Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Paintball Gun Design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:00pm
and i am going to put it this way i got a year from the day i started posting news about this idea to start patenting my idea. thats the law: )
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:05pm
another thing you have to realize not anyone in marketing field and development field or engineering field will go ahead and just start building something like that with out knowing what it is and how it works and what it made off. because simply you have to put side to side all ++ and -- to see big picture, buisness is a risk taking job, and based on the margin that you will receive from the product.

Edited by gnrlbzik
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:12pm
I still think its just an A-5 variant...Psh the loader is probly going to use the blowback gas to power it.
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2005 at 11:49pm
u wait and see the product : )
JunoTrevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JunoTrevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 2:22pm

I was actually just looking at the Cyclone feed. While the principle is similar, it's method of acomplishing the task is totally different.

For future reference for all ya'll though, here's some advise for you when you start thinking about inventing something. DON'T. You would not BELIEVE the pain in the rear it is trying to make sure you arn't going to be stepping on anyone's patents that already are out there. And you find the strangest stuff too that you wouldn't ever think of. Take this for example: You know the Happy Birthday song that they sing to you on your birthday when you tell them no but they want to embaress you anyway? Well anytime they play that on TV or the radio, Paul McCartney gets a little richer off of a royalty. Consider that haha.

eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 6:24pm
Pretty Cool. Good luck
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 2:45am
As someone who's had to deal with the extreme pain involved in redesigning a paintball gun from the inside out (ask Enos, he's done a lot more than I have), I still cannot for the life of me figure out where anything goes in there. The barrel-loader idea is unique.. questionable because of its location and the question of speed of reloading.. do you have to pull the loading system all the way off the barrel? That's a long way.. Plus the stock looks way too short to be usable for someone my size (~6 feet tall). Also as Enos said, the Q-Loader is patented, and so is just about every hopper idea you can think of. AGD has patents on things that don't even exist yet. So if it involves springs, motors, belts, batteries, etc, it's probably been done and/or patented.

At any rate, it looks good. I just can't see where you're going to put anything if it's all mechanical.

Assuming that grip feeds gas through it, you'd have to either have a brand-new valve to replace the CVX found in Tippmanns (which is what it looks like), or have a super-dense striker to activate it. The charging handle on the top seems to imply an A-5-like arrangement.. Plus there's no space for any of the typical sear or other assemblies to fire it, and if you're using pneumatics to operate it, good luck. No room for those either, trust me.

Honest opinion, no offense intended, it looks like a somewhat redesigned A-5 with a loader on the front.

I'd be very interested in finding out how this ends up and is supposed to function. If you want, go ahead and PM me and I might have some ideas and/or constructive criticism, plus as an insider I could give you some info on any patents you may be infringing on. Not that nobody else could do that, just that I'm willing to. Like I said, I've done some brain-wracking trying to redesign paintball stuff on the inside.

Good luck, at any rate.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 9:44pm
its an illustration just too show how it might look but demensions and rest arnt shown because i dont have final version of how i will place everything.
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 12:51pm
i think it looks great   like a large 552 but great if it was in production id buy it   

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
Iliketippman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliketippman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 4:12pm
what ahppens if a ball breaks inside the barrel and you have to get to it to clean it??
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 4:50pm
thats a good point

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 11:49pm

same stuff that would happen with another gun, u clean it with squidgy.

Edited by gnrlbzik
barrel tap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrel tap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 9:12pm
I personally like the grip designs... the barrel is too big though, i would move the ammo back into the stock above the air system.
VSC Phantom w/ Palmer Stabilizer + Vertical Pump Handle
crix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 11:45pm

maybe include a precharge tank on the inside that was filled by the main tank but not used unless the main ran out.  you could have a "purge" valce to clean the barrel out by shooting a concentrated stream of co2 down the barrel.  i dont know if it qwould work, but it would be a revolution in barrel cleaning. 

i dont know if you know anything about how the mechanical internals and valves will work together, but it doesnt matter, youve got your mind set to do it.  you would be amazed how much you can learn on a forum even if you know nothing to begin with. 

what paintball gun do you currently own?  if you own one, take it apart and see what makes it tick, and youll get a lot more great ideas.  im looking forward to seeing a product from you, and i know that i would buy it, and provide feedback and test it to every extent.  if youre company is willing to fund you like you said they were, then you already have a huge advantage.  if you can afford to fork over the big $$$, i would get a protoype machined and sent to yourself once you think you know EXACTLY how its going to work.

dont give up, and good luck!

gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 12:13am
Thanks guys. Appreciate every feedback, me and my buddies, including JunoTrevan who left feedback, are working on this, so will pay off soon enough : )
B_Wet A-5 View Drop Down
im luvin my pecs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_Wet A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 11:48am
looking hot so far. how much money have u put into it?
I need smallers sigs.
AVIATOR GANG
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2005 at 10:38pm

so far time of 3 people, and we got simpler prototypes of mechanisms, and about couple of hundred dollars : ) we are keep on building simpler prototypes to prove all the theyries we got in our minds as ideas. we need to finish up couple of things maybe soon will have some presintations to get some investment going we will see.

I think i will have to start forum at my server soon : )

yeah about that ammo in the stock, its a good idea but gun is based on the classic paintball design the internals, with some modifications to fit, for low pressure and many other etc. so it is good idea and i might implement it to something like p 990 looking gun but first this one : ) the whole idea is that it acts like a real gun, it takes bullet out of the clip and places it in the barrel, if that would be another way i would have to cover big space between the cartridge and the barrel plus i dont know if i could make it shoot at any angle then.

gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 1:35am
I will finish illustration today finaly last hour of work : )
gnrlbzik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrlbzik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 10:54am
was wrong: ( fell a sleep
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 4:17pm
lookin cool if this thing ever comes out and i can aford it id buy 1.and 4 pages like 80 post its been running for over a month. u just might need yourown server
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic