Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Destruction of America
    Posted: 28 May 2005 at 8:57am
English is the only language that doesn't have masculine/feminine/neuter verbs...

for example... German has der die and das for the same word!

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Sentinelz Sentinelz wrote:

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

"Who can't afford to speak, learn, use" How can they not afford? It's free ya know! Just the other day at work, a family of Mexicans came in, and they had their 7 year old translate for them! Dune, I never said the English language was easy, I know it's one of the hardest to learn, BUT it's not hard ot get the basics down.

Actually our language sucks I mean come on we have spelling bees... and I don't mean like a couple the people that are in them study like I lift... four hours a day high intensity 80% of my max at least ten reps of all of the days lifts excluding ones this won't apply to sensiblythen either before or after that I run 3 miles needless to say I go through a lot of ade gator power not hater or hator....

We have spelling bees because of the way our language is. If you study a foreign language you will learn that languages like spanish have only one way of saying a word. A spanish person can look at a word and pronounce it perfectly never having heard the word before based on basic grammar skills and rules of sylabacation. English, we have many different ways of saying things, and there are no set ways to say one word or another, spelling changes, rules are constantly ignored, having perfect spelling, having a working knowledge of spanish grammar is not hard. In english its quite another matter.
Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 4:08am

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

"Who can't afford to speak, learn, use"

How can they not afford? It's free ya know!

Just the other day at work, a family of Mexicans came in, and they had their 7 year old translate for them!

Dune, I never said the English language was easy, I know it's one of the hardest to learn, BUT it's not hard ot get the basics down.

Actually our language sucks I mean come on we have spelling bees... and I don't mean like a couple the people that are in them study like I lift... four hours a day high intensity 80% of my max at least ten reps of all sets of the days lifts excluding ones this won't apply to sensibly then either before or after that I run 3 miles needless to say I go through a lot of ade gator power not hater or hator....

I get free stuff for playing football here It's like I walk in to mcdonalds or a gas station and it's like dave chappelle at the laundromat in slo-mo

Edited by Sentinelz
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 4:00am
Man, I wish I was a cop in Florida. Although I am fixing to move to Pheonix soon.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 1:32am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Yeah, almost all convient stores give us free drinks and stuff because we look out for them. In NYC, the cops on their beats get free dinners from the local restaraunts because they are a good deterrent presence.

At McDonalds, if you come through the drive-thru in squad car, your whole meal is free. Usually we throw in a free apple pie for good measure.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 6:06pm
My dad was a courier for a while, he had to carry around a radio. He has a funny way of walking into places. He walks in, stops, and looks around. He did it in a 7-11 and the guy behind the counter said "Hello officer" My dad looked down at his radio and said. Haha oh well hello.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 6:02pm
Yeah, almost all convient stores give us free drinks and stuff because we look out for them. In NYC, the cops on their beats get free dinners from the local restaraunts because they are a good deterrent presence.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:59pm
Yall get free coffe? Thats almost funny. We have a really bad moped stealing problem around here. And usualy, i know who did it and where it is through a friend of mine, i usualy give a buddy of mine tips, he loves it.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:58pm
Yup, always a good place for coffee. It's usually free too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:56pm
I never really believed it till once, i was driving down this road and passed a dunkin donuts, i saw like 6 or 7 cruisers all nicely parked in the parking lot. I thoght it was the best thing i had seen that day. I wish i had a camera.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:54pm
Some cops don't, I like junkfood so you bet I'll eat doughnuts.
The rumor actually came around because the only places open to get coffee real late at night and in the early morning was doughnut shops.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:52pm
I knew it... My buddy worked at a Safeway for a couple years in highschool. He was stocking stuff, and someone walks in, and hes about to get off work, and hes like "Hey man, we have a special on donuts, 29 cents a pound." And its two cops that just walked in, and one of them said "Hey kid i dont do the donut thing!" Then walked off. My friend said he fell off his little latter he was so startled and whatnot.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:49pm

Usually it's reports. On occaision we'll sit in an odd place to watch for a stolen vehicle or something. Usually it's to finish a report up so whoever made it can get a copy at the records department the next day. They sit in odd places so no one will walk up behind them with a shotgun and shoot them, which happened a few years back.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:47pm
I think its messed up when people get shot at on duty. What could make you that mad. Thats just a coward thing to do. Shoot at someone who is sittin in their cruiser doing paper work or eatin dinner or whatever it is you guys do when you sit in odd ball parking lots. Ive seen so many cops sitting in the weirdest places. My best bet is they are playin hookie and not workin, or doin paperwork.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:41pm

We had our cruiser shot at a couple of nights ago, couldn't find the guys.

Yeah, plus, with adults, they have something to lose, like jobs. It makes them a little more clear headed in tough situations.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:40pm

It's not what you have as a family, as I do not know you personally, I was only remarking at the statements you had made here. I could be very wrong.

Bugg, trust me, juveniles in gangs are much more likely to shoot a cop than an adult gang member.

Thats because the juveniles have something to prove, a lot of the gang members i know are 13-16, they are all very insecure. And cops tend to be disrespectful, specialy to gang members, its out of concerns for safety. But the kids find it disrespectful. And get mad about it. We just had a thing where a kid got "dissed" by a cop or whatnot,then his gang shot up the same car, but it was a different time of day, the cop was sharing a cruiser with the daytime guy. Kid is hiding now.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:39pm

Oh yeah, that's nothing at all, planning is always the best.

We ran up on some of juvi's with about 100 packs of stolen cigarettes and fake guns on them. A couple were alright and respectful, but two threatened my partner, so they ate pavement until the threat was neutralized. It depends on their personality.

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:39pm

Bugg, trust me, juveniles in gangs are much more likely to shoot a cop than an adult gang member.

Oh, I don't refute, us eens cna be idiots a lot of the time.

Plus, I got a budyd thtas a cop in Detroit.. too many bad stories
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:37pm
Only when we dont plan out our misteif. What we like to do isnt dangerous, a couple weeks ago, we made a waterfal/ car wash. It was cool, we took a fire hose, and ran it up this little bridge thing. Then hooked the firehose to a firehydrant, and turned it on, the result was a very cool waterfall effect.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 5:36pm

It's not what you have as a family, as I do not know you personally, I was only remarking at the statements you had made here. I could be very wrong.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic