Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White SATS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White SATS
    Posted: 11 February 2005 at 10:03am
In sociology yesterday we were having a discussion about something but we got way off topic to talking about racism. A black girl in my class said that the SATS we racist against black people because the people that made the SATS are all black. To me i thought this was kind of amusing that and i dont play much into the whole thing. But i said " Why does it matter, we all go to public schools and learn the same material whether you black or white you learn the same thing, now whether you pay attention or not is a different story not racism." So then it brought on a whole other discussion leading to people calling me ignorant white racist. To me my statement made sense. My teacher asked if someone took me and put me in a black inner city home if i would still agree with my statement. I think i would but there just isnt all black people in inner city areas there are whites to so i still think my statement stands. But like they said maybe im just white,ignorant, and racist. Sorry this is pointless but im bored in my computer class and needed something to rant about.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:16am
Doesn't sound racists to me
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:19am
Me neither, its just convenient for her to play the race card. Its so easy, to blame others, "Oh that teacher failed me because im black" Or because im a girl, or whatever other reason, i hear it all to often.
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:22am
Well.. I guess common sense is racist these days. I thought it was just a theory
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:27am
Now it is turning to reverse sexistism and reverse rasism. If you are a white guy itseems like people are more prejiduce against you than they would be about maybe a black woman. I'm not saying all people are like that but some are.

For example, if a woman becomes a doctor no one blinks but if a man wants to become a nurse people think that is messed up.

Or if a white person wants to rap people think that he or she can't do it. But if a black person wants to sing in a pop band no one cares.

These are just some general reflections and do not apply to everybody or everything.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:50am
It probably wasn't racist, but it's an edgy topic to talk about around loud mouthed women who think their opinions matter, even though they have the intelligence of a bag of nails.

There was girls like these (of all races..) in my History class, who randomly chimed in with the dumb opinion that their dumb parents put in their heads. "BUSH JUST WANTS TO KILL AMErICANS THATS WHY WE R STILL IN ERAQ, OOPS IRAQ HAhA."
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:51am
Oh no reverse racism. Good lord.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

It probably wasn't racist, but it's an edgy topic to talk about around
loud mouthed women who think their opinions matter, even though they
have the intelligence of a bag of nails.

Nicely said. Half the people that get up on soap boxes and preach about the travasties of rasism. People, they take every chance to say "LOOK AT ME" What i mean is, people like jese jackson. Running around wanting to be special, they arent special, or enlightened or open minded, they are just racist.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 11:59am
Hey, look - it's the "oe noez, life iz hard 4 white ppl" thread of the week.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:02pm
No one said that. Life is tough for everyone at some point or another.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:04pm
Stop acting like a victim.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:05pm
No one is acting like a victim.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

No one said that. Life is tough for everyone at some point or another.

A-5 did, just about.  But I'm predicting more.

:)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:11pm
Hm, im startin to think people just read too much into the whole race thing. I mean goodness how many times can a person spout. "He faahrd me cuz im a hillbilly, dag nabbit!" Or "He just be racist against mah people!" People cant admit, you failed the test because you are a moron and didnt study. Or I fired you because you never came to work on saturday because you were hungover from friday night.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:13pm
^^^^   Agree with that.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Me neither, its just convenient for her to play the race card. Its so easy, to blame others, "Oh that teacher failed me because im black" Or because im a girl, or whatever other reason, i hear it all to often.

one of the teachers at my school is a white power activist. i have proof, she dropped a flyer and picked it up mad quick but i saw "kkk" on it and a pic of sum black dude hangin from a tree i wished i could punch her in the face but id get expelled and my parents would eat me with a fork
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 12:24pm
Oh my god, thats disgusting, talk to the principle or something.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:21pm
From my point of view, this is a big problem in most of society. We try so hard as a general public not to offend any poor, abused minority. But people have no problem dragging old whitey through the mud!

After all, we brought over the slaves, took the Native Americans land, and have since then held down every minority so that we can have total white power....or at least that's how most close-minded lemmings think about it!

The school system is whacked...you get to be proud to be Mexican/Hispanic, Black, Asian, Indian...basically anything OTHER than Caucasian!

Yes, that's right, White kids are taught to be ashamed of who they are and have no pride in their race, while it's just peachy if a black dude wants to say you're a honky racist mo'fo and fly a black panther flag. Hypocricy? Of course, this is America.

Quite simply, in this country, a black dude can make a television show dissing whites and every other race, but if a white dude was the host of the TV show, there would be an uproar that he is dissing all these other races.

Why is it okay for a black or mexican dude to state their opinion, but when a white dude does it he's a racist?

Personally, I don't care. I grew up in a 99% mexican community, and I don't give a crap who thinks I'm a racist. I know there are genuine'y good people from all walks of life, and I know each race also has their set of scum that represent them.

IMHO, we are far enough removed from the days of inequality that we all need to just **edited** about all this racism garbage...if anything, the white man is getting the short end of the stick because we have gone too far to try and kiss minorities butts.

I'm no racist, I just actually want things to be fair.

Giving a less qualified person a job just because of their race is just as racist as not letting a black man eat at a diner....if you are more qualified than the next guy, you should get the job. It shouldn't mater that you are whiteand he is black. If you can help that company more than he could, he shouldn't get the job.

But in this country it's not fair unless the poor, innocent minorities get their handouts...which to me is not fair.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:26pm
To summarize, PAINTBALL1, you were absolutely right in your comment...it was neither racist nor hurtful. Just your opinion as a person who livs in this country, and you have as much right to that opinion as any black or otherwise.

Simply, it sounds like the loud black girl in your class is the perfect product of our public school system.

She gets to feel all confident about herself because she is a strong/black woman, but you'd better just **edited** because you're the white devil.

The fact is, this country is now racist against white people.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:29pm
Like I said...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic