Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball Sam’s Big Game I SE WI!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball Sam’s Big Game I SE WI!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:33pm
yes, its that time of the year again, Paintball Sam's is having their annual Spring Big Game.  April 30th and May 1st. 

Free play
but its field paint only
preorders $80 something a case... 40 something for a half case
at the field its like 100 a case... so preorder!!!!

unfortunately Sam's hasn't updated their site for the game yet.... maybe because it is a ways off... but i'm excited. 

so everyone from around the area, WI, IL... etc... should come up or down... or whatever and play some paintball with a few hundred people.  it's always a fun time. 

Maybe if enough forumers will show up we can get together for lunch or something... i'm sure i have a charcoal grill i can steal for a day. 
Hyper View Drop Down
I feel fresh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 6:08pm
Uhhh....yeah.....early, but excited nonetheless.

www.paintballsams.com
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:12pm
Sounds expensive and not really my thing, but I'll keep that date open.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 2:13pm
60 some days early, but on the mark procarb...

and Yes, I will be there along with others from MN.

Jochen

Edited by Jochen
Team Identity Crisis

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 3:33pm
heh... i just wanted you guys to come out of the darkness!

and it looks like someone saw my post and they updated the site with dates for pre-ordering paint. 
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

heh... i just wanted you guys to come out of the darkness!

and it looks like someone saw my post and they updated the site with dates for pre-ordering paint. 

It looks like you are correct Procarb, the website was not updated as of yesterday... GOOD JOB!

Jochen
Team Identity Crisis

HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 6:27pm
Ill try and be there. If you get ur Ion or if i get a gun befor then ill be there. Other wise well see whats going to happen.
Hyper View Drop Down
I feel fresh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2005 at 3:52pm
I just hope they don't play short field again! That sorta sucked! Ruined all my plans!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 5:45pm

heh... you guys and your "plans"... i prefer following the group taking a tape and just walking all the way to the other fort just to meet you guys there.  Thats what usually happens anyway. 

but if i'm not mistaken, they have the best turn out in spring

Hyper View Drop Down
I feel fresh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

heh... you guys and your "plans"... i prefer following the group taking a tape and just walking all the way to the other fort just to meet you guys there.  Thats what usually happens anyway. 

but if i'm not mistaken, they have the best turn out in spring

No offence, but..

The reason you're prob. able to "walk the tape" is due to a lot of our crew's blood sweat and tears. We like to MAKE things happen not wait for an opening. It does take a lot of teamwork, but more often than not the boys are making hard pushes where others sit stagnant. That's why I love playing with these guys...Jochen, Jefangel, Slasherdan, and others you wouldn't know. They would rather lead than follow.

Yeah, I suppose we could sit back a watch...sometimes that happens....we ARE getting older....but we like the action!

Even on short field last time, I made it (alone) to the ridge. I was able to hold that until the rest of the team came up. We were getting surrounded, but held the critical ground. This allowed our crew to push through the far barrel fort and to the red base.

Everyone plays a little diff. I guess.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 2:26pm

heh... yeah... you guys do make a lot happen.  usually I end up yelling at people to move up.  one game last time white was making a push on the hyperball field and no one had the balls to try to make into the field and take some ground.  I decided to run balls to the wall into the field to see where i could get.  I ended up about 2 bunkers in on one of the sides before i got lit up.  If i would have slid earlier there was no doubt in my mind that i would have made it and made a lot of blue player's lives miserable from where i was.  but of course the white team behind me did nothing besides pop off a few longball shots. 

i guess i like working with a fairly large group, which can be really effective at times if playing the right way.  The trick is to motivate them and get them to do the right thing instead of just sitting there longballing. 

plus... i'm young... i mostly play speedball now... my woods tactics are just about shot

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:12pm
^^^Well, you just made it exciting sounding enough, so, I'm in 
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

slasherdan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasherdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:45am

Ahhh ....  And Hyper throws the first punch!!

Well you guys will be a little annoyed with my new Marker.  I'm getting back to the basics and I'm having a blast.  It's forcing me to work on my "one shot-one kill" skill once more.

But what the hell .... it's a Phantom and if it isn't raining I'll hook my warp feed up to it just to have some fun. 

:-)

I'll make that Thunder run with no problem if I'm carrying 10 round tubes and 12 grams.  Hell that's what I start with at Sam's back when they first opened ..... no reason I can't do it still.  :-)

I'll post a picture of it tonight if I can get away from the wife for 20 minutes.

Hauptmann Kurt "SlasherDan" Benson
6th Fallschirmjager-Regiment, Pionere.Kompanie.1
Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:51am
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

^^^Well, you just made it exciting sounding enough, so, I'm in 

Jeep, you wont be disappointed... The group that Hyper mentioned likes to get up in the front line and getting that push going to break up the blue teams line and continue pushing to their fort...

We've had some pretty interesting and fun times getting in behind the blue team's line and causing havoc..

Definitely not to be missed.

Jochen
Team Identity Crisis

Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:54am
Originally posted by slasherdan slasherdan wrote:

Ahhh ....  And Hyper throws the first punch!!

Well you guys will be a little annoyed with my new Marker.  I'm getting back to the basics and I'm having a blast.  It's forcing me to work on my "one shot-one kill" skill once more.

But what the hell .... it's a Phantom and if it isn't raining I'll hook my warp feed up to it just to have some fun. 

:-)

I'll make that Thunder run with no problem if I'm carrying 10 round tubes and 12 grams.  Hell that's what I start with at Sam's back when they first opened ..... no reason I can't do it still.  :-)

I'll post a picture of it tonight if I can get away from the wife for 20 minutes.

We wont be annoyed with you Slasher... We know you know how to handle yourself.. plus, if you call for backup, you know I got ya covered... !

Hyper makes a great point - If we concentrated our push area, we could break the blue team line in half and then curl around the open ends..

Jochen

Edited by Jochen
Team Identity Crisis

Jochen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jochen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Hyper Hyper wrote:

No offence, but..

The reason you're prob. able to "walk the tape" is due to a lot of our crew's blood sweat and tears. We like to MAKE things happen not wait for an opening. It does take a lot of teamwork, but more often than not the boys are making hard pushes where others sit stagnant. That's why I love playing with these guys...Jochen, Jefangel, Slasherdan, and others you wouldn't know. They would rather lead than follow.

Yeah, I suppose we could sit back a watch...sometimes that happens....we ARE getting older....but we like the action!

Even on short field last time, I made it (alone) to the ridge. I was able to hold that until the rest of the team came up. We were getting surrounded, but held the critical ground. This allowed our crew to push through the far barrel fort and to the red base.

Everyone plays a little diff. I guess.

Hyper, you give us too much credit here... But I do appreciate it..

Keep in mind that you are a part of the "make it happen squad". Especially when I call you on the radio to follow me out into the open field area and my A5 craps out(hopper pin)and I don't say anything until you clear out the opposition...

Hyper quote(05/02/04): "what, you couldn't shoot anything?. nice"

Jochen

Edited by Jochen
Team Identity Crisis

Hyper View Drop Down
I feel fresh...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:33am
Heh, I forgot about that! That was crazy!....All the swamp water and paintballs flying....I can't believe we made it there and shot some of those kids out....they all bugged out b/c of our crazy run! What that must've looked like!

...and then to find out your gun went down!!!

I love the time when You, Jefangel and I stopped in the middle of the swamp to clean a gun and caught a guy sneaking up behind our advancing team...Jefangel got all excited & started to take off, till I looked and saw you holding his hopper! "uhhhhh, Jeff...forgetting something?" I keep invisioning him dry firing w/o a hopper at this guy, then getting lit the hell up.

Slasher, what happened to the Palmers?

PS...it may be more of a ThunderJOG this year, after I realized my out of shape legs turned to jello about half way last year.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasherdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:06pm

Still have the Palmers ....  And my RT ULE ....

But after playing with this Stock Class group, I've found that I really lost a lot of skill when I went semi back in 91 ..... So it's back to the basics for me.

This one guy plays speedball with all these guys and he cleans house.  I'll be running into all of them this weekend and I'll see what I can do to get everyone to join up with us.

They call themselves The Gunfighters, and they are that good.  Spent most of my time trying to get back into the groove. 

I got the Phantom because I could change from Stock class to modified pump with the switch of a body.  The Phantoms are nice, light, and super accurate.  I'll make Thunder Run .... I might even get a few guys out.  But this gun will be really nasty on Nic.  :-)

Remember that Turkey shoot we had?!?!?  That was just to funny.

I'll have to see it Steve is going to show up again.  The man is a monster.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 12:20pm
i remember last time Rob Rubin, Tyger, had a phantom... he led a lot of the charges that i was with.  He was kicking ass and taking names while playing stock class.  I might just have to bust out the sl-68 II for a game. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slasherdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 3:18pm

Yeah for some reason people think the Pump's are to ...... crappy ..

Stock class is a blast and it's forcing me to get better at my snap shooting and aiming ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic