Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White SATS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:40pm
^You sound like a white dude who isn't proud of who he is....that's a shame.

Why is it considered "pride" and something to admire in a minority, but seen as something bad when it comes from a white man's mouth?

Does my skin have to be dark for me to be taken seriously nowadays?

That's how I feel.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

^You sound like a white dude who isn't proud of who he is....

Why do you say that?

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 1:50pm
It was just kind of a joke, but you do remind me of most of those types of people.

It seems like you would rather discount me than try and listen to anything I have to say.

Why is it not possible that I am the victim? Because that's the way you make it sound.

Why is it not okay for me to voice my opinion as a white man?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:00pm

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

It seems like you would rather discount me than try and listen to anything I have to say.

Well, so far you have mostly ranted, as best I can tell.  Not much to listen to or discount, really.  I will happily carefully address a specific point.

Quote Why is it not possible that I am the victim? Because that's the way you make it sound.

You might be a victim - but you haven't mentioned being a victim so far (unless I missed it), only ranted.

Quote Why is it not okay for me to voice my opinion as a white man?

Of course it is ok.  Your opinion may or may not be ok, but the voicing thereof is (almost) always ok.

PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:42pm
Things are kind of crazy in public schools now with the whole race thing. Theres alot of blacks in my school and alot of rednecks and then everyone else. IT happens alot when the whites state their opinion in a respectful manner and the black kids freak out. I was actually congradualated by about 10 kids for saying what i did, because no one else wanted to say it but they all knew it was true. The race card is played back and forth and is never fair but when is life fair? Its only gonna get worst before it gets better and with all the white kids goin black the next generation wont have a problem with racism. I hate reverse racism and have missed an oppurtunity at a job to someone of another race who was unqualified and the manager knew it and so did everyone else. But thats life, theres not to much to do except state your opinion and deal with it. Theres no way for everything to be equal, maybe there is but it wont happen. Theres always gonna be racism, and reverse racism but now in my opinion i see reverse racism as more of a problem or more frequently then i do straight up racism, but whites cant do anything except spend their time in court or eat the crap we are given. I can tell theres gonna be alot more interestin discussions in sociology as we talk about how people act, and im sure ill have alot to post about.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

I hate reverse racism

Now why do you think it is called "reverse racism"?  How is different from just plain old racism?

Quote ...and have missed an oppurtunity at a job to someone of another race who was unqualified and the manager knew it and so did everyone else.

How can you be so sure...?

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:55pm
A lot of, if not most, black people just have this victim complex in which nothing is their fault and everyone owes them everything. You just witnessed a prime example of it. 

Civeta Dei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civeta Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 2:59pm
I am with Zesty and Diabeu (SP?) on this.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

A lot of, if not most, black people just have this victim complex in which nothing is their fault and everyone owes them everything.  

Certainly true of many black folk, but I think you will find that this complex is hardly the sole domain of black people...   We are seeing some examples....

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 4:41pm
You lost me after the word sociology...
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 4:47pm
It is amazing that using fire actually caught on. Of course back then I am guessing if you didnt like the change, you were burned.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 4:55pm
Many many people have victom complexes. Black, white, cuban, asian, Indian, native americans. The victim complex, or what i call "not my fault-cop out" is rampant in society. Rarely do you hear after a car accident "Oh my gosh are you ok that was really scary" Its almost always "OH MY GOD MY CAR" And in class i hear all to ofter. "I didnt skip one time dis quarter i shud git a A" At witch i say "You do know this is english class..right?" At witch point she says "Is caaalled EBONIX." Wich is just another cop out for the public school system failing to take notice of a black childs lack of grammar skills and not instructing him or her that way our tax dollars intended.

Right now, in america, and you are white, you had better keep on your toes! Or else, if you piss the wrong person off you WILL be labeled a RACIST, my advice to the white people that are reading this is, dont say anything that can be construed as racist, be calm in what you say. And be strong and confident that you are white. You have a lot of heritage going through your skin. Weather you are scotish. You have william wolace to be proud of. If you are french, you have louis pasteur. If you are of british decent you have William Church hill to be proud of. Pride is not a privalage reserved for the minorities of the united states!
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

A lot of, if not most, black people just have this victim complex in which nothing is their fault and everyone owes them everything.  

Certainly true of many black folk, but I think you will find that this complex is hardly the sole domain of black people...   We are seeing some examples....

That's almost always true of almost all "cultural groups" (damn you, political correctness).

My advice is just let it drop. Reguardless of whom is racist towards whom ever, the bottom line is everyone is entitled to the same rights. Why sould some groups be entitled to more rights than others? (or the "right" to say what ever the hell they want with out being critisized beacuse the critisiser does not want to be labeleed as a "racist") (Yes, I'm talking about blacks and their beloved "race card")

The purpose of life is to get drunk, party all over the place, rock out, and enjoy what rights are given to you by the government. Don't let anyone prevent you from doing that beacuse they are lethargic and unqualified for a job (which the just snatched out from under you, beacuse their skin is a darker brown color than yours is.)

Wow, this post went no where. It started out with a good message, but my inferior english skills sort of caused it to go to hell. (ironicaly, english is my first and only language)

Most importantly - People suck.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 5:02pm
***Not to belt.***

* rolls eyes *

Your anti - ebonics theory goes out the window, with your lack of ability to spell in "English."

Edited by Hades

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 5:32pm
I will spell how ever i want. The stuff people bring up in a discusion here is so petty.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 5:35pm

Narrow the population of the world down to 100 and you will find that white people are actually the minority, with 70 people being non-white. 50 would suffer from malnutrition, and 6 people would poses 59% of the worlds population; all 6 would be from the United States. There would only be 8 Africans in this equation. Do what you will with this information, I just thought it was quite interesting to think about.

Clark, you can't exactly wright off anyones responses as rants accept for the originator of this post. Generaly, everything else is just opinions, perhaps bad ones, but opinions none the less. Mainly, I am refering to Zesty's posts that you would only accept as a 'rant'. He has some well structured thoughts placed in to his responses here and with that being the case, you can't lable it as a rant. Why don't you post some thoughts on the subject rather than sit in the thread and try to predict what the twists and turns might bring?

Ignorance is bliss paintball1, don't try to argue with it because those who live in such bliss will seldom refuse to come out of it. You were right in what you said, that since you sat in the same class as the girl who exchanged thoughts on the subject that you both had an equal shot. The test does not know what gender is, it does not know what race is. She doesn't get a different test just because shes black, nor because she is female. She gets the same test as everyone else; the test scores at the end reflect how well she paid attention and absorbed information durring her classes. Can we be angry at her for what she said? Absolutely not. It's her opinion, and while be may be able to disagree with it, we still should respect it. Keep in mind she does not speak for the whole African American population.

And it would be nice if everyone would get the idea of 'reverse' racism out of their heads. Racism isn't just white people against black people, it's also everything else too. It can be black people against white people, asian people against arabic people, it holds no boundries.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

Clark, you can't exactly wright off anyones responses as rants accept for the originator of this post. Generaly, everything else is just opinions, perhaps bad ones, but opinions none the less. Mainly, I am refering to Zesty's posts that you would only accept as a 'rant'. He has some well structured thoughts placed in to his responses here and with that being the case, you can't lable it as a rant.

I figure his post met the 'rant' criteria - explanation points, rhetorical questions, edited obscenities, and the obligatory "I don't care".   :)

I'll admit I read it rather quickly.

Quote Why don't you post some thoughts on the subject rather than sit in the thread and try to predict what the twists and turns might bring?

Exhaustion.

We have had several of these threads in the last few days and weeks, and I am exhausted by them.  They all seem to go in the same direction, I seem to make the same posts, and I am just exhausted.  Maybe later I'll feel up to an actual substantive post on the subject.

:)

Edited by Clark Kent
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 6:36pm
Clark, you are right, my post was a rant, but just because it's a rant does not mean there are no specific points to address....you just choose to ignore them.

I don't have time to get all into it right now, but my basic annoyance is with the whole "minority" label.

I live in California and am white, that makes ME the minority! Yet, when someone has something to say about the white race, I don't call them a racist and tell them to shut their mouths...they have the right to free speech, which I should also have.

If you, as a Mexican person, feel it is your right to disrespect my entire race, then I feel I should be able to say whatever I want about your race without being labeled a racist. Fair is fair.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Hey, look - it's the "oe noez, life iz hard 4 white ppl" thread of the week.

*off topic I know*

I dont know about the mainland, but in Hawaii that statement is true.

If I get a chance I will take pictures of the blatent Racism towards Whites in Hawaii
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic