Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White SATS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Hey, look - it's the "oe noez, life iz hard 4 white ppl" thread of the week.

*off topic I know*

I dont know about the mainland, but in Hawaii that statement is true.

If I get a chance I will take pictures of the blatent Racism towards Whites in Hawaii

Thats to be expected, i doubt they are very much liked. Are these outsiders? Or just white.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Hey, look - it's the "oe noez, life iz hard 4 white ppl" thread of the week.

*off topic I know*

I dont know about the mainland, but in Hawaii that statement is true.

If I get a chance I will take pictures of the blatent Racism towards Whites in Hawaii

Thats to be expected, i doubt they are very much liked. Are these outsiders? Or just white.

Tourists and new residents especially, but whites in general.

Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of nice Hawaiians, quite a few are friends of mine (Kulia if you remember her), but a fair share of them are about as narrowminded as the KKK.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:18pm

Someone told me that races like black and Hispanic get extra points on the SATs. I guess they were wrong?

too lazy for quote button...
Zesty said, "If you, as a Mexican person, feel it is your right to disrespect my entire race, then I feel I should be able to say whatever I want about your race without being labeled a racist. Fair is fair."

That's how I see it. If only other people did.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by St. Jimmy St. Jimmy wrote:

Someone told me that races like black and Hispanic get extra points on the SATs. I guess they were wrong?

Wrong.  Not true.  Some colleges give extra admission points to minorities, but the SAT scores are neutral.

Individual test items are routinely discarded when they are statistically disfavorable to one group or another, but that is a different matter...

Quote too lazy for quote button...
Zesty said, "If you, as a Mexican person, feel it is your right to disrespect my entire race, then I feel I should be able to say whatever I want about your race without being labeled a racist. Fair is fair."

That just makes you both racists, assuming you mean what you are saying.  Racism is an attitude and a belief system, not a form of retaliation.  Words may reflect beliefs, but they do not create them.

St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:28pm
No, I don't mean it in a sense that I dislike the whole group but I mean it to get back at the specific person.
E-98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 8:52pm

http://www.calstatela.edu/centers/ckaks/census/71803_table5. pdf

Sorry Clark, but I fail to see any relevance in this link.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2005 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by E-98 E-98 wrote:

My point:

In every state in this country, including Hawaii, whites (as a group) do all right.  They aren't always the richest group, but they are NEVER the poorest, and not by a long shot.

In Hawaii, there are twice as many poor Pacific Islanders as there are poor whites.  That race advantage is even bigger in other states.  Whites as a group are never disadvantaged.  Not even in Hawaii, which arguably is more part of Japan than the US.

My point is this:  If God picked you up, and said "ok, do-over time.  You are going to be reborn (literally) back on your original birthday.  I will pick a random location within the US, and a random social class, and a random family, and a random body with random intellect, but you get to pick your new race.  Choose now."

Putting aside any sentimental preferences for the moment - based solely on the overall life advantage of being of one race versus another, white would be the only logical choice.  If you think being able to use "n1gger" with immunity, and the occasional affirmative action, makes up for the tremendous advantages that whites have in this country, you haven't looked around enough.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:52am

Originally posted by E-98 E-98 wrote:

My point:

In every state in this country, including Hawaii, whites (as a group) do all right.  They aren't always the richest group, but they are NEVER the poorest, and not by a long shot.

In Hawaii, there are twice as many poor Pacific Islanders as there are poor whites.  That race advantage is even bigger in other states.  Whites as a group are never disadvantaged.  Not even in Hawaii, which arguably is more part of Japan than the US.

My point is this:  If God picked you up, and said "ok, do-over time.  You are going to be reborn (literally) back on your original birthday.  I will pick a random location within the US, and a random social class, and a random family, and a random body with random intellect, but you get to pick your new race.  Choose now."

Putting aside any sentimental preferences for the moment - based solely on the overall life advantage of being of one race versus another, white would be the only logical choice.  If you think being able to use "n1gger" with immunity, and the occasional affirmative action, makes up for the tremendous advantages that whites have in this country, you haven't looked around enough.

Economic status plays no role in the racism towards whites in Hawaii, well a slight one, but its all about Hawaii's history.

As some of you may know, over 100 years ago a group of American bussinessmen overthrew the queen and were responsible for the annexation of Hawaii.  They did this because of the tax on Sugar being imported into the United States.

Because these bussinessmen overthrew the queen they hold a deep grudge towards whites.  It doesnt stop there.  Because Hawaiians had no exposure to diseases like Europeans, they became infected easily and many died from diseses brought with explorers and missionaries.  Because of European influence the Hawaiian people began to die out

Now, its been over 100 years, Whites certainetly did not intend for so much loss towards Hawaiians, but it happened.  Its different there, the only whites in Hawaii that are racist towards Hawaiians are like that because of racism towards them.  You can argue all you want about how its the same as it is on the mainland, but it is not.  It may be similar, but it is not the same.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 11:33am

Economic status plays no role in the racism towards whites in Hawaii, well a slight one, but its all about Hawaii's history.

...  You can argue all you want about how its the same as it is on the mainland, but it is not.  It may be similar, but it is not the same.

Race relations are always different from place to place.  They are very different in New York from Atlanta, from Tokyo, and certainly from Hawaii.  Local history always plays a part.  Certainly.

But to conclude from that that current economic conditions are not that important is to overlook the obvious.  When you drive around Hawaii, who lives in the little shacks on the side of the street?  It's not white people or Japanese...

Native Hawaiians grow up, remembering how this is "their" island, and then seeing how all the Japanese and haoles have most of the good jobs, more money, and don't live in shacks - how can they NOT harbor some resentment?

History is certainly a part of race relations everywhere - but so is current status.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:01pm

If they get a black history week how come I dont get a white history week.

Johndcjr1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johndcjr1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:08pm
well im a white and proud but not racist.  like sometimes theyre are stereotypes of all races that get picked on or made fun of just jokingly with no racist motive behind it.  i still fly the rebel flag but to me it stands for southern heritage and not for hatred.  but if one of my teachers had **edited** like that in her classroom and i saw it i would be like what the **edited** was that and start causing trouble and then just leave to go to the principal or something.
Rockin' the Ironman Intimidator.

The Original Redneck Gangsta
St. Jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St. Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

If they get a black history week how come I dont get a white history week.

Wow, another one of these topics... Well I'm not for caucasian history week but how bout native american history week? Every day most people see at least one african american but when was the last time any of us actually saw a REAL native american? I've never met one in person my entire life.

A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:17pm
I have...one of my best friends grandpa.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:19pm
If they get BET why dont we get WET.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 12:30pm
^^^^  Haven't we covered that a zillion times already?
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:02pm
Tae is being sarcastic, because someone else will probably end up saying that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:03pm

ah... silly me.

me = exhausted

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:04pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Tae is being sarcastic, because someone else will probably end up saying that.

Yeah. I thought you knew me better, Clark.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:14pm
*blushes*
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2005 at 1:36pm

well, im not racist, but the black people and the hicks at my school are always fighting.  Not because of race, but because the hicks will be nice to 'em (because the hicks at my school are actually really nice people, the basset ive ever met...like the type of guy you'd want to storm the beach on D-Day with) and the black people freak out and say "ZOMGORZ U AR3 JUST BEING NICE CAS IM BLACK YO!!1!!1!1!!"

I asked a black dude why they played the race card ALL the time and he said "I don't know, were raised that way, out parents kind of always blamed white people for everything so we just kind of got raised like that."

So pretty much its not REALLY the new generation's fault. Of course, it is in a way for not stoping the chain, but its really past generation's fault for passing hate on.  Something  can be done to stop racism, just don't talk about it.  I know its one of those "dont talk aobut it and it will go away" things.  But its true, just leave it.  Its not  worth the time and energy.  People who play the race card do it for attention.  Just like little kids scream and yell and cry for attention.   If we ignore it, they'll stop and we'll all live happily ever after.

Keep in mind im not trying to sound racist, but i hate it when people play the race card.  I actually got jumped for saying this to a group of black people while they were harassing me.  Thank god for police patrol...thats all i have to say.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic