Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fav Camo Patterns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Okay scenario dudes, what are your favorite camo patterns?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
44 [58.67%]
7 [9.33%]
4 [5.33%]
3 [4.00%]
17 [22.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:07pm
IT doesn't get to specific for me I just prefer any type of digital camo
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:29am

I go with woodland, but I can't wait to try out the US Army's new digital pattern on the ACU (Advanced Combat Uniform), the replacement for the current BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform).  Hopefully, I'll get the chance to try them in the field, and on the paintbal field before the next deployment to the Middle East. These use the same pattern, but diferent colors as the Marine pattern.  From what I remember in the Army Times article, the Army licensed the pattern from the Marines, so they are copyrighted as well (no globe and anchor though, thank God ;) ). There are a lot of knockoff uniforms and equipment with the Marine pattern, and some Marines are using their access to their clothing sales stores to make a little extra money on the side by selling the authentic items on e-bay.  Of course, I'm pretty sure that's like illegal, blackmarketeering or something like that.

A definate pl;us for everyone who plays in the woods, is that with the Army and Marines switching or already switched, and the Navy and Air Force looking at new patterns, there will be tons of woodland BDU's on the surplus market, and ebay pretty soon.  We (Army) are isuing the ACU to people going to the Middle East now, then to trainees, and they will be in our clothing sales stores I think next yar, with a mandatory owning date of 2007.  Of course the reserve components might be getting them later or earlier depending on if/when they deploy.  There will also be a lot of the 3 color desert BDU hitting the market soon.  The Marines have their desert uniform, and we are using one uniform for all climates  and will be getting rid of ours soon too.  Actually we didn't even have to turn ours in when we got back, and before units returning from desert locales had to. This is because of deploying units getting the ACU's.

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:39am

Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

I like to use a little known method called reverse camo, you see I live in the desert and it is very bright out, so I wrap myself and my marker in very very shiney tin foil, it is so bright they can't look in my direction without being blinded and are forced to shoot blindly in my direction. yay im creative.

Have you ever even tried this idea out? I don’t think you have because apparently you have never tried to cook anything outside in the desert by wrapping it in tin foil and leaving it out in the sun, it works very well. But if your tin foil “camouflage” does work, and you don’t mind being cooked alive, then more power to you.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 3:09pm
i like the tin foil idea, but woodland camo is my choice, but it all depends on where ur playing, o and, it is called WINTER CAMO. its not just white, it has trees and stuff on it
Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:29am
Originally posted by gabe_weller21 gabe_weller21 wrote:

um i like the digital camo thing and now that we know the complete history of CADPAT and MARPAT i think we should find out wich is better i know sum guys above said sumthing about CADPAT beeing greaner and MARPAT beeing browner but which one is  all around better because i am looking into buys sum new camo for this summer does  any one know the answer? 

p.s.

i live in central illionios

I’ve been to Illinois and from what I’ve seen the terrain there is not to different than Montana’s in the color, so I would say that MARPAT is better for you. Unless you are playing in a greener area like a cornfield, then CADPAT is better.

P.S. Thank you Brihard for Clarifying the origins of Pixel camo, someone a long time ago had told me that MARPAT was first but apparently he was an idiot who did not do any research, oops, that describes me to I guess.

Edited by MT. Vigilante
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:29pm
I like to use a little known method called reverse camo, you see I live in the desert and it is very bright out, so I wrap myself and my marker in very very shiney tin foil, it is so bright they can't look in my direction without being blinded and are forced to shoot blindly in my direction. yay im creative.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:24pm
tye dye
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 8:25pm

not exactly ghillie, but same lines i supose...

i took an old brown sheet (really ugly), spraypainted black and greens on it, then sliced little holes and plugged in branches (both ends of the sticks, so you can sorta ball up the sheet), duct taped them in(underside), and stitched 1/2 pound rocks into each corner (keeps it from blowing away)...its semi-portable, but mostly a fixed postition, but it pretty much disapears in the woods, i've been stepped upon by a careless player (there was three guys walking together, and i wasnt gonna take that many on at once without backup, so i tried to let them walk past...didnt work)

its great to set up, lie down, and pick off guys, because its pretty dang hard to see

Rusty Rambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Rambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 9:55am
Realtree Hardwoods HD and Mossy Oak Obesission depending on the season.
gabe_weller21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabe_weller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 9:10am

um i like the digital camo thing and now that we know the complete history of CADPAT and MARPAT i think we should find out wich is better i know sum guys above said sumthing about CADPAT beeing greaner and MARPAT beeing browner but which one is  all around better because i am looking into buys sum new camo for this summer does  any one know the answer? 

p.s.

i live in central illionios

ump107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ump107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 4:47am
If memory serves me correctly the CADPAT and the MARPAT designs were a joint research project between the USMC and the Canadians. Real MARPAT is incredibly difficult to find in the US, it actually has a USMC seal sewn into it. It most likely won’t get into the civilian market until the USMC has completed issue to all of its members active and reserve. If you do find real USMC MARPAT camouflage it probably came from a Marine who was issued it and recently discharged. The US government just seized a large amount of counterfeit MARPAT a foreign company was making it and sewing in the USMC seal in the counterfeit stuff and selling as the real thing to anyone who would pay the large cost for it.
Tippman 98 Custom
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
BT-16 Barrel kit
BT-Folding stock
JT USA Spectra ProShield
"If you must runaway do so quietly; Screaming looks bad on the news.” (unknown)
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:29pm
Oh, that's becasue the guy who posted it was an idiot and stickied it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
-mit- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -mit- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:14pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

-mit-, sticky is when you set a post to 'sticky'- in other words it stays right at the top of the forum. It's not something you're suposed to do without permission from the mods.

but what is different about the topic if it is sticky. does it stay at the top?

Team Infinity
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xspyderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

Originally posted by paintballman_13 paintballman_13 wrote:

Snow. (dont know its real name)

winter camo

I don't want to get too technical here, but I think it's called WHITE...  it is a little lighter than beige, and the opposit of black... recommended for winter time... but if you play around where dogs hang out, I'd recommend some yellow stains... that version is known as "where the huskies go camo"...

Edited by Xspyderman
Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32° Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by paintballman_13 paintballman_13 wrote:

Snow. (dont know its real name)

winter camo
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:05pm
CADPAT was first, MT, but you're spot on with your analysis. The forests in British Columbia (Washington State's northern border) are some of the best palces for the stuff, but also any temperate forest is good. the MARPAT has more brown, and it can be better in muddier areas, or places with elss vegetation...

-mit-, sticky is when you set a post to 'sticky'- in other words it stays right at the top of the forum. It's not something you're suposed to do without permission from the mods.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
x-mo-x View Drop Down
strike 3, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-mo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 3:31pm

sry to bust your bubble bud but cadpat was the first digital camo made in Canada and the U.S. acquired it later on but its infact Can.concept..

Oh an ya its the best no matter if its U.S. Or Can. ITS GOOD STUFF ANYWAYS!!!!!

Edited by x-mo-x
Eyes up this one's for you!!! Brought to you by the Canadian Guy!!!
thunder pig 73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunder pig 73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 12:51pm
we do senerio all the time we eather use army camo or woodlands.
-mit- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -mit- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 12:38pm

what does sticky mean?

Team Infinity
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 8:47am

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

CADPAT. The original digital camouflage. Greener than the MARPAT, and I wear it at work. 

Seriously, it's actually pretty good stuff.

Here's a bunch of our guys from a unit out west wearing it on an urban combat exercise, using paintball gear, coincidentally. (Yes, I know there aren't any buildings. This was on the approach.)

Unsticky, fool!

Now I might be wrong, so if I am please provide proof of me being so because I want to be accurate on this, but I am pretty sure that the U.S. Marines were the first to issue pixel camo ( MARPAT ) and they were the first to develop it.

As for the CADPAT being greener, that can be better or worse depending on your surroundings. Like here in Montana, MARPAT works better because all of our woods have no bright colors at all, there is just all dark and dull tan, brown, black, and sage colors, which is the exact colors on the MARPAT. Now in a place like Washington State for example, the CADPAT would be better because it is a brighter green. But I think that both of us can agree that no matter what environment you are in, some type of pixel camo is best.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic