Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:15pm

Cyclone + 98 = garbage

I hated it. I fired it with RT  and it went slower than it would have on a A-5 this may be due to some technical error on my part but it felt bulky and dumb. I recommend an egg instead of it.

It costs just under $60.

If you must have the Cyclone then just have someone else do it for you or buy it.

Also, I'm going to hook the cyclone ack up to the 98 and try this to see if it works, I'll let you know.

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:57pm

As far as I know about the WAS board- it's pretty much similar to all the other ones. I belive you can write programs for it, add eyes, change the ROF etc. The only thing I don't think it will support would be an LCD screen.

I haven't had a chance to mess with the 98C cyclone at all. Is there a chance you didn't lube the Cyclone when you put it on? I hear many folks saying crap about not putting oil in the Cyclone, but I've had no problem with it.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
LiL_Conquer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiL_Conquer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 5:55pm
wow lol
Welcome to the darkside.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 2:54pm
The reason the cyclone runs slow is the spring return ram, and the fact that the system advances when the ram retracts.

When you start ripping, the cyclone cylinder gets filled with air too fast to deal with. It cant return and advance the star, so it hangs.

Just stick a QEV on it.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

The reason the cyclone runs slow is the spring return ram, and the fact that the system advances when the ram retracts.

When you start ripping, the cyclone cylinder gets filled with air too fast to deal with. It cant return and advance the star, so it hangs.

Just stick a QEV on it.
Sounds good to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 8:54am

The QEV was mentioned earlier, but I don't think I'd want to add that kind of real estate to the cyclone piston. More knobs and whatnot for stuff to hang on. When I build the prototype I might try out both ideas. I'd imagine though it may be difficult to thread the piston without screwing the QEV in the path of the piston. Plus I have no way to thread anything I drill, unless I take it to a guy I know. I plan to test out the porting first, and if the results aren't desirable I'll give the QEV a go.

I was wondering when you'd get around to checking this out Enos.

A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by ^Pirate^ ^Pirate^ wrote:

Cyclone + 98 = garbage

I hated it. I fired it with RT  and it went slower than it would have on a A-5 this may be due to some technical error on my part but it felt bulky and dumb. I recommend an egg instead of it.

It costs just under $60.

If you must have the Cyclone then just have someone else do it for you or buy it.

Also, I'm going to hook the cyclone ack up to the 98 and try this to see if it works, I'll let you know.

wait you just dropped an A-5 cyclone onto a 98?  Why doesnt everybody just do that? Or tippmann just sell the cyclone seperately?  hmmm i want to know when it comes out as my halo is busted..

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 9:21pm
bump! i want this thread to last cause this seems really interesting!
awblah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awblah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 11:28pm

Ok....either im really dumb and missed someting or im right about this.  how did you get an A-5 cyclone on the 98c?  The A-5 cyclone requires a WAY bigger feeding tube than any ive ever seen on a 98c

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 8:54am

What do you mean feeding tube? The breech is the same size- all he really had to do was attach it onto the gun and find something to act as the metal spike. The air supply would go right into the R/T opening on a 98C.

A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:51pm
are you gonna make it LJ??!?!?
gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 2:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 5:52pm

Yes, I'm gonna make it. Like I mentioned before, there's no point to making it yet without a way to test it. I pretty much have to wait for the WAS board to come out.

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 11:37am
They make a special clay for that LJ, I forget what it's called. Do you have access to a high temp oven?
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 8:52am
Nope, just your regular run-of-the-mill kitchen oven.
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 10:55pm
I already want one...
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 12:46am
Well the WAS boards are out now. http://www.wickedairsportz.net/index.php

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:47am
Yep, already on it. Got plans to hit the 'ol hardware store today.
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 4:30pm
is there a way to retro fit a cyclone to a 98?
A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 1:40pm
Lj have you got any further advances with this yet???? I realyl want to see how this works you could possibly patent and sell the patent to tippmann inc and make big bucks if this works out. sounds like an awsome idea
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

I am wanting to get the E-Grip and equip it with the new W.A.S board rated at 25+ bps
DOP blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic