Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone 2.0
    Posted: 16 August 2005 at 8:50am

Ah, I see now. Your one-liner above didn't make much sense.

*note* I have edited my responses to remove the exact details from a publicly accessible forum. I know you all want to start trying your own hand at it, but it is stupid of me to leave these details out. I have catalogged and copied my posts locally to my HDD. Hopefully most of you who have read this can remember enough to get started.

Good luck VT.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 4:57pm
no, i know the cyclone cant feed past 18, well stock cyclone, i'm working on modifing the cyclone myself with some of your ideas and some of mine. Now i'm not sure its gonna work yet and i'm making a prototype of my idea now. I would explain what i'm doign but i wanna finish it and see that it works before i say anything, but if i'm right i think i can get it going 24 bps with no choping, but first let me finish making it and get a vid first.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:52pm

Huh. Are you saying you CAN or thats what you want?

I know for a fact (yeah, it's a fact) that the Cyclone cannot feed that fast in its stock configuration. A lot of n00bs will over rate what they're hearing (I just had some this weekend think my A-5 was shooting 25 bps- I wish) with high rates of fire. I'm sure you've used a stopwatch before- 15 bps makes the gun firing noise 15 times in one second. You can't count that audibly. You can't count 20, 25, or 30. Now, if you've been around these ROF's for a while you can tell the difference and distinguish between them. But no one can actually count the ROF. Autocockers also sound like they're shooting twice as fast as they really are, because the back block is slapping around inbetween shots and really screws up what you're actually hearing.

A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:15pm
Lets say i could get it up to 24-25 bps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 9:02am

No, no. Modifying the spring might be able to squeeze 1 more bps out. Overall, I'm expecting at least 20 bps, and aiming for 22 bps. If it gets even higher, by seem shear amount of luck, that would, of course, also be awesome

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 4:12pm
Wait a minute, Lordjovian. Do you mean hopefully this whole"cyclone 2.0" will incraese the cyclone's max ROF up 1bps or just the porting would add an extra ball per second?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 9:00am

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 12:59am
that doesnt sound like copyright infringemint cause your using a part its kind of like getting the ball bering copyrighted and get sued cause you sold metal balls i know thats kinda a lame commparison but its all i could think of. by the way where do you port the cyclone feed on the part closests to the feeder housing or you when your firing it?
Gamertag: Kataklysm999

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 1:51pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by bigbadgixxer bigbadgixxer wrote:

qloader is coming out with a adapter for the a5 and it will keep up with r/t and the new was board?

tim

God i hope so^

bigbadgixxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgixxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:58pm

qloader is coming out with a adapter for the a5 and it will keep up with r/t and the new was board? for the 98 guys is it a money thing? my halo b with victory board and rip drive keeps up to my was boarded pro e no problem?

tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 2:06pm

Sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, I have yet to begin due to problems with the office I owrk at. We've been forced to re-locate and our network was hastily put together horribly. I've recently re-built it, and should have the time to focus on this awesome idea.

That idea for the blades is a good one- I was racking my mind trying to figure out how to get the blades stiff enough but also flexible enough. Thanks.

A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 9:46am
i looked on a5og, they have some ok stuff on this subject, but this one seems the most promising.
Arbites View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Soon to be Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Solutions:

2. Molded rubber/ silicone blades. Similar to those paddle fan upgrades found in the Revvy, this can give the blades a little more forgiving flexure on the balls trying to drop between the blades. This can also help lighten the weight on the spindle, thus reducing friction, and allow the Cyclone spring to return to its original position quicker.

The other two solutions sound good but funny thing is I was thinking of the issue of number two on A5OG. I do not think an all flexible blade would throw the paint into the breach fast enough. One of the real limitations with the speed of the cycolne is not how fast it can through the paint in, but how the rotational speed of the blades actually prevents gravity from dropping paint into the 5 sprocket spaces. the spinning blades end up bouncing the balls up and away from them because of the stiff upper part of the sprocket.

I think the solution may be to keep the stiff lower (feeding) part of the sprocket, but either make the 2 armed upper part of the sprocket soft or add a set of soft arms above that to stir the balls and prevent them from being bounced back up away from the feed wholes. This problem is particularly evident when the hopper is less than half full (even somewhat an issue when less than 3/4).

How does that sound?

Edit = spell check

Edited by Arbites
A-5: 12" Ceramic, Egrip/WAS/Duel, HPA, MP5 sliding stock
SMG-68: 12" Ceramic
68-Specials(8): 12"&14" Ceramic, 12V Revy *** 1 Tip-n-Strip, 1 Blue, 1 FA w/Qloader
SL-68: 14" Ceramic
SMG-60 Ext. Line
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

Cyclone + 98 = garbage

I hated it. I fired it with RT  and it went slower than it would have on a A-5 this may be due to some technical error on my part but it felt bulky and dumb. I recommend an egg instead of it.

It costs just under $60.

If you must have the Cyclone then just have someone else do it for you or buy it.

Also, I'm going to hook the cyclone ack up to the 98 and try this to see if it works, I'll let you know.

wait you just dropped an A-5 cyclone onto a 98?  Why doesnt everybody just do that? Or tippmann just sell the cyclone seperately?  hmmm i want to know when it comes out as my halo is busted..

No, I got the cyclone by buying parts for it, and piece by piece I had a cyclone.

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:40pm
Lj have you got any further advances with this yet???? I realyl want to see how this works you could possibly patent and sell the patent to tippmann inc and make big bucks if this works out. sounds like an awsome idea
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

I am wanting to get the E-Grip and equip it with the new W.A.S board rated at 25+ bps
DOP blade trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 4:30pm
is there a way to retro fit a cyclone to a 98?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:47am
Yep, already on it. Got plans to hit the 'ol hardware store today.
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 12:46am
Well the WAS boards are out now. http://www.wickedairsportz.net/index.php
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 10:55pm
I already want one...
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic