Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

16" useless

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrapnel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16" useless
    Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:34pm
from what i hear anything longer than a 14" berral is just useless, is this true?
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:52pm
Aye.

Past 14 inches its a waste of gas.  Slows down the ball and decreases range.

BTW, not really an idea, would have fit better in New Players
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
IONKID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IONKID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 3:42pm
I have a 16 " ARMSON STEALTH SNIPER BARREL for my 98 C and it works better than any 14" I have ever used....
gas isn't such a big deal, because a couple more inches isnt gonna change it too bad.  If you worry too much about gas, you will never fully appreciate paintball.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 3:49pm
Go get an AT-16 and tell me that it isn't one of the most accurate guns you have ever shot. 23" barrel.
RamboBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamboBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 4:12pm

i have a 21" razzor barrel and it shoots further and straighter than any barel i have ever had

TIPPMANN KICKS ASS
Champions know pain, endure pain, and never complain
98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
dtfastj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtfastj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Go get an AT-16 and tell me that it isn't one of the most accurate guns you have ever shot. 23" barrel.
Has less to do with the barrel and more to do with the marker itself.  I use a 16in AA but its not any more or less accurate than a 12 or 10 or 14 in aa.  16 was just all they had it stock at the time.  As long as you buy a high quality barrel its going to shoot straight.
A-5 RT$380
Double Trigger$29.95
Flatline$149.95
16in All American$75
WGP 70ci 45 CarbonFiber$200
ETC = $1026.75
Whomping newbies who have Markers that cost more than my entire setup...PRICELESS
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 5:08pm

You can turn that velocity screw as far out as you want and you will get exactly the same efficiancy. The velocity screw does not change the dwell at all. Only RVAs, differant drive springs, or anything affecting spring tension will affect the dwell. The velocity screw just indirects the air's path.

The size of the barrel is all up to you. Try before you buy. Over 14in will affect velocity, but not by extreme amounts. So just turn up your velocity when you chrono. You will not waste air using just the velocity screw!

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by RamboBlue RamboBlue wrote:

i have a 21" razzor barrel and it shoots further and straighter than any barel i have ever had

i can guarentee you that it does not shoot further than other barrels.  the only barrels there are that affect distance are the flatline for tippmanns and the hop up for armotechs.
turismomtrx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turismomtrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 10:36pm
^ indeed they have researched this and a paintball statisticall only needs about 10inch barrel. 14 is the basic limit. a apintball only needs about 7inches of no porting and the rest is fine. anyhting further than 14inches WILL cause more friction whcih will induce the player to add more velocity inducing wastes of gas. not only statistics prove right, but my own experience alon with others. my lapco bigshot7.5in shot almost just as accurate as my lapco bigshot 14inch. however my friends J&J 10 inch was perfect in size and same, if not better, accuracy as my 14inch. nuff said
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 10:58pm

I guess you haven't had a Flatline.

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 10:25am

Originally posted by Shrapnel Shrapnel wrote:

from what i hear anything longer than a 14" berral is just useless, is this true?

Like someone else stated, its all has to do with how good the Marker is. But if you do put the barrel on a good Marker, then ( in terms of accuracy) the longer the better, just like old smoothbore Muskets. But then you have to consider that the longer the barrel gets, the more it gets in your way, so I say that the longest you should get is a 16 inch.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 11:29am
Originally posted by IONKID IONKID wrote:

I have a 16 " ARMSON STEALTH SNIPER BARREL for my 98 C and it works better than any 14" I have ever used....
gas isn't such a big deal, because a couple more inches isnt gonna
change it too bad.  If you worry too much about gas, you will
never fully appreciate paintball.

y r u IONKID if u use a 98c
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 5:40pm
Yes
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:32pm
It's a waste of gas past 8 inches, and most short barrels have the same accuracy as longer barrels, but I've found that a 16inch will usually outperform a 8inch any day.
Because I can.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:33pm

Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

Originally posted by IONKID IONKID wrote:

gas isn't such a big deal, because a couple more inches isnt gonna
change it too bad.  If you worry too much about gas, you will
never fully appreciate paintball.

y r u IONKID if u use a 98c

don't post if it has nothing to do with the thread please.

Because I can.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Hella Cool Hella Cool wrote:

flatlines are nice and dandy when it comes to distance, but speed and drifting is what kills its awesome accuracy down. a regular barrel could out perform the flatline i believe.  i've use many flatlines before and wasn't that impressed.

Because I can.
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

flatlines are nice and dandy when it comes to distance, but speed and drifting is what kills its awesome accuracy down. a regular barrel could out perform the flatline i believe.  i've use many flatlines before and wasn't that impressed.

I was referencing his statement about shooting further.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:24pm
heh,

My 6 inch Freak, pwns my 14" CP Barrel.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

I was referencing his statement about shooting further.
i know
Because I can.
sniperman282 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniperman282 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 8:51am

my 18in dye boomb stick is accurate but my 14in gta sniper barrel is just as good and i dont really notice a diffrance in gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic