Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Protesters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Also, for those of you opposed to the war, are you still protesting our reasons for invading or our continued occupation? Do you want immediate troop withdrawl? [see below]

Below is my reasoning for protesting. It was my speech on Saturday after we read all 1513 names of the American Soldiers dead.

Hello. My name is Dave Smith. One year ago I was an army Captain ending a successful career. In the year since my discharge I have tried to convince many people of the mistakes we made in this war, and pointing out some of its shadier dealings. I have two messages today, one for the supporters of this war, and one for the protestors. I hope you will find that I am respectful of both, as I believe that everyone is entitled their opinion.

I don’t think that anyone would argue that Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who had a much-deserved date with justice. He should be tried and punished for his crimes. But I ask anyone who agrees with this war to listen as 1500 names of dead soldiers are read aloud, and ask themselves if we really reserved war as the last option. I spoke last month with my best friend from the army, whom I served with as Lieutenants in Bosnia in 1996. He was a company commander in Iraq and just came home this past year. He told me that of his group of seven buddies from Virginia Military Institute, three are gone. Three of his six closest classmates are all dead. Ask him if we exhausted every political avenue, or if we rushed to war on patriotism and nationalistic zeal. I think that anyone’s answer to that question is a matter of perspective from how close you are to the tragedy.

Every single one of those names read aloud today is symbolic of one irreversibly shattered family. Some of them were true heroes who died in valor. Some were patriots like Pat Tillman who gave up his NFL contract to do his duty for his county. Most only wanted the best college tuition benefits available to them. All of them are symbols of tragedy.

I hope that most of you here today have had more success than I have in changing people’s views of the war. Mine has been limited. I do not know at what point that this war outrages the majority of the public, whether it is 10,000 dead, 10 years, or $500 billion. Hopefully it will be successful and we will not be here next year. Either way, I believe that to leave Iraq without trying to stabilize it and repair the damage we have inflicted would be a grievous harm. However, I believe that the worst thing the American public can do to our soldiers and the Iraqi people is to idly stand by and not hold our government accountable to end this war as quickly as possible. While yellow ribbons are nice, supporting the troops means writing letters, marching, and protesting if necessary. One of the most effective lies in this country is that protesting the war means protesting the soldiers or the military. It is up to us to show our families and our coworkers that the difference between these two concepts is akin to the difference between protesting the death penalty and protesting justice.

In closing, I hope that this time next year we don’t need to protest because the war is over. But until that day comes, let us tirelessly continue to march as the vanguard of truth and democracy.

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:47pm
Im all for the war on terror, i was directly affected by the attacks on 9/11, but im waitin on when we get back to osama and all that. And im worried about north korea. I could care less about iraq, also, this business with osama and saddam, its broght out other entities and factors to light. What about them! I feel almost as if we have covered up an F in mathematics with a B in social studies with this putting osama on the back burner business and going after saddam.

Edited by DBibeau855
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 6:19pm
War on terror, what a joke...
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Im all for the war on terror, i was directly affected by the attacks on 9/11, but im waitin on when we get back to osama and all that. And im worried about north korea. I could care less about iraq, also, this business with osama and saddam, its broght out other entities and factors to light. What about them! I feel almost as if we have covered up an F in mathematics with a B in social studies with this putting osama on the back burner business and going after saddam.
So you're going to wait until we're fighting the kind of war you want to to do something about it? Once you join, you won't have that kind of luxury. Mistaken invasion or not, Iraq is now top priority. There are plenty of America-hating Jihadists there learning how to kill people and make bombs, while it would be nice to have Bin Laden's head on a pike, putting down the insurgency in Iraq and removing Al-Queda will probably do more to keep us safe in the future.

Goodsmitty, well written Speech. Now if you and OS could just be that civilized in your postings here you wouldn't resemble crap-hurling spider monkeys.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:09pm
 The War in Iraq I believe is is getting to become another smaller Vietnam. We went to Vietnam to help the South, and we lost more than 35,000 of our men for nothing to help a war that was hopeless after about the first 3 years. We stayed there and helped the South but we got NOTHING out of it but 35,000 dead Americans. We ruined so many of our soldiers families in that time. Now Iraq is becomming the same. THE only reason why we are there is to help the Iraq people rebuild their country. But now everyday a man or more is killed there. They say the war is over but is it? I in my opinion think that now Iraq is a very very stupid descion that Bush decides to keep us in. We should take our soldiers out. They are dying in a place where war is supposely over. That doesn't make sense. The people obvisiously don't want us rebuilding thier country so screw them. But some do, but not enough. That is my opinion on the War in Iraq.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:11pm

Great speech

It seems as if we put the War in Afghanistan on pause but that is because the media decides to report on the Iraq War. War in Afghanistan is still going on despite the little news we hear of it.

Killing Osama will not solve a thing. It's not like Al Queda will just give up once OBL is killed or captured. If anything, it will make things worse. He wants to die a Martyr, so if we kill him, it'll be what he wanted. I'd rather hear that we killed one of his top war planners or something of that sort. Or 5,000 terrorist than one OBL.

It would be nice to hear it on the news but it wouldn't solve much.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:12pm
[QUOTE=98c Dude13]  The War in Iraq I believe is is getting to become another smaller Vietnam. We went to Vietnam to help the South, and we lost more than 35,000 QUOTE] Wasn't it more like 57,000?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:15pm
Well they count the deaths that occured after the war was over due to injuries. Peoples name are still being added to it today. If they die of an injury sustained during Vietnam, they're added.
goodsmitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:43pm

So you're going to wait until we're fighting the kind of war you want to to do something about it? Once you join, you won't have that kind of luxury. Mistaken invasion or not, Iraq is now top priority. There are plenty of America-hating Jihadists there learning how to kill people and make bombs, while it would be nice to have Bin Laden's head on a pike, putting down the insurgency in Iraq and removing Al-Queda will probably do more to keep us safe in the future.

Goodsmitty, well written Speech. Now if you and OS could just be that civilized in your postings here you wouldn't resemble crap-hurling spider monkeys.

Thanks for the um, uh, compliment?

When I have a real opportunity to change or at least influence a semi-opened mind, I can be quite eloquent. When someone ignores the facts (upon facts, upon facts), and replies with patriotic mumbo-jumbo wrought from the speech books of various fascist dictators, I resort to antagonizing them because it is more fun.

Check out the Intelligent Design thread. I am in eloquent mode there.

Edited by goodsmitty
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:47pm

OOh! No no that wasnt what i mean at all when i said "waiting" Im just waitin for the day. And killing OBL will only threaten him. He needs to be locked away in a dark hole. These people want to die. They are trained to die. That is their function. They are encouraged to die. They are like the japanese, only they take out more people when they go.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

Great speech

It seems as if we put the War in Afghanistan on pause but that is because the media decides to report on the Iraq War. War in Afghanistan is still going on despite the little news we hear of it.

Killing Osama will not solve a thing. It's not like Al Queda will just give up once OBL is killed or captured. If anything, it will make things worse. He wants to die a Martyr, so if we kill him, it'll be what he wanted. I'd rather hear that we killed one of his top war planners or something of that sort. Or 5,000 terrorist than one OBL.

It would be nice to hear it on the news but it wouldn't solve much.

Also we are doing lots more things. My uncle is training men in Saudi Arabia right now.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:51pm
What does he do? Special Forces?
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:59am
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

The thing that none of you so called “Anti-War” people realize, is that we “Pro-War” people (as you call us) as well as everyone in the military, are all anti – war, do you think that we want war! Do you think that we want our fathers, sons, and daughters to go over there and fight and die! No, we don’t! The difference between us and you is the fact that we know that it does not take two men to start a war, only one. And we know that sometimes you have to go and fight and die so that others may live in a free country. My family knows this all to well, we have had at least one family member from every generation fight for this country in every war this country has been in, from the Revolutionary war on up to the war on terrorism and the war in Iraq, and my father is over there right now fighting so you people can call him a baby killer and his superiors Nazis. You all take this for granite, and you need to be more appreciative of the freedoms that you have and more thankful to those who have given them to you. So before you go and call someone a Nazi, think about all those Marines, Soldiers, Seamen, and Airmen who have died to give you the right to say that.

Who do you want me to thank-myself or my brother badsmitty?

First of all, I would like to thank you and your brother for serving your country, you have done what few people in this country are willing to do. Next, I would like to clarify that my comment above was not directed towards you or anyone like you because since you are in the service you are probably not going to call U.S. troops “Nazis” or “baby killers”, also, my comments were not directed towards people who are against the war, only towards people who hate U.S. troops, I believe that regardless of what your political views are towards the war you should always support our troops. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and once again, thank you for serving your country.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 10:07am

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

How is it a joke! Unless you are some kind of sick minded person who thinks that the deaths of over 3,000 American citizens in an unprovoked attack is funny! If that is the case, then why are you living in this country!? I was over there on 9/11, I have friends who lost relatives in the pentagon attack, so don’t go telling me the war on terror is a joke!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:26pm

The thing that none of you so called “Anti-War” people realize, is that we “Pro-War” people (as you call us) as well as everyone in the military, are all anti – war, do you think that we want war! Do you think that we want our fathers, sons, and daughters to go over there and fight and die! No, we don’t! The difference between us and you is the fact that we know that it does not take two men to start a war, only one. And we know that sometimes you have to go and fight and die so that others may live in a free country. My family knows this all to well, we have had at least one family member from every generation fight for this country in every war this country has been in, from the Revolutionary war on up to the war on terrorism and the war in Iraq, and my father is over there right now fighting so you people can call him a baby killer and his superiors Nazis. You all take this for granite, and you need to be more appreciative of the freedoms that you have and more thankful to those who have given them to you. So before you go and call someone a Nazi, think about all those Marines, Soldiers, Seamen, and Airmen who have died to give you the right to say that.

First of all, I would like to thank you and your brother for serving your country, you have done what few people in this country are willing to do. Next, I would like to clarify that my comment above was not directed towards you or anyone like you because since you are in the service you are probably not going to call U.S. troops “Nazis” or “baby killers”, also, my comments were not directed towards people who are against the war, only towards people who hate U.S. troops, I believe that regardless of what your political views are towards the war you should always support our troops. Sorry for the misunderstanding, and once again, thank you for serving your country.

Thank you for the clarification. But in all seriousness, wouldn't you agree that the overwhelming majority of protesters are against the war, but support the military? I haven't seen or heard of a single incident of troops being spat upon.

-Zesty

Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 9:55am

Thank you for the clarification. But in all seriousness, wouldn't you agree that the overwhelming majority of protesters are against the war, but support the military? I haven't seen or heard of a single incident of troops being spat upon.

Yes I agree that most do support the troops, however, there is a large group of protesters that do hate the troops ( they are certainly not the majority though), I have even encountered some here in Montana, but of course they are not from this state originally, and I think that you will agree with me that they do not deserve to live in this country for the reason that since they hate our troops they are no better than those we are fighting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 7:47pm

Yes I agree that most do support the troops, however, there is a large group of protesters that do hate the troops ( they are certainly not the majority though), I have even encountered some here in Montana, but of course they are not from this state originally, and I think that you will agree with me that they do not deserve to live in this country for the reason that since they hate our troops they are no better than those we are fighting.

That is interesting. I live in Ohio (red state) so the support is overwhelmingly for the soldiers. I was curious though, whether the more liberal blue states acted differently. Montana doesn't strike me as being a liberal state.

-Zesty

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

What does he do? Special Forces?

Hes what you call a "Snoop N poop" Like, the movie where a century is smoking a cigerete, and out of the shadow a knife apears over his throat and the guy dies. Thats what my uncle does. Wich is pretty cool, but the military bloody ruined him, hes all serious and no fun. Basicaly a big D word.
untouchable555 View Drop Down
Strike 2, moronic filter dodge X 2 5/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote untouchable555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 8:20pm
What is with everywon hating on the war. So many people have died to protect your all of your rights and all you can say is how wrong war is? OS that was perfectly said. I am 250% for the war.
Tippmann 98c
20 ounce Co2 tank
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Jackbooted Thug Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 9:19pm

Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>How is it a joke! Unless you are some kind of sick minded person who thinks that the deaths of over 3,000 American citizens in an unprovoked attack is funny! If that is the case, then why are you living in this country!? I was over there on 9/11, I have friends who lost relatives in the pentagon attack, so don’t go telling me the war on terror is a joke!

Yes, tragic events. I'm not taking away from that, but what I am doing is saying that the Bush administration "War on terror" Is a joke. Wow, lets piss them off even more, invade countries for no good reason, get rid of civil rights, and lose any standing we had in the world, and for what? For nothing.

Edited by BARREL BREAK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic