War Protesters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by rypaintball3 rypaintball3 wrote:

badsmitty join the army and see if ur views are the same

Yep, they're the same.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:19pm
Hahahaha...too late.
rypaintball3 View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rypaintball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:18pm
badsmitty join the army and see if ur views are the same
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:18pm
I wonder if we would let another superpower nation, such as China, look at our stockpile of nuclear arms??
rypaintball3 View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rypaintball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 7:15pm
thanks o wait im not a guest now o well no prob by the way it wasnt nukes we were looking for its called chemical weapons that he has used before and we didnt say hand over your weapons we siad let us look wherever we want for them so if he would have let us look wherever we wanted to, there would be no war good job tho its a good thing u have ur facts straight.

PS: we didnt know what he had becasue he didnt let us look i have a feeling even tho thats basically what i said above u cant figure it out...

(directed at user hella cool)doubt that
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:56pm

Oooh oooh oooh, I go fishing for one afternoon and find myself being accused of calling soldiers babykillers.  I think maybe I should change my mind and demand more war so you young outspoken patriots can have your turn in the meat grinder.  Before I do this please consider:

1.  From your posts I see that few of you could pass the vocabulary portion of the ASVAB.  This will limit your ability to be an ARMY Ninja Warrior.

2.  When you get used like a two dollar prostitute by your government who will trump up a war like the current one, you can find solace in the fact that veterans from lost causes will be outspoken in keeping you in the meat grinder and that Lula Bell and Cletus will buy a Chinese made yellow magnet sticker to put on their car because they support you in your war in a place that they couldn't find on a map if the Iraqi Walmart's were highlighted on a map for them. <--- WOW!

3.  I'll let the rest of the veterans at the protest know that they are hippies and that they should be ashamed for calling themselves baby killers and not supporting the troops which they are or were.   

Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by rypaintball2 rypaintball2 wrote:

i think good smitty has nothing to do in his life so he finds some way to make something contraversial in his life by protesting the war, oldsoldier well done in this post im with you 100% and to those opposing the war in iraq we told sadam that we would wage war if he didnt cooperate and he didnt and none of the other UN were willing to back that up, however bush did and becasue of that we are taken more seriously by countries and we are ridding the world of a terroroist nation or trying to.

Yeah he should have just cooperated and given us the nukes he didn't have. Also, congrats on guestage.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 6:12pm
Terrorist nation? That's new. Africa...well nevermind, I guess this administration just bypasses them.
rypaintball2 View Drop Down

Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rypaintball2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:55pm
i think good smitty has nothing to do in his life so he finds some way to make something contraversial in his life by protesting the war, oldsoldier well done in this post im with you 100% and to those opposing the war in iraq we told sadam that we would wage war if he didnt cooperate and he didnt and none of the other UN were willing to back that up, however bush did and becasue of that we are taken more seriously by countries and we are ridding the world of a terroroist nation or trying to.
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

I'm in our high school's JROTC program and plan on joining the armed services.  I have gotten to the point where I have no respect for hippies who criticize soldiers for doing their job and following their orders... it just down right pisses me off.  The Iraq War is a very important war too me.  I salute the veterans.  Thank you.

I am a veteran protesting the war (spelled w-a-r, not s-o-l-d-i-e-r-s). Where do I fall into your cut and dry logic?

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

I'm in our high school's JROTC program and I have gotten to the point where I have no respect for hippies who criticize soldiers for doing their job and following their orders...

Thank you Eric Cartman.

Now, please - who are these people who are criticizing the soldiers?

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:57pm

Wow, offended by those protesting and trying to keep you from dying for someone else's freedom. I personally don't feel anymore free because of this war.

I appreciate that Goodsmitty understands my view and holds no offense to me not supporting this war, nor supporting troops more than any other civil service worker in the states.

HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:55pm

I'm in our high school's JROTC program and plan on joining the armed services.  I have gotten to the point where I have no respect for hippies who criticize soldiers for doing their job and following their orders... it just down right pisses me off.  The Iraq War is a very important war too me.  I salute the veterans.  Thank you.

Edited by HITMAN 4 HIRE
Because I can.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:45pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

wow, i didn't realize words were flexible enough to be bent into a 180*.

Your also rather closed minded to think that we are only in this war to make other people rich.

You are naive to think that we aren't. Look up Halliburton's wonderful history.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:21pm
wow, i didn't realize words were flexible enough to be bent into a 180*.

Your also rather closed minded to think that we are only in this war to make other people rich.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 4:16pm

/Yawn/

I just woke up getting ready for another night shift to find an nice, heated debate ensuing. Better get my shots in before work.

1. The typical closed mind of Cletus and Lulubelle Sixpack cannot see the difference in protesting the government's policies, but still supporting the soldiers. sad, but typical.

2. Right wingers (OS for example) use this fact to effectively label any protester as "un-American, hippie, pinko", etc.

3. The movement of disgruntled soldiers returning from the war is growing, are they "hippies?"

At some point in time when we have lost enough lives and spent enough $billions on this war that will accomplish nothing more than it has to date, the American people will start to call for its end. Maybe it's 10,000 lives, or $500 billion dollars, but I've always been on the left side of the bell curve, so I'll be protesting this Saturday.

How ironic it is that I (a veteran army officer who served in Bosnia) will be insulted on Saturday by non-veteran couch commandos who believe that the yellow ribbon on their trunk is an adequate display of their patriotism and valor.

-Zesty

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:54pm
I agree with Clark and Enos, however I do not see a reason to thank every troop that I come across. There are plenty of other people out there perpetuating freedom and safety, as well as education among the citizens of America. So thank your teachers and police officers...unless you're the type that just complains about them for doing their jobs. So why can't I complain about the job of a solider?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:34pm
Well said Thor.

I agree with Enos for the most part. Support the troops, protest your government.

While I support the war, I also support the Bill of Rights. So go have you fun protesting, see if anyone listens. Take a guess at how many you can piss off.

Just as people are gonna come support you as a speaker, you have to understand that there will be people supporting the troops, and the government.

Originally posted by Goodsmitty Goodsmitty wrote:

] You evidently value following your political party's agenda more than the troops.

Very nice hypocratic statement right there. What do you call your protest group other than a party trying to get their say in politics. AKA, a political party. It doesn't have to have a title to be a political party.
MattyJ View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:29pm

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Why Military Force Is Sometimes Needed.
Here's what you can do when you happen upon one of those stupid, naive, idiots that just can't seem to understand why force is sometimes needed:

1) Find the person involved in "no retaliation" type discussion.

2) Engage him in brief conversation, then ask if military force is appropriate.

3) When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"

4) Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because that would just cause more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."

5) When he's in mid-sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.

6) When he gets back up to up to punch you, point out that it would be a mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would, "be awful and he should not cause more violence."

7) Wait until he agrees that he has pledged not to commit additional violence.

8) Punch him in the face again, harder this time

Excellent idea my friend. Let their "non-agressiveness" protect them from getting knocked on their asses!

And OS, as I've said before, I have nothing but respect for you and any soldier (past, present, and future) that serves our country. I've got best friends in the Marines and the Air Force who are overseas in Afghanistan and Germany, respectively, and I pray for their safe return every day. But if they do not return, they will have died with honor.

So to OS, and any other vets/soldiers: Thank You.

98 Custom
HK G36C Appearance
70/4500 Dye Throttle
Ricochet AK
Polished Internals
Aluminum Power Tube
Dye Sticky 3 Grips

Next on the list:
???
Frozen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Why Military Force Is Sometimes Needed.
Here's what you can do when you happen upon one of those stupid, naive, idiots that just can't seem to understand why force is sometimes needed:

1) Find the person involved in "no retaliation" type discussion.

2) Engage him in brief conversation, then ask if military force is appropriate.

3) When he says "No," ask, "Why not?"

4) Wait until he says something to the effect of, "Because that would just cause more innocent deaths, which would be awful and we should not cause more violence."

5) When he's in mid-sentence, punch him in the face as hard as you can.

6) When he gets back up to up to punch you, point out that it would be a mistake and contrary to his values to strike you, because that would, "be awful and he should not cause more violence."

7) Wait until he agrees that he has pledged not to commit additional violence.

8) Punch him in the face again, harder this time

I don't totally agree with you, but that was absolutely hilarious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic