FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skirmish d-day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 3:11pm
I wouldn't give those out man, that's not something you want to risk losing. Keep them among your close friends or leave them at home where they're safe.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 9:04am
also u might want to guard ur stuff wen sleeping very well, ppl go around with duffle bags and just steal stuff my buddy got 3000 dollers worth of equipment stolen from him, also if any1 on the americans want i have WWII uniform jackets that my grandpa had and i will be glad to give out, just LMK
sniperr View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language, Flaming, 10/24

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniperr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 6:42pm
thanx
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by sniperr sniperr wrote:

if you lose all of your free shots, or get shot in the head, waht happens
next? r u just out of the game comp[leatly?

Nope, you can't be knocked out of the whole game. Once you start playing, you can be healed 3 times before you have to leave the field. At that point you wait at the reinsertion point until the ref lets you back in. I think insertions are every 30 minutes. When you are reinserted you start over again and can be healed up to 3 times unless you get a headshot. That cycle repeats until the game ends. The longest you can be out of the game for is 30 minutes.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
senseijim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senseijim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 4:27am
I'll be there.  On another forum, there are 2600 posts about d-day at skirmish. That is amazing.  It's all smak talk. 

Anyway, look forward to seeing y'all.
www.geocities.com/dog470soldier/page2.html?1101305476 570
www.geocities.com/southhillspb/index.html?11012655631 40
sniperr View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language, Flaming, 10/24

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniperr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2005 at 10:53pm
if you lose all of your free shots, or get shot in the head, waht happens
next? r u just out of the game comp[leatly?
ritzblitz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ritzblitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 5:49pm
I would go, but I will be out of the country :-(
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 12:20am
Update: I am now going again. Those kids from school are letting me go with them. I'm almost certain that I'll have my custom pro with me setup to lay the smack down when we hit the beach too which should be magical. I'm really looking forward to it.

CrazyPainter View Drop Down
Guested - Foulmouth Child

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyPainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:18pm

I'am going next year with 5 pals of mine I can want it loks and sounds like One heck of a good time. WHY not this year you ask well to save money get bedder at playing and get so gear!! But I know with with my a-5 thats has a e-grip I will riping thourgh the German defences on the longest day!!!

When my A-5 starts shoting I think you sould duck.
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 6:44am
Hell yea ill be there- im gonna have a A5 w/ RT, Double trigger, 14" J&J Ceramic, Intruder Foregrip, Tapco T6, G36C rail and hand guard, M4 Mag, NV goggles , should be pretty sick, if ne1 wants id be glad to give em back up wen we WILL BE taking the beach, and if possible to go in and buy paint with a big group for discounts ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by PaintballkidEPS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:19pm
You are out after being hit once but can be healed up to 3 times by a ref/medic unless it's a head shot. Gun shots don't count. If you're hit, you have to walk back to the reinsertion point which has always been by the beach for Allies and I think the Germans are inserted fairly close to there too. You can find out more at www.skirmish.com.

My last couple friends that intended to go with me bailed on me now so at the moment I'm not going anymore . However, these 2 kids I know from school said they'll be going so I might be able to join them. Seems like this always ends up happening to me before a scenario.

Edited by mod98commando

CLos98C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLos98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 2:25pm
hellz yea im going with like 8 other people, and theyre actually expectin bout 3000+ people this year. the only thing that sucks is the paint prices. its pretty stupid...no byop.    and does anyone know the ways of elimination, like how many times can you be shot before youre out

Edited by CLos98C
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 1:23pm
Sounds good SchoolU101. Just send me a PM sometime and I'll get back to you asap. My dad is pressuring me to find some people soon so we can get the hotel taken care of so I should know who I'm going with pretty soon.

SchoolU101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 3:36am
Mod98commando,

Last D-Day I brought 16 people with me. I've run a few groups to other games since then, but I can't take that anymore. I really don't know what's gonna happen in terms of numbers, but unlike most, I am willing to work. Everytime I try to rally people on a mission the responses are always the same "Nah...I'm just gonna hold down the fort here" or "I'm not carrying any ammo crates" or "yeah, just a sec..........." Know what I mean?

I'm not gonna have a group this time, but no matter what happens I'm game for team work. An organized group really does devistate everything. I'm sure we'll be able to find a few good guys in the field if our group isn't big enough.

Like your's, my plans aren't clear. I'm gonna be going to Frontier Wars at EMR just 2 weeks before D-Day. That should be good. Once things get more solid, we'll get in touch.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
gaumer View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:29pm
i might go next year
whatever
EmVeePee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmVeePee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:11am
Hoping to get some PBN Staff up there.

Skirmish is getting boring, crowd is too new for me
MVPaintballer
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:45pm
SchoolU101, I'd be glad to meet you out there and join your group. I'm most likely going to be American again. I'd like to be on the german side but the beach is too tempting for me, I have to storm it . I'm sure the germans go through more ammo anyway since we keep reinserting right in front of them. How many do you think you'll have in your group? I want to form a group of about 10-20 people and just keep running missions if it's possible. If we stick together and work closely we'll be unstoppable. Every time I do something like this or see it done the effects are devastating for the enemy. When I find out if I'm definitely going I'll post something and we'll figure out how to meet up.

Jonsblckhwk View Drop Down

Strike 1 Though he was original and cute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonsblckhwk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:15pm
so ah, you dont even need to have 12 friends just get 11 random people that want to buy paint and buy it all at once
SchoolU101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchoolU101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:38am
Yeah, 1 case is enough. I bought 2 for the 2003 D-Day (I had just gotten my e-grip and wanted to MG) but I didn't use it all.

I'll probably be there. Haven't missed one yet.

Mod98: I'm probably gonna be goin' on this one without a group. If there is a group it'll be my soon to be gf's friends from BU. You can hang with us if you want. Havin' no one there to see you kick ass sucks. Much more fun with friends/ witnesses. I think I'm goin' Americans this year.
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 3:37pm
No, you're not being cheap, $100/case is outrageous. If you buy with a bunch of people and get like 12 cases then it comes down to $75/case though which is still too high but it's much better. You might want to cut down on your paint usage anyway, more than 2 cases in a few hours is quite a large amount. I don't think I've used more than a case (or even an entire case for that matter) in a 7-8 hour day at the field in years. I only use about 1.5-2 cases at a scenario. You must be an animal out there .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic