Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West point scenario

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colddawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 11:00am
Right on, I want to get down there for the fall game.
When I checked the Army paintball site they didnt have any info up for it
yet.

But It would be really cool to head down there. I have been to west point
numerous times, my uncle used to teach there. So it would be cool to play
some woodball with some serious dudes. Although the crew we play with
now are pretty serious as well.

But yeah, when the time comes I will look into it. West point is only about
and hour and 15 mins away.
98 Custom
JJ Ceramic 12 Barrell
(now a lapco 14 Big Shot as well )
Pro Team Power Feed
EC
Rocket Cock
Double Trigger
12 & 20 oz Tank

Whats Next

12V VL Revolution
Drop Forward
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by whitney1 whitney1 wrote:

The game was good, too bad we lost due to those transportation problems. Those same people who called Blue's Crew wipers were wiping themselves. They even bragged about it on the humvees.

I believe it. In fact, I think a few of the people that played on with obvious hits were with the skulls now that I think about it. There were a couple people in gray shirts like the ones they were wearing that took dozens of hits before actually leaving. What bothered me the most though were the people that would call themselves out, start walking out, and then start shooting at you again. I had to shoot one guy out about 4 times before he actually left the game.

I do think it was odd that every time the blue side ran out of paint or air, the red team had 3 truck loads of fresh reinforcements while we couldn't even get the paint truck to come back to us. They didn't win, the game was handed to them on a silver platter.

That was a bunch of horse crap too. On saturday we were running them off the field at a steady pace until we all ran out of ammo and had to wait for the hummvees. I was waiting at the airfield for almost an hour before I got a ride back and I saw tons of hummvees driving through with red guys in the back. That was the only reason that the game turned on us. The reds had a full team out there and we had probably 30 guys able to fight, everybody else had no ammo.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 6:07am
OK Guys,

As you know I started out the game as general after the first 30 minutes I ran with Blues Crew the rest of the day.

First off the Cadets messed up this game once agin big time. There is no control of players at all. People were cheating on the red team and I even saw the Red General wipe at least 2 times after he was worth 300 points.

People on the red team were being shot and leaving the game. While I was making sure my team at the airport was walking out when they were hit.

The Cadets were watching people get shot and not making them leave the game. They did not know what a paint check was.

The transportation was one sided, we would have to leave the field not because we were dead but because we were out of air and paint. The red team would show up and kill everyone left plus over shoot the guys waiting for the trucks. One time after waiting for a truck for 1.5 hrs I walked back. I was told it was 3 miles. The Red team was also using non field paint and hot smoke and started 3 fires that had to be put out. During a ceasefire for one of the fires the red tram advanced 100 yards under their Generals order and the refs would not push them back.

When I got back I informed the Major in charge of the mess ups and turned over my command. I was so pissed that I wanted some revenge.

I then re-inserted with Blues Crew so I can say I was with them the whole day.

I will tell everyone this once. Blues Crew DOES NOT Wipe! In fact they check each other as they go. The rule for the crew is if you are caught wiping you are not on the team anymore. I did not see any wiping by Blues Crew.

I did however see them tell others that they were hit and ask them to leave.

I did see them ask players who were removing their masks to put them back on.

I did see them give players that they did not know paint to keep the battle going for a little longer.

This game was messed up from the start. However I spent several hours talking to the Major about how to fix it for the fall game.

You will see hired refs that play paintball, you will see player refs, you will see trucks assigned to each team, and there will be better control of the game.

The cadets know they messed up and will be fixing it. They were down on head count and that got their attention.

If anyone has any problems with the game, let's do it off line so we do not hurt the cadets anymore.

Thanks,

TS

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
senseijim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senseijim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 6:43pm
Hey Engler, that is an SVD?  Nice.  Very nice!!  I always wanted one.  As I told you, I was a gun dealer for 13 years and I got to try Ak74 bored out from 5.45 to 5.56, and it was a tack driver.  It was a Polytechnics.  I prefer it over the 16, but enough real gun talk.

There were a lot of referees, but since there were so many players, and the field was so huge, there were firefights going on everywhere.  The refs stay near the main action. 

Who knows where the enemy will pop up?  We had a bad infestation of reds near the airfield and we swept the hill, but we missed a pocket of reds.  They hit one of our squads, and our guys accused them of flanking out of bounds.  They didn't.  we missed them in our sweep.  How do I know?  Well, one of my team was on the red side, and he was in that pocket.  This stuff just happens.  

I don't know about cheating.  When I started on Red at about 1130, I heard almost everyone saying that the blues were cheating.  I went over to the US side, and was with the blues.  When we got to the river, I was the guy in brown that led them around the corner and toward the Red sam site.  In all that time, I didn't see the blues cheating.

With the same generosity, I suspect that the Skulls were dealt a bad hand.  The skulls were "rumored" to be cheating, but that may be the product of an active imagination.  One thing that may have given the appearance of cheating is that a general can stop you and send you back into battle.  I met the Red general on the road and he said that I could go right back into battle.  That was cool.  I have a knee that is a little bad, and I really didn't want to walk back to the reinsertion point.  I'd walked that long walk from the airfield to the reinsert point seven times, and I ddin't want to do it again.  That general stayed near the front lines and was putting our guys back in.  That, if I may say so, was awesome. 

But, as I said, this made some people think that we Chinese were cheating. It was PERFECTLY legal.  I checked with one of the West Point guys, so I know. 

The skulls are a bunch of younger players.  If they did cheat, (and I doubt that they did) then I don't think they will next time.  I talked with a few of them, and they seemed like really good kids.   My man Tazz was watching them and said that they were aggresive and flanked well.  Tazz is hard corp old school, and he doesn't say nice things about anyone unless they earn it.  Also, their leader was the red general, and he was absolutely awesome.  A really nice person and frustrated with being stuck in the rear with the gear.  On Sunday, he got carried away, and (I could tell he wouldn't be able to stay in the rear) got too close to the front and was killed.  That cost Red 250 points. 

Rumors suck.  Did you ever notice that when a team is getting pounded, the rumors start to fly about the enemy.  Maybe no one was cheating on a team level.  It may just be rumors combined with thick brush and active imagination.

The referees were great.  They heard "rumors' that Blues crew was cheating and they sent a few refs to watch over them.  No one (as far as I know) saw any cheating.  I played both sides, so I don't look at it through red or blue colored glasses. 

Incidentally, despite the wide spread rumors about the blues, I saw Blues crew people helping a few people out.  They seemed ok to me. 

Oh, my knee kept me from walking sometime, and I would stop and talk to the referees.  One, whose name was Scott, was in my AO and I asked him what he did for "fun." His idea of fun is to play paintball.  Now, I ran a field for more than ten years, and  I think that the refs handled some pretty tough situations in a sterling manner. 

For instance, at around 2, the US team hopped on transport and went to lunch.  What do you do when a whole side disappears?   Well, you even up teams, but the reds didn't want to go blue. 

They had been fighting really hard and were extremely loyal to their team mates.  They didn't want to go Blue.  My friend Taz, a retired Army Sergeant, argued with me a few weeks ago. He said that he  didn't want to be Red (chinese.)  He has this whole US loyalty thing. But, because the reds were in need of people, he enlisted.  After he played with Force Recon, Pain, and the Raiders, but when he had the chance to jump ship, he didn't want to.  He was loyal to his communist team-mates.  I enjoyed that.  It shows that comradeship amongst "Komrades" is important.

Hey, I really felt bad that I didn't recognise you guys.  I like the fact that Big Ed had his name on the front of his harness.   I suggest we all get our forum names printed on tags, and put them on our uniforms. AT the fall West Point event, I will have mine.

Incidentally, does anyone know what the next theme will be?  C'mon cadets.  It's never too early to post the next event.  If you can't give us an exact date, then at least give us a theme.  We need to know!!  We want to collect our coolie hats, turbans, camels and ak 47 mods, so we will look the part.  Finding a decent camel takes months.  Riding him there may take a few more months.

Edited by senseijim
www.geocities.com/dog470soldier/page2.html?1101305476 570
www.geocities.com/southhillspb/index.html?11012655631 40
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:30am
It's interesting tha tI was the Blue general and was not told I could heal players.

I however was in the big battles and was people wipe in front of refs.

We will not see Blues Crew again at West Point. They were insulted and will not be back.

I think a lot of people were thinking they were getting hits but were hitting branches.

I do know that the blue team left the field because we were out of paint and air.

I have been speaking with the Major and you will see an update soon with Major changes to how things are done.

They used to draw 500 players to this event. They only had 250. He agrees it's time for a change.

Eric Engler
President
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 8:11am

Doesnt sound a whole lot different than the game I made last year.

That sucks about Blues Crew though, When I ran into them, they were a decent bunch of guys, and invited me and my boys to EMR for their big game.

Sounds rather chaotic on the whole....I think until I hear some good reports I may just follow Dredly's route and save my money...its too bad, because I got to meet a good bunch of guys last year.

I'll keep my ear to the ground for improvements, and I've got no doubt that under Thompsons tutelage it couldnt help but get better. Good luck with it in the future, and maybe you'll see me there when its all hammered out.

?

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:33am
So how was it guys? fun?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 2:51pm
if you liked the chaos lack of safety and cheating it was fun.

I did not have a good time.

Eric Engler
President
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:02pm
I enjoyed the first 2 hours or so and a few parts of the second day. At the beginning everything was going great. I didn't see much cheating going on and there was a lot of intense fighting going on. Another thing that was cool was that I was coordinating the attack on the airfield from the right flank with a guy on the left and we pushed them out in no time at all. We originally headed up the road but there were tons of reds in the airfield dug in so there was no chance of going that way. Then a lot of people headed to the left flank to go through the woods but obviously the reds saw this and setup defense on the flank so I got a small group of people to head up the hill to the right with me and through there we beat up their weak right flank and began to pick apart the guys blocking the road. Once people started disappearing they sent people from the left flank to fill in their spots and that's when we pushed up and I told our guys on the left to make a push. It worked great and we took the airfield very quickly. I think somebody said we got it in less than a half hour. After we secured the airfield we kept advancing and we were making great progress until we started running out of supplies. This wouldn't have been such a problem if the hummvees would've picked some of us up instead of only getting the reds but we got shafted. It got to the point where we had only about 30 guys left that were running low on ammo and they had almost their whole team with full air and paint. We put up a fight but obviously we couldn't hold out for long and they reversed everything we did when the game started.

After that it just got really hard to get the whole team out there at once so we couldn't really come back from that. There was one point on sunday when we pushed our way to the red base and captured it but the refs had to help us out. We were extremely outnumbered and having a lot of trouble. I also noticed that a lot of people were shooting hot and using non-field paint. I was shooting at about 280 which was the field limit and there were red guys shooting much farther than me without flatlines. I had one of those bounce off of my head and it actually got me a little dizzy for a second because it hit so hard. This shot came from a good distance away too.

Overall I had a fairly good time. There were some really annoying things and some really good things about it so on average it was a good weekend of paintball. The weather was great too, unlike last year when it was cold and rainy. Even though there is still room for improvement I think they have made some progress since last year. I'll probably go again next year but if they don't show some serious changes then it may be the last time. They seem to slowly be getting better so as long as they keep that up I'll keep going but if not then I'll just save up and go to EMR instead. Blue's Crew are good people, it's a shame that they don't want to go back. If the skulls decided not to return then I wouldn't be too disappointed though, they were very rude and annoying at the end of the game. It's one thing to tease other players but they were just insulting everybody on the blue team and talking a bunch of crap which is completely unneccesary. The 7 year-old kids with them were acting more mature than the teenagers which I think is very sad.

Thompson, you might want to give skirmish another try. From what I've seen, they aren't as bad as they were when you went. They don't have as many refs as they should but the ones that were there last year did a pretty good job of keeping the players under control. I like the game structure of D-day more too. They still kind of stick to the attack and defend style missions at west point which is ok but that gets kind of old after a while. There are also far more people so the fighting gets extremely intense, especially on the beach. If you buy paint in a group then you get it down to like $70-$75 per case and admission is $49 so it's only a little more expensive than west point so I think it's worth it. Maybe we can get a small group of forumers to band together there and just run missions constantly. You could be the general again if you wanted to or we could just try to get on the general's good side so we get the missions. I think just getting a group of us together would make the experience fun whether they run it well or not and chances are that they'll run d-day better than the west point games anyway.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
senseijim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senseijim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:09am
I've had some contact with Thompson before, and I know him to be good guy.  Thompson, I was the guy that suggested that you contact that company forfor AR lowers.   REmeber Von was the owner?   I know he wouldn't make a rash decision, but sometimes we don't have all the information that we could have.

A lot of what seemed to be "out of control" circumstances at the point were really not. 

The cadets need new compressors to do the fills.  As I understand it, the ones they have are older and less reliable.  Also transport was at a premium, and only one hummer was doing ammo and air.  That meant that one side was getting resupplied and the other wasn't.  Remember that the cadets were spread thin.  They were also putting out forest fires.  Two guys were required to man each ammo truck and the compressor wasn't working on one.  Also every truckd and driver was needed for transport.  With player refs, more cadets will be able to lineback and put out fires.  (i don't mean smoke grenade fires)   Hudson valley should find a smoke that isn't "hot."

As "warriors" we are all aware that the fog of war creates chaos and that we can lose a battle by lack of info. 

For instance, on Saturday, the Reds were waiting for transport to go to lunch.  They were in the red respawn area.  Unfortunately, almost evreryone but them knew that the humvees were picking up at the airport.  The refs clearly stated this, but a few people assumed that the hummers wouild still be going to Reds reinsert point.

The accusations fly when people are faced with a superior enemy.  I had people on red, and they tell me that those skullls were very aggressive and were cunning and daring.  I fought side by side with Blue's Crew, and I will tell you  that they are an efficient fighting machine.  Now, as someone who has run a field, played, and Reffed for about 17 years, I can tell you that the good guys appear to be bullet proof, and they may be too good to be playing straight, but they do.  Often it is just skill.  You place yourself behind a bush, and it takes the enemy's incoming. 
In conclusion, I will say that Skulls and Blues C. were accused, but it doesn't mean that they were cheating. 

I took more rounds from the skulls than anyone on Saturday afternoon.  I was the guy in brown with the old gun that kept attacking up the road and into their fortification.   Me and the E-7 with the red gun.  I've got the welts to prove it.

Those skulls would talk to me and some even complemented me.  They weren't that bad.  Maybe they were better than they should have been at their age.  One of them came down and wanted to see the big guy that attacked up the road.  They thought that I was cheating because I went down to the bridge and came back so quickly.  (the Referee established that as our reinsert point)   So, I explainedthat I had "reinserted"  and wasn't cheating.   You see how the reds might think we were wiping and coming back.  Also the blues might think the reds were coming back quickly, but that was because thier general was a little  behind their lines.   He legally put them back into the game.

It might look like something bad is happening, but everything was cool. 

A skilled person can stay alive a lot longer under extreme circumstances.  That may make some think that he is cheating.  He doesn't have to.

Major McLean, the head honcho at West Point seems to be a good Joe.  I listened to him and he honestly wants to pull this operation up by its bootstraps and from what I heard, the fall event will be awesome. 

Thompson has mentioned a few new things that will be different in the fall event.  That surprised me.  Maj. McLean didn't waste any time.   I've seen leaders take months to decide an issue.  The Major is a rare case.  Those changes were made during the weekend, and more will  come before fall.  Expect a totally new experience.

Does anyone have any idea what the next West point scenario will be?   Thompson, you seem to be on the inside.  Any word?

Incidentally, our German reenactors are building a Strumgehshutz Aus 3 from a Mazda.  Any advice?   Can tanks knock out bunkers.  How is that done?

Edited by senseijim
www.geocities.com/dog470soldier/page2.html?1101305476 570
www.geocities.com/southhillspb/index.html?11012655631 40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic