no electrical parts. the cartridge is not spring loaded, it will only work if you connect it to the gun.

oh yeah about berral, its intigrated with cartridge, i will have to play with plastics a bit : )

Edited by gnrlbzik
DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 4:34pm
That gun looks pretty sweet and all, but where are you supposed to put your hand behind the trigger?
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 4:53pm
DarkSideEchoes: what do you mean? have no idea about what you just posted.
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 9:41pm
Well I think hes asking how whould you fit your hand onto the grip. It does look like a tight fit, maybe you could lower the CO2/HPA tank?
I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2005 at 1:04am

hmm what so bad about this grip, same thing?

Proffesional sniper rifle, in present used by special forces of Russia in chechnya.

and just so that we have the illustration on the third page : )

Edited by gnrlbzik
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 5:17pm

looks like the gun in sgt. watson's sig.

gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 11:19am

What do you mean dmp4892?

JunoTrevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JunoTrevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 2:25pm

Dude I love the idea. I'm a big supporter of the ideas that seem obscure. After all, Albert Einstein said "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it."

To help you out with your project, try going to this website here: www.emachineshop.com .

This site lets you input your custom designs into a free CAD program they give you. From there you can choose materials, tolerances, etc. for your product, submit it to them, and they will make the part for you. This might save you some time.

I have contributed to a friend of mine's project when he was building a custom sniper rifle. Unfortunately, he was shipped out to Iraq before he could finish it. Hopefully he will be able to come home and complete the project. Anyway, if you need any help, I would be happy to assist. Just send me an email at junotrevan@houston.rr.com or IM me on Aim at JunoTrevan.

Good luck on this. Take it easy.

gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 3:01pm
hey Juno just messaged you and sent ya e-mail
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Heavy is a factor when most smaller kids play woodsball and not speedball. Heavy is a factor when you have a 24 hour senerio and you have to lug the thing up hills and whatever else.

Heavy is a factor.

If I can carry a light machinegun on a week long field exercise, then the average paintball player can certainly carry an extra pound or two of marker. 5.56 ammo is a lot heavier than paintballs. Keep in mind, I weigh about 155lbs, and I'm not particularly strong by any means.

If you're playing scenarios that much, you should get a tactical patrol sling of some kind, so you can sling your marker while still having it instantly accessible for combat. I use that system on my 98C.

I'm sorry, but you are not going to be able to justify to me why an extra pound or two of weight in a marker should make a real difference, unless you're talking about a pistol.

Again, 'heavy' is relative.

Menohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 10:57am
I see alot of pictures of concept drawings, but no real talk about exactly how its going to work...

If you are really serious about this, i'd recommend more working on the marker, and less adverting what you are doing...

Think of this, there are companies that are sue happy for patents (smartparts) and the more you post online about what you are doing with your new style marker, the more likely those companies are likely to patent your design and then sue you...
JunoTrevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JunoTrevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 2:15pm

I'm going to put this simply. Smart Parts can kiss my shiny metal ass. Nothing has been posted about how exactly the design works, and it even took me quite awhile before I understood it. And that was WITH diagrams. SP will NOT be able to get enough information from here to do anything with it. They need to stop suing anyway. And if any of them EVER happen to read this, I hope you take that to heart.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic