Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of Stalingrad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 8:43pm
I'm trying to put together a Russian uniform, I've found some of the stuff, just need to order it. There will be quite a few people in some kind of uniform hopefully, I don't want to stand out too much . Na, 900 isn't too far fetched; D-Day was almost 3000. Hope to see you there!
It seems like all the cool cats do this:
Custom 98, Flatline, r/t, CAR stock, custom camo paintjob, which every hopper I feel like putting on it, vertical adapter, oh dibs, I'm running out of charact
Wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 11:25pm
Nice, sounds great. Hope to get my hands on some Russian uniform parts myself. Anyone has any suggestions where I can find some cheap Russian WWII stuff?
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 8:32pm
look on ebay, or better, military shows. repro russian stuff is very cheap. i got a whole repro uniform from a military show for $120 i think. check your local convention or expo centers for shows..
DrexelSkaPB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 9:42pm

I just ordered some Russian stuff from here:

www.sportsmansguide.com

Here's a search I did on SMG for "Russian":

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=category& amp;k=Russian&a=browse&c=&p=2

Custom 98, Flatline, r/t, CAR stock, custom camo paintjob, which every hopper I feel like putting on it, vertical adapter, oh dibs, I'm running out of charact
Wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 10:52pm
Very awsome find Drexel. I have'nt seen these helmets that cheap anywhere!

What other kind of stuff did u find useful for ur team/scenario games, Drex?

Edited by Wolfman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:10pm

Oh, I didn't get anything for my team, lol, just me, if they want stuff they have to get it themselves.

I bought the Russian wool over coat, Russian belt, and a set of British triple ammo pouches. The ammo pouches aren't Russian, but they look similar. Total it's only costing me less than $50, plus shipping. I was thinking about buying a helmet because they are so cheap, but I already own a Russian fur hat (the kind with the ear flaps and Soviet emblem on the front). This will all complement my marker, which I will not tell what it is, I'd prefer to keep it hush-hush until I get some pictures in the gallery.

Wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 1:26am
Yeah that would look neat man. I am looking for a WW2 Rain Cape, cant find one for cheap though.

I guess I'll just put a red star on the helmet that I ordered form that site. Figure thats close enough for the rest to see who I'm playing for, that and my teammates AK-47 a-5

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:02am

i forgot about sportsmans guide. like i said, its very cheap. i wish i could wear my SS repro helmet to stalingrad, just whitewashed it too, but my mask gets in the way.

i painted a star on my russian helmet with some poster paint. it looks great, and doesnt wear off unless you rub at it. i wear it when 4 wheeling. thats the cheapest and somewhat accurate way.

SchoolU101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 6:54pm
Darn. I paid $50 for practically the same coat on eBay. Don't I feel stupid. But then, mine has some military ups.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
Wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:32pm
Trigger do u have the same type of helmet that I ordered from Sportsman http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=78507 ? If you do I just want to know if the mask gets in the way when you put it on. I got a V-force and I'm hoping that it doesnt get a lense crack from having any contact with the helmet.

Edited by Wolfman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 7:45pm

mine is just like it. i tried using goggles with it once, with the brim and top molding off, i still had to push the helmet up a lot to use it. its possible, but looks dumb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 10:11pm
^Adds more hard target for people to shoot at, too.
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2005 at 9:45am
ill either be wearing my urban assult uniform for my team or ill be wearing one of my grandpas russian uniform from WW2 cause he was in it btw if n e 1 wants one i have 3 of em just let me kno ill be standin by the sign in place early in the mornin i have a Tipp A5 w/ car stock and 14" J&J, and 30mm sight so ull see me just come ova and say hey and ill have extras ppl can have
Wolfman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2005 at 9:03pm
Dman it, that could be a problem. Well I still hope that I can make the helmet fit. If for some reason it does not, I'll go to plan B and get a soviet hat "pilotka".

PaintballkidEPS, are you giving away russian uniforms?
BigEd88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigEd88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 5:21pm
I didn't preregister but would like to go to, this would be my first scenario game, and probably will be my first game with my gun that i got Friday.  How much is it if you don't pre-register?

Tippmann Tactical 98 Custom
startskankin23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote startskankin23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 5:31pm
im going German

my reasons:
1).the russians are defending; defending is stupid u sit there and massacure people until u eveulaly get destoryed. I was american at dday and i found assulting definatly more fun then defending.

2). my friends are going german

3) there are less germans then Russians

4) was an ally at Dday gotta be axis atleast once

HIEL HITLER (just for stallengrad come dday its DOWN WITH HITLER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote startskankin23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 5:33pm
if any germans wanna meet up PM me and we can see if we can set something up, or if ne russians wanna get schooled just ask i will be more then happy to. See you all there

GO TO D-DAY

Edited by startskankin23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrexelSkaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 6:42pm

Wolfman: The pilotka would be pretty sweet.

BigEd88: If you register anytime before the event, I believe it costs $48 for admission. The walk-on admission cost is $55.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote startskankin23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 7:08pm

here we go germans here we go

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2005 at 7:23pm
Finnaly, another Deutscher Soldat! Going to bring the Russian Bear to his knees! This will be my first scenario as well. Dont know what to really expect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic